By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PSVita Sold 1.1 (more like ~950k) million Week 1 - Show Your Feelings...

Tagged games:

You feel...

AWESOME SALES 87 24.30%

GREAT SALES 160 44.69%

MEH SALES 91 25.42%

WTF SALES 18 5.03%

Total:356

How is Pokeman brawl not banned?  In this thread he said Vita is a flop his first post. The he said 3DS had a great launch. Funny 3ds barely sold more the vita, so how does 100,000 mean great launch for 3ds and flop for vita, especially considering vita you had to buy mem cards. He obviously has an agenda/.

Around the Network
fillet said:

Euphoria's just cherry picking an argument line. Handhelds don't follow the same loyalty trends as consoles. I'm sure you know that Euphoria. Previous sales means little to deciding the success of an opening weekfuture of a console.

Same crap every time, people are too lenient or too soft too support their argument. Let's take a new IP game..."Oh it's a new IP of course it isn't going to sell well". Then we can take an old IP rehash and people will say "of course it didn't sell well, it's an old IP that has run it's course".

Both sound good, both are bullshit.

Point is this, there is NO direct evidence to suggest that previous loyality will have any overbaring dictation on sales numbers, and vice versa. Sure those simple arguments people use to support their bias do fit with the idea but at the end of the day it can all be attributed to actual evidence in other areas. I'm not saying it isn't a contributing factor, of course it is. But it's not the be all and end all.

Would you like to counter my little sound bite...

"Considering the awareness of the Playstation brand, I'm surprised a new console of that brand could sell so little in the first week, even beaten the the 3DS, everyone knows the 3DS is just a more powerful DS with 3D gimmick, the Vita is a powerhouse in graphics available for the same price as 3DS at launch"

See, it's easy to talk shit.

But there's nothing that proof it wrong... This is just guessing in the end.. Just anyone can argue what fit him best... because it depends on anyone owns pperspective of the world...

for me vita have a great opening after the negative campaigne against the console and SONY (specifically SONy) for any reason that could have have.. and Euphoria's argument someone proof it rigth when say: "If it what euphoria was true PS3 have could sell better" Well.. PS3 sold well at the opening in Europe.. so its true.. but later get worng.. PSP opened well but later get cold sells on western market... Vita even with the negative precedent of PSP's cold sells after its release.. I THINK it have sold WELL...

3DS precendet was altered thanks others reasons.. like the price perception and lack of First level software... something that don´t happen on vita so much (MC are perceive expesive but i don´t think the system is it).... Remember the vita was DOOMED! but that doomed console is selling.. not so much as 3Ds but is selling.. I just hope it keep so WE ALL can play some great Software in it...

And is talking shit.. is just talking what You think... know the difference...

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

@leper-apostle Correction, I was replying to a post as my first post and that other statement was in another thread.

You guys are not tempting me. I'm just tired of it and I'm moving on. You should do the same. And please, don't reply.

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

TT Makaveli said:

these are definatly not doomed sales...did pretty good considering the price!

man i hope Sony in America  will not become like Microsoft in Japan...

Why would they? Playstation is really popular in the US.
Xbox was never popular in Japan.

Icyedge said:
brendude13 said:
Pokemonbrawlvg said:
@TrevDaRev I haven't said anything in this thread and don't plan on it. I've grown quite tried of the system now, it's just not worth the effort anymore.

Well why don't you say something then?

And how exactly have you grown tired of it, have you got a problem with it or something?

I guess he grown tired of going at wal-mart everyday to photograph the Vitas sitting on shelves.

Did he really do that?

He had a shitty attitude from the beginning, threatening to troll the Vita (I think) and then saying he wouldn't because he was told not to, he was completely unprovoked too. Tsst, some people.

Around the Network
Lanceuppercut said:
Euphoria14 said:
Lanceuppercut said:
Weak North American numbers for FEB+week 1.

Much better Euro numbers than I expected.

It launched lower than 3DS worldwide though. If it can't match what the 3DS was doing at $250 I doubt it's going to have any sort of legs. I expect a fairly rapid decline in NA/PAL sales much like what we saw in Japan.

I don't understand this logic. You really expect a successor to a handheld that sold 21M in the US to open the same as a handheld that sold 55M in the US, not to mention expect a 21M handheld in EU to sell the same as a handheld that sold 51M in EU. Also do not forget you are expecting a handheld that sold 19M in Japan to sell the same as a handheld that sold 33M.

You expected the same opening for a 73M handheld successor to that of a 151M handheld's successor.

The fact that they are even close at opening week  says a lot.

That's completely nonsensical. You can't just cite last generation totals and expect them to translate. Just ask Sony with the PS3, Atari with the 5200, Nintendo with the Gamecube (and 3DS for that matter), or SEGA with the Saturn.

Vita had the worst opening between the PSP, DS, 3DS, and Vita. Opening worse than the 3DS is a bad sign because the 3DS was being sold at a profit but still needed an 80 dollar price drop plus a flood of big titles from September onward (Star Fox, Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 3D Land, Sonic Generations, Pokemon Rumble Blast, Monster Hunter 3G, Resident Evil Revelations) to survive.

Sony is, by most accounts, selling the Vita at a loss or at best breaking even. Further, the Vita's announced lineup has nothing that will push hardware remotely as well as Mario Kart, Monster Hunter, or Mario 3D. 3DS launch was considered a failure and Sony has fallen short of that.

If you don't think Vita is headed for Price Drop Central you've got another thing coming. And no, this is not me being a doomsayer. This is me giving a reasonable assessment of the situation based on common sense and facts.

3DS launch wasn't considered a failure, the months after were.
The truth is that Nintendo consoles can't sell at a premium. It's  no secret that the 3DS is marketed towards kids. It's a double-edged sword for them.

Pretty good!

Better than I thought in Europe. Having FIFA for launch was a wise move. FIFA's one of the best games on the go.

Worse than I thought in America, but ok.

Now hopefully it will have better legs than the 3DS had.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

markers said:
Anything above 1 million is great!

Lets be honest, handhelds are dying. Unless its your phone too. So for a dedicated portable gaming system, albiet it does do other things as well, this is wonderful. If it stays above 500k til the the November/December/January holidays then a $50-$100 price cut gives it a huge boost. Most likely the $50

3DS reached 15million sales in record time. Dedicated Gaming Handhelds are far from dead.

The Vita is seen as a premium product so that's why I don't think Sony will cut the price any time soon. If they do people who bought at launch will feel ripped off.

spurgeonryan said:
I guess I am kind of worried that even though America and Europe have more people it still sold less in North America than Japan's first week, and Europe barely pushed out more. As long as it can keep itself from dropping off next week then I have high hopes for it. But we are pretty much back to where we were first week japan. Nobody really wanted to say too much until the second week numbers were in. Once we see its staying power then it will be a better picture I think. Lots of great games for people to choose from so hopefully next week it can keep it up.

It needs shooters. Call of Duty to be specific.

brendude13 said:
Icyedge said:
brendude13 said:
Pokemonbrawlvg said:
@TrevDaRev I haven't said anything in this thread and don't plan on it. I've grown quite tried of the system now, it's just not worth the effort anymore.

Well why don't you say something then?

And how exactly have you grown tired of it, have you got a problem with it or something?

I guess he grown tired of going at wal-mart everyday to photograph the Vitas sitting on shelves.

Did he really do that?

He had a shitty attitude from the beginning, threatening to troll the Vita (I think) and then saying he wouldn't because he was told not to, he was completely unprovoked too. Tsst, some people.

Yeah 4 days in a row he was at wal-mart to take pic of the Vita's with his 3DS LOL. No wonder hes tired now. But anyway, its more funny then anything else. Its his problem to not get everything the gaming market has to offer.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=140486&page=2