By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Can’t Produce Enough PS2s and PSPs to Meet Demand

I'd love to know just how much the PS2 does actually sell Worldwide, per Week.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
I'd love to know just how much the PS2 does actually sell Worldwide, per Week.

This

You know what is funny, Slim PS2 is #56 best selling videogame item this year on US amazon, http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2012/videogames/ref=zg_bsar_cal_ye#3

yeah, I know that represents very few units, but just the fact that it is ahead of Skyrim on the PS3 or just 4 places after U3 is just crazy to me.

I doubt PS2 and PSP are sometime back order. Anyone have insiders information?

I wonder when they will discontinue them.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

They should change the name "PS2" to "PS3 backwards compatibility accessory"

Sales will explode overnight :P

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

So, is this supposed to be good or bad news?

On CAG theres a large thread of Gamestops marking new PS2s are used. The PS2s collect dust at my Wal-Mart.

US wise I am going to call BS on the PS2 demand, considering Gamestop is pretty damn big and so is Wal-Mart.

PSP I am going to agree with. We have a hard time keeping PSPs in stock. I honestly think the PSP could have another good year or so in it, but that's just me.

Other countries? I have no idea.

It's just that simple.

I have seen some people buying psp recently during vita launch due to 100 euro price tag and ultra cheap 10-20 euro games.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

It makes sense -- i believe SONY is still selling ~4million PS2's a year, most of those are in poorer countries or countries with insane taxes on consoles, as such last-generation systems sell well.

I've been thinking about buying a slim PS2, so that makes some sense. But PSP...their plant can't manufacture more than 10 units a week?

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"