By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Can’t Produce Enough PS2s and PSPs to Meet Demand

Considering PSP's success in Japan and how few PS2's they must be producing, I guess it makes sense. They have 2 portables and 2 consoles in the market, if PS4 is actually that close to releasing I can see more production issues on the way.

Around the Network

i was thinking about buying a PS2 but i wanted a new one, so looked and a new one is £129... no

ethomaz said:
PS3 will never dead.

Looks away in embaressement/

Might as well just get hold of a cheapy one off ebay (fat version) and do the 007 Nightfire softmod, get hold of a PS2 network adaptor, 200GB+ IDE hard drive and have some fun.

The softmod installs a bootloader to your PS2 memory card that works as a mod chip basically, is extremely easy to do and allows you to backup all your legally owned games and play straight off the hard drive with virtually no loading times.

Bloody noisy those early PS2s though.

Currently getting stuck into my old copy of Star Ocean 3, shame it's not quite as good as I remembered but still fun.

NintendoPie said:
People are still buying the PS2? Japan has to be the best market for HandHelds and H-Systems; they let a console die when it should... except they are still kind of buying the PS2...
All the attention needs to be put on the new consoles, Sony should dis-continue the PSP Go and their 2000 series (if they're still making that one.) And then they need to dis-continue the 3000 before Holiday of next year.

The same could be said for nintendo. They are releasing a new pokemon for the ds for god sake. 

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
People are still buying the PS2? Japan has to be the best market for HandHelds and H-Systems; they let a console die when it should... except they are still kind of buying the PS2...
All the attention needs to be put on the new consoles, Sony should dis-continue the PSP Go and their 2000 series (if they're still making that one.) And then they need to dis-continue the 3000 before Holiday of next year.

So, because it doesn't measure up to your personal tastes, you'd rather these people have nothing?...  Not everyone can buy a PS3.

well when a console can't live that long you have to buy a new one so that you can play the old games you have and they are cheap so people will still buy them (PS2)

so thats one reason. the other is that new generations can play pirated games on it. people buy whats cheap and the PS2 is plus it has lots of great games as well

as for the PSP well you can play lots of games for free

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

They can't even make 1 psp? Sony sucks.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

So Sony cannot produce enough supply to met demand or Sony are not producing enough supply to meet demand. I have no doubt they intend to continue to manufacture these items for some considerable time to come and the fact they are making any PS2 for retail and not just service is admirable but saying cannot produce enough I think is probably a little tongue and cheek.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.

last time i played ps2 was for god of war 2 in 2007 i think.