By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Sales 20/02 ~ 26/02

Poor Vita sales.Unlike the home console market, Japan is still very, very important and relevant for dedicated gaming handhelds, so it needs those Japanese sales.

Around the Network

Harvest Moon games tend to have fairly good legs as well- very nice opening :)

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

04./00. [PSP] I Don't Have Many Friends Portable # <ADV> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.02.23} (¥6.800) - 56.969 / NEW

He's so proud of these sales!

lots of PSP love, but no Vita

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Zlejedi said:
Zim said:

Ciel no surge might do okay however the companies other similar games have only ever done a few hundred thousand at best and that has been on systems with big install bases. It should end up over 100k, but I don't think it's going to give hardware that much of a boost.

Love Plus is very front loaded however at the same time the game should reach over 200k. The first game and it's updated version hit 260k and 230k. This one will do similar figures as it's just the type of fanbase.

Harvest moon opened strong. Vgchartz was saying how until kingdom hearts there were no real titles for the 3DS but that was way out. Going to be a steady stream of games hitting 100k in a couple of weeks of launch.

Ciel at most will reach Ragnarok/Tales/GD sales region imho so the efect if any on hardware will be minimal.

Love Plus is not going to reach 200k.  Not with this kind of drop in second week.

Given the same situation, with an updated version, it most likely will. If an updated version comes along. 

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
JGarret said:
Poor Vita sales.Unlike the home console market, Japan is still very, very important and relevant for dedicated gaming handhelds, so it needs those Japanese sales.

Are you sure that this is still the case? Western Developers have become big business. Also if the Vita is strong in the West I doubt that it selling slowly in Japan will matter much.

I´m not sure, Ryan, but the impression I have is Western devs, as a whole, would love to see smartphones/tablets destroying the dedicated gaming handheld market.

sales2099 said:
lots of PSP love, but no Vita

But all these PSP-Games are from Bandai Namco.

Will Bandai Namco will switch to 3DS like all the other publisher?

Wow great sales for 3DS and HM. RE:R getting love from Japan!
The big three doing its job.

Wii is a product of Nontendo, the competence...

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Zlejedi said:
Zim said:

Ciel no surge might do okay however the companies other similar games have only ever done a few hundred thousand at best and that has been on systems with big install bases. It should end up over 100k, but I don't think it's going to give hardware that much of a boost.

Love Plus is very front loaded however at the same time the game should reach over 200k. The first game and it's updated version hit 260k and 230k. This one will do similar figures as it's just the type of fanbase.

Harvest moon opened strong. Vgchartz was saying how until kingdom hearts there were no real titles for the 3DS but that was way out. Going to be a steady stream of games hitting 100k in a couple of weeks of launch.

Ciel at most will reach Ragnarok/Tales/GD sales region imho so the efect if any on hardware will be minimal.

Love Plus is not going to reach 200k.  Not with this kind of drop in second week.

Yea agree that Ciel will probably do reasonable sales as itself for a game. But like I said in my original post and you also said it really isn't going to do much of anything for hardware. The biggest difference between the 3ds and Vita at the moment is that games of that size on the 3ds keep hardware from declining which is all it needs for good sales. Whereas on the vita they may keep hardware from falling but it really needs a HUGE boost to get even reasonable sales.

New Love Plus will 99% for sure hit 200k. Love Plus + which was simply a re-release of the first game with some minor additions had a first week of 97k and second week of 22k and went on to hit 230k. Only 30k less than the original release despite coming less than a year after and only being a minor upgrade. The Love Plus fanbase are very dedicated. I know it is a bigger drop for this version but that is simply because it also requires upgrading hardware too. The game will have legs and make its way to 200k. The only thing that could stop it will be if the updated version gets released before this version reaches 200k. However I imagine they will wait till this version's legs totally drop off before announcing/releasing the improved version.

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.

3DS dominating while PSP is still so strong, especially software, same for Ps3

great Harvest Moon seems 3rd parties got it right on 3DS for Japan, too bad the west does not really care

awesome RE:R legs, same for MK7, SM3DL and MH

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^