By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Resident Evil success to spillover into Smash Bros?

If he's in I doubt its as a playable character, Im thinking he'll be an assist trophy, at the most.

I've been wrong before though. If he is a character, I hope his final smash has something to do with a Chainsaw Ganado... it has a about .000000000000000000001% chance, but who here wouldn't want to see Mario or Sonic's heads chopped off the way Leon gets his off in RE4? Sometimes I would let myself die just to see that kill.

Around the Network

we could just ask Paul ?
and yeah this been on the imdb site for about 2 weeks now.

IMDB usually has some truth behind these claims, they don't blindly post things. I would like to see what info they had to back this up, it's more likely that they used him in a cutscene or something. Nintendo wouldn't let it slip this easily if he was a character.

Anyway I'm not making a decision yet

highwaystar101 said:
IMDB usually has some truth behind these claims, they don't blindly post things. I would like to see what info they had to back this up, it's more likely that they used him in a cutscene or something. Nintendo wouldn't let it slip this easily if he was a character.

Yes, there is lots of truth in IMDB.  That's why 50 Cent used to be listed as the voice actor for Epona, Richard Simmons for Tingle, and  Reggie for an invented character named "The Man."  http://kotaku.com/gaming/the-legend-of-zelda%7C-twilight-princess/50-cent-fils+aime-voicing-for-zelda-game-117715.php

There is no reason to ever consider IMDB a valid source for anything.  It's far worse than Wikipedia.

DMeisterJ said:
@ Norleand

That is a laser gun, not a real gun that shoots real people.

Of course not, this is a video game. Leon doesn't have a real gun either, he has a 3d model of a gun that has been given coding to make it simulate firing bullets which are projected into other 3d modeled characters upon which they are coded to simulate the effect of taking damage.

On another note, winged unicorns, also known as pegacorns aren't REAL mythological creatures.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Around the Network

I imagine they will drop a bomb just before launch, maybe not anything to do with RE though.

Wii made me an RE fan, never played one until RE4: Wii Edition.

@ Grey Acumen

lol. You know what I mean though. I was just saying that RE is a much more mature game than Starfox. And leon focuses close to 100% on shooting a gun or some variation thereof. I just wanted to see what they would do with that, as i would not think that they would have some one shooting a gun 100% of the time on the game, but it's already been proven that someone just put that there to stir the pot.

yeah, i just always love that analogy. Lets face it though, if you can have Snake, there's sure that it's possible to add Leon. i just don't think they will

though it would be interesting to see Leon vs 500 redeads from Zelda.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

@ Art

Really? Wow, you've been missing out.

highwaystar101 said:

@ naznatips

I said some truth... some. IMDB usually have a reason for doing something, sometimes it can be an oversight and sometimes it can be a rumour, but usually there is some logical thought before something is posted... unlike wikipedia. All I'm saying is, there is some credit to this claim, but lets wait and see.