By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Sales 20/02 ~ 26/02

smbu2000 said:
Acevil said:
Zlejedi said:
Acevil said:
VicViper said:
Seece said:
Is there anything on the radar for Vita Japanese owners? I mean, what's the worst case scenario here? Sub 6k?

Persona 4 remake on... June!

And than FFX remake on... who knows.

Really nothing else? No minor titles that might give a push?

Ciel no Surge in April

Hmm, but nothing solid in March? Hmm, this is going to be rough for Sony. 

Didn't Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus debut for the Vita in these numbers? I guess it didn't make the top 20 then.

Release date:  2012/2/23, so you would be correct. 

Around the Network
Seece said:
RolStoppable said:
Seece said:
milkyjoe said:
RolStoppable said:

Was just looking at all time Media Create numbers for the 3DS yesterday, the lowest week was 3-4k right before the price cut. The second lowest one was 15k two weeks before the price cut which is the week when Nintendo officially announced the price cut for August. The third lowest week (the one you can truly count as the lowest one) was 15k during May 2011.

17,240 to be precise. W/E May 22nd. The week before that it was 18,324, and everything other than that before the price cut announcement was above 20k.

Week ending July 31st I see 16,415 ...

Might as well post the link to the numbers, so that others can take a look too. Plus sales numbers for all other platforms.

http://garaph.info/labs/besttoworst.php//sys/3DS

And yes, I was off on the numbers I posted previously, mixed one up with Famitsu data and misremembered the other one.

Were people ever alarmed by 3DS sales in Japan .. they look really good to me 0_o, maybe thats because of how things are now for Vita.

Well the expectations were very big for 3DS as it was successor to the DS, the machine that sold over 33 million in Japan peaking with 8.5 million in a year. For pretty much every other console 3DS numbers last year would have been solid.

Why should Japan buy the Vita over the PSP when they still keep getting so many PSP games, god damn. Pretty soon SRW Z2-2 will be out also I believe.

Great opening for Harvest Moon! That's one of the biggest openings ever for a Harvest Moon game in Japan.

I believe milkyjoe is right with around 17k being the lowest the 3DS hit without price cut effect. ( I LOVE MilkyJoe! Isolation, isolation). But the 16k the week of the price cut is fair game too I suppose.

Vita is in BIG trouble in Japan, looking like it will go sub-10k soon. Likely to keep dropping after that. There still isn't a massive hit like monster hunter etc on the horizon. As VicViper said all we know so far is Persona 4 in June (over 3months away) and FFX at some point. Persona 4 is a port of a console game, it should sell well but not going to be a smash hit million seller. Likewise FFX is a port and that will also be available on the PS3 at the same time. So both will probably hit a few hundred thousand but they aren't going to be million sellers that massively help hardware.

Ciel no surge might do okay however the companies other similar games have only ever done a few hundred thousand at best and that has been on systems with big install bases. It should end up over 100k, but I don't think it's going to give hardware that much of a boost.

Theatrhythm is very supply constrained at the moment. Won't have the next shipment for next week either. It should have reasonable legs when new shipments come in.

Love Plus is very front loaded however at the same time the game should reach over 200k. The first game and it's updated version hit 260k and 230k. This one will do similar figures as it's just the type of fanbase.

Harvest moon opened strong. Vgchartz was saying how until kingdom hearts there were no real titles for the 3DS but that was way out. Going to be a steady stream of games hitting 100k in a couple of weeks of launch.

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

Might as well post the link to the numbers, so that others can take a look too. Plus sales numbers for all other platforms.

And yes, I was off on the numbers I posted previously, mixed one up with Famitsu data and misremembered the other one.

Did you make this?

RolStoppable said:
happydolphin said:
RolStoppable said:

Did you make this?

Do you like it? If yes, then I'll take credit for it.

I love it and want to add it to the CatchUp thread (beside the media create links), it is extremely useful.

Thank you by the way.

happydolphin said:
RolStoppable said:
happydolphin said:
RolStoppable said:

Did you make this?

Do you like it? If yes, then I'll take credit for it.

I love it and want to add it to the CatchUp thread (beside the media create links), it is extremely useful.

Thank you by the way.

Nice link!

And wow, DS Lite was a monster and the Original DS not so much. Great hopes for 3DS Lite going by this.

Zim said:

Ciel no surge might do okay however the companies other similar games have only ever done a few hundred thousand at best and that has been on systems with big install bases. It should end up over 100k, but I don't think it's going to give hardware that much of a boost.

Love Plus is very front loaded however at the same time the game should reach over 200k. The first game and it's updated version hit 260k and 230k. This one will do similar figures as it's just the type of fanbase.

Harvest moon opened strong. Vgchartz was saying how until kingdom hearts there were no real titles for the 3DS but that was way out. Going to be a steady stream of games hitting 100k in a couple of weeks of launch.

Ciel at most will reach Ragnarok/Tales/GD sales region imho so the efect if any on hardware will be minimal.

Love Plus is not going to reach 200k.  Not with this kind of drop in second week.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Vita has has no killer releases yet so people shouldn't be surprised. It WILL drop below 10k soon that's a given but once the big names start flowing these numbers will just be a memory,Just like the 3ds.. 3ds and ps3 doing well as usual and psp doing decent.