By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Resident Evil success to spillover into Smash Bros?

A lot of games draw from the same pool of voice actors. Look at Mass Effect's cast, and you'd be suprised how many names come from movies, television, and other big budget video games. Even Charles (Super Mario) Martinet has appeared in other games. The appearance of a voice actor proves nothing. Still, I'd love to pit Leon against Snake in a fighting game!

Around the Network

Hmmm interesting, seeing how successful RE4 in Wii, I will not be very suprised that Leon is in Brawl. However, I think its most probably a mistake in IMDB. Good find.

@d21lewis

I realize that these voice actors have work in all sorts of places, what threw me off was the inclusion of the character name, not the actors name.

I can't imagine the inclusion of Leon would make or break the game for some consumers, why not cast him as a hidden character. His inclusion is nothing but free marketing for Capcom, and in all likeliness they probably are compensated, so an ad that makes money, why not?

To be honest, I haven't clicked on the link, yet. I'm lazy like that. There may be something to your speculation. I'll give it a look!

leon would be awesome

Around the Network

@breadie

I don't know about you, but I find IMDb to be a much more credible source of information than say wikipedia or someone's blog. IMDb wouldn't post Emma Watson as an actress in the last two Harry Potter movies until news broke that she did sign up to portray her character. I remember checking and only seeing Rupert and Daniel billed.

--OkeyDokey-- said:
DMeisterJ said:
@ Soriku

Well, he does use a gun, but he also has CQC and all of his gadgets. All leon does is shoot.

and suplex/rounhouse kick!

Yeah, his roundhouse kick was awesome, and the suplex made peoples heads come off, so cool.  I think I'm going to replay RE4 just for that reason.

I'm back. I think that, in this instance, the reporter has confirmed a voice actor, and when they are unable to give the name of the character that will be voiced in Smash Bros., they supplied one of the actors well known previous roles. I'm just guessing, though. I hope I'm wrong. Like I said- Leon vs. Snake= dream match.

DMeisterJ said:
@ Norleand

That is a laser gun, not a real gun that shoots real people.

Have you seen Snakes Final Smash? he uses a grenade launcher... oh no miyamoto is going to take it out and smashbros will be just kirby, pikachu and mario.

Get real, if leon is coming he will be in smashbros, enough with snake appearing to show that mature characters will appear. Anyways Leon shoots zombies not "Real people"

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

IMDB is very inaccurate with things like this. Anybody can edit it, and they aren't as many people as in Wikipedia to watch out for bullshit.