By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PSVita Sold 1.1 (more like ~950k) million Week 1 - Show Your Feelings...

Tagged games:

You feel...

AWESOME SALES 87 24.30%

GREAT SALES 160 44.69%

MEH SALES 91 25.42%

WTF SALES 18 5.03%

Total:356

It wouldn't be a Vita thread without pokemonbrawl trolling as usual!

Around the Network

@TrevDaRev I haven't said anything in this thread and don't plan on it. I've grown quite tried of the system now, it's just not worth the effort anymore.

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

Pokemonbrawlvg said:
@TrevDaRev I haven't said anything in this thread and don't plan on it. I've grown quite tried of the system now, it's just not worth the effort anymore.

Well why don't you say something then?

And how exactly have you grown tired of it, have you got a problem with it or something?

@archbrix
14+ million lead

Euphoria14 said:
Lanceuppercut said:
Weak North American numbers for FEB+week 1.

Much better Euro numbers than I expected.

It launched lower than 3DS worldwide though. If it can't match what the 3DS was doing at $250 I doubt it's going to have any sort of legs. I expect a fairly rapid decline in NA/PAL sales much like what we saw in Japan.

I don't understand this logic. You really expect a successor to a handheld that sold 21M in the US to open the same as a handheld that sold 55M in the US, not to mention expect a 21M handheld in EU to sell the same as a handheld that sold 51M in EU. Also do not forget you are expecting a handheld that sold 19M in Japan to sell the same as a handheld that sold 33M.

You expected the same opening for a 73M handheld successor to that of a 151M handheld's successor.

The fact that they are even close at opening week  says a lot.

We have the Winner comment here! XD

Vita did good for a first week aligned and even with all the negative campaigne .. now is just to see if the Software support to this and people´s Word to mouth make some magic and keep up the momentum...

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
Train wreck said:

Sony: "the vita had a pretty good opening, considering the 3DS put a glaring mark on portable consoles at $250 last year"

Nintendo: The Pita didn't even break 2 million first week, it failed,DOA, flopped, make a thread "the PSV only sold 1.1 million, we need to talk about it, blue ocean strategy for the win!"

Microsoft: hey guys.

Well 3DS sold 1.24 million in first week... threre are margin for PSV outsell it after possible adjustments.

Get real.

DemoniOtaku said:
Euphoria14 said:
Lanceuppercut said:
Weak North American numbers for FEB+week 1.

Much better Euro numbers than I expected.

It launched lower than 3DS worldwide though. If it can't match what the 3DS was doing at $250 I doubt it's going to have any sort of legs. I expect a fairly rapid decline in NA/PAL sales much like what we saw in Japan.

I don't understand this logic. You really expect a successor to a handheld that sold 21M in the US to open the same as a handheld that sold 55M in the US, not to mention expect a 21M handheld in EU to sell the same as a handheld that sold 51M in EU. Also do not forget you are expecting a handheld that sold 19M in Japan to sell the same as a handheld that sold 33M.

You expected the same opening for a 73M handheld successor to that of a 151M handheld's successor.

The fact that they are even close at opening week  says a lot.

We have the Winner comment here! XD

Vita did good for a first week aligned and even with all the negative campaigne .. now is just to see if the Software support to this and people´s Word to mouth make some magic and keep up the momentum...

Euphoria's just cherry picking an argument line. Handhelds don't follow the same loyalty trends as consoles. I'm sure you know that Euphoria. Previous sales means little to deciding the success of an opening weekfuture of a console.

Same crap every time, people are too lenient or too soft too support their argument. Let's take a new IP game..."Oh it's a new IP of course it isn't going to sell well". Then we can take an old IP rehash and people will say "of course it didn't sell well, it's an old IP that has run it's course".

Both sound good, both are bullshit.

Point is this, there is NO direct evidence to suggest that previous loyality will have any overbaring dictation on sales numbers, and vice versa. Sure those simple arguments people use to support their bias do fit with the idea but at the end of the day it can all be attributed to actual evidence in other areas. I'm not saying it isn't a contributing factor, of course it is. But it's not the be all and end all.

Would you like to counter my little sound bite...

"Considering the awareness of the Playstation brand, I'm surprised a new console of that brand could sell so little in the first week, even beaten the the 3DS, everyone knows the 3DS is just a more powerful DS with 3D gimmick, the Vita is a powerhouse in graphics available for the same price as 3DS at launch"

See, it's easy to talk shit.

Hmm it actually did better than I thought. I think its a great little piece of hardware but I was not expecting much from it sales wise with all the doom threads.

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

theprof00 said:
@archbrix
14+ million lead

No, it's 15+ million...

Numbers for Feb 12th-18th:

Vita - 709,914  (this includes the 69,359 from week zero of US launch)

3DS - 16,323,968

Numbers for next week that we know, Feb 19th-25th; add the remaining 230,641 for US and the 380k for EU for Vita:

Vita - 1,320,555 (minus Japan, which will be less than 20k)

3DS - 16,323,968 (minus all sales for the week, which will be at least 200k)

brendude13 said:
Pokemonbrawlvg said:

Well why don't you say something then?

And how exactly have you grown tired of it, have you got a problem with it or something?

I guess he grown tired of going at wal-mart everyday to photograph the Vitas sitting on shelves.