By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Tagged games:

I´ve bought L.A Noire spontaneously and I still regret it

Around the Network

I've got a few impulse buy games:

PS3 - Went to buy a tv, walked past the aisle, thought "eh, why not", chucked it in the kart, went outside, and noticed I was suddenly broke.

Wii - Impulse buy

God of War 3 (PS3) - Impulse buy, but never regretted it, I love it.

Condemned 2 (X360)- Impulse buy, worst game ever.

Ghostbusters (X360) - Impulse buy, don't play it a lot, but don't regret it.

Viva Pinata (X360) - Impulse buy, fun game, don't regret it.

Fable 2 (X360) - Impulse buy, regret it a bit.

Bully Scholarship Edition (X360) - Impulse buy, I'm divided on this game...

FC Instincts Predator (X360) - Impulse buy, regret it.

Got another PS3 game I'm forgetting about which I also regret buying.

That's about it this gen I think.

Child of Eden, regretted it.

Probably about 50% of my collection if that gives you an idea of my impulse buying habits. Thankfully, I have calmed down recently.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

RolStoppable said:
Onechanbara: Bikini Zombie Slayers for Wii. It is fantastic, I can't recommend it often enough.

I've thought about buying that game and have heard that it actually is enjoyable by more than one person. 

Not sure if you're serious though...

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network
goldeneye0074eva2222 said:

im going to buy the mgs 3d i hated the collection i feel i wasted 31 and change for that i didnt like the 2nd one to much on ps2 did not change cameras for 360 , and the other 2 -nes ones meh they used nes emulators for them and as a result how choppy the audio and have not tried peace walker the only one i like is 3 ,

so far ,
i think though selling games is a rip off in itself to gamestop , they tried to pull a fast one on me by offering me only $25.00 dollars for a in box ps2 from 2003-it was 2004 when i traded it (only 1 yr old)
hardly used to ,

i told them literally go fuck your self stick your twenty dollars up your behind because - i sold my snes in 2005 got 70 bucks! from a flea market! so there is no way a ps2 is worth way less lol as for impulse buys , psvita is at the top right now , until some games come out then ill feel the need to delist it because after playing asphalt injection and modnation racers  man bored bored bored to heck with it ,    

not many good games that i cant get elsewhere -which was the main problem with psp before ,  i should have  saw this coming , but i followed hype  , and was dis appointed . not by the hardware but by the games line up 

Not trying to be offensive here but asphalt injection and modnation racers are probably one of the worst games of the lineup.

If you like racers you should have bought wipeout 2048 or motorstorm: rc.

Also there is Uncharted, Rayman: Origins and so on which are very good games.

Fedor Emelianenko - Greatest Fighter and most humble man to ever walk the earth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVVrNOQtlzY

RolStoppable said:
amp316 said:
RolStoppable said:
Onechanbara: Bikini Zombie Slayers for Wii. It is fantastic, I can't recommend it often enough.

I've thought about buying that game and have heard that it actually is enjoyable by more than one person. 

Not sure if you're serious though...

I am serious. This game has about the same production values as other Wii third party games, but its publisher actually priced it accordingly at €30 right from the start. I got it for €5, so by now you should be able to get it for a similar price in the states as well.

The game might seem like a wagglefest at first, but once you've worked up your way to Violent difficulty, the entire thing changes. Not knowing how to play the game suddenly gets brutally punished, because the enemy count multiplies as well as all their health.

The game is really short (first playthrough won't take longer than two hours, subsequent ones less than one) and it's always the same, but the trash factor makes up for it. This is one of those games that are so bad that they are actually good, if you know what I mean. There's even a review by Classic Game Room:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ABBbKUGyKY

Violent Mode, to give you a taste of what awaits you (awesome music):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iF_oV_t2GU

I like what I see.  It's trashy in a good way.  How does the game control?

Well yes a few times....

Wii Music (I know, I Know, it was cheap!!!!)

Super Paper Mario and I was WOW (I know, i know again it is just me to like this game)

Pikmin New Play Control (and I was amazed)

So i guess imulse buying is working for me....

Switch!!!

Steam and GOG sales used to get me all the time... until I realized the huge amount of games I have that I'll never play, ever!

I think if I see a Vita someday I'll be tempted as hell, but I'll be strong to wait a little longer.

Two weeks ago I entered the official Nintendo Store, just to ask if they are going to bring Xenoblade to my country and left with 3 games.

Castlevania Judgement, Naruto Clash of Ninja revolution 3 and Lost in Shadows, each at 10 dollars, all for Wii and all new. That price is impossible to achieve even importing the games myself.