By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - 2018 Major League Baseball!!!!~ You have what it takes? Cubs lose, Rockies move on in a game that went on till after midnight

Who will be World Series Champions?

Yankees 6 18.18%

Cubs 5 15.15%

Houston 8 24.24%

Rockies 0 0%

Boston 2 6.06%

Washington 0 0%

Dodgers 9 27.27%

Indians 2 6.06%

Arizona 0 0%

Twins 1 3.03%

Total:33
Metallicube said:
amp316 said:
Today is the beginning of the Cub's quest for the World Series.

They and the Nationals meet while both being undefeated. Something's got to give.

Heh, don't expect much.. This year is pretty much a throwaway as far as I'm concerned. I don't think I've ever been more certain about a team having a bad season than the 2012 Cubs. I mean just look at the lineup, absoltely brutal.. Litterally the only bright spots on the team that I see right now are Castro and Garza. I'm not just basing this cynicism on the first two games either. I knew this team was screwed before they even stepped on the field.

While I will say the future looks bright, it is a VERY distant future. I got us down for contending again in 2014 at the very earliest, as Theo has a hell of a mess to clean up left by the incompetent Jim Hendry.

How about that 2nd game?  It was exactly like the first one but worse.  Relief pitching pisses all over a well pitched game.  It's like Groundhog's Day.  Actually, being a Cubs fan is like Groundhog Day.  Youi blink and it's another decade down the toilet without you realizing it. 

The plan now is to suck for two years and to spend big in 2014.  Be patient.  It's not like they haven't won the World Series in over 100 years or anything.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

Aren't Blue Jays top of AL East?

Rainbow Yoshi said:
Aren't Blue Jays top of AL East?

not any more ... lost a few minutes ago ...

But Baltimore 1st in AL East oO

maybe joined by Tempa Bay if they win again the Yankees

Metallicube said:
amp316 said:
Today is the beginning of the Cub's quest for the World Series.

They and the Nationals meet while both being undefeated. Something's got to give.

Heh, don't expect much.. This year is pretty much a throwaway as far as I'm concerned. I don't think I've ever been more certain about a team having a bad season than the 2012 Cubs. I mean just look at the lineup, absoltely brutal.. Litterally the only bright spots on the team that I see right now are Castro and Garza. I'm not just basing this cynicism on the first two games either. I knew this team was screwed before they even stepped on the field.

While I will say the future looks bright, it is a VERY distant future. I got us down for contending again in 2014 at the very earliest, as Theo has a hell of a mess to clean up left by the incompetent Jim Hendry.

I read an article today that painted a bleak picture for the Cubs future too.  Theo will have a more difficult time signing drafted players under new MLB rules.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/chicago-cubs-problems-grow-worse-with-change-in-mlb-draft-rules-040912

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

I'm confident in Theo's abilities to turn the team around, new rules be damned. Although the new rules are pretty amusing: I'd be a bigger fan if I thought they were introduced for the sake of parity, and not just to placate the Comish's ego.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Watched the sox game today! Lol, too bad there are no other humans in Illinois that did as well. Being a White Sod fan is lonely....

All the sox fans in existence must reside where I live then.. I'm surrounded by them.

Now being a Marlins fan, THAT is loneliness!

I can't wait for Ozzie Guillen's press conference. That's going to be pure gold!

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Yeah, that is not the way the Marlins wanted to start the season.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

spurgeonryan said:
amp316 said:
I can't wait for Ozzie Guillen's press conference. That's going to be pure gold!

I missed the press conference, but now he is suspended. I was wondering what the hell they were talking about on Baseball tonight last night. I only caught a few minutes of it before I switched to an episode of AX Men that I had missed.

Wow!

Your hero Joey Cora is taking over for the games that he will miss.

theRepublic said:
Yeah, that is not the way the Marlins wanted to start the season.

But at least he picked the perfect city to do that in.