By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Can’t Produce Enough PS2s and PSPs to Meet Demand

Well thanks to Sony taking away BC in their PS3, people need to go and get PS2 when their old ones break down. Thats exactly what happened to me when my 80gb phat bit the dust 2 years ago. I had to go and buy another PS3 and a PS2 as well. Great way for Sony to make money.

All part of the plan I guess. And people come on here and say "Sony supports consoles so well" ya right! It's all about the bling bling

Gaming Away Life Since 1985

Around the Network

pure Profit

Gives them an incentive to discontinue the PS2, since it lacks in much of a purpose today.

Rainbow Yoshi said:
Gives them an incentive to discontinue the PS2, since it lacks in much of a purpose today.

only a lot of profit......

Rainbow Yoshi said:

Yeah all those guys buying ps2 for like 100$ will immediatly jump to ps3 for twice the money ;)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

Where the hell are they buying NEW PS2s? I haven't seen one in a retailer in a REALLY long time.

Zlejedi said:
Rainbow Yoshi said:

Yeah all those guys buying ps2 for like 100$ will immediatly jump to ps3 for twice the money ;)

Agreed, quite unusual for people to still buy it when there is a perfectly good console from the successing generation on sale. The only reason I can find is that people want to play there old PS2 games and have no longer got the console anymore.

I'm gonna buy a slim at some point. I was thinking about getting it when the discontinuation was called, but that may be some time. That'll be the last sales boost, they should advertise the discontinuation honestly. It would be like a semi price cut effect. Nostalgia for the best ever.

and VGC didnt even tracked or showed us the PS2 HW sales...shame on you for offending the king of legs & home consoles like that -.-