By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - So Vita just launched

RolStoppable said:
leatherhat said:
RolStoppable said:

Sorry, Marcus, but I am not going to buy a PSP. Especially not with the Vita being launched today.

If you buy a psp Ill throw in a free lifetime supply of ps vita games. 

This would be a good deal, if Sony had the foresight to include forwards compatibility in the PSP.

It was dummied out in a firmware update

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Around the Network
leatherhat said:
Barozi said:
Hyruken said:
Got mine in HMV at 12pm and was told I was the 8th person to buy it today instore.

Also those pictures above actually come from the oxford street (London) Game main store midnight launch and according to Eurogamer who covered it there was about 100 customers total.

So the image some of you trying to portray of it flying off the shelves or queues etc doesn't seem right. Well at least not here in London which is the most populated city in Europe. But we will see soon enough as Track normally announce how well something like this sold in around 48hrs. 3Ds launched at 140k in UK so will be interesting to see how Vita has done in comparison to that.

I think Moscow wouldn't agree with you there

Moscow is in Asia, technically 

If you want to get even more technical Moscow is in Eastern Europe.

irstupid said:
pezus said:

I saw long lines in pictures posted on Gaf and also this:

Is Samus becoming a race car driver or whats with her suit

who cares? just enjoy it!

SW-5120-1900-6153

No, but I did start up a pretty swell PSP collection about a month back. Might even get a PSP (as opposed to borrowing a friends) to take advantage of the great games!

Likely won't get a PSV until it's end of life, it's too expensive and a 3DS will tie me over.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Not saying my experience is or isn't representative of any greater trends

but I work at a computer store with a sizeable gaming department (a department which I am basically in charge of) and we sold exactly zero Vita related products today.

No Vita systems, games, or accessories of any kind went out the door. Didn't hear a peep about it from any customer.

Also, we only sold two of the First Edition Bundles all week - one to a customer and one to another employee. Neither were sold on the actual FEB launch day.

So we currently have three First Editions, four 3G models, and five Wifi models. Out of the 14 total systems we received, only two were sold.

Just for comparison, I believe we sold five 3DS systems plus the one I bought myself on launch day. I believe we sold all five of the black units we got but only one of the five blues.

---------------
The Board is the best site on the Internet.

Around the Network
Argh_College said:
Panama said:
Vita is expected to bomb hard in Australia, so hopefully we get our first decent bundle come this weekend. Not a single retailer had a bundle worth giving a f*** about and you were better off importing. Went to several stores throughout these last few days to check out deals and barely anyone preordered the thing, unsurprisingly when it's selling at $350AUD. Our retailers really need to wake up.

Actually Vita sold out in AUS.

Uncertain if this is true.

Was just at the shop and they had plenty.

Maybe by 'sold out' you mean certain shops didn't bother ordering many units so had none to sell.

Argh_College said:
Panama said:
Vita is expected to bomb hard in Australia, so hopefully we get our first decent bundle come this weekend. Not a single retailer had a bundle worth giving a f*** about and you were better off importing. Went to several stores throughout these last few days to check out deals and barely anyone preordered the thing, unsurprisingly when it's selling at $350AUD. Our retailers really need to wake up.

Actually Vita sold out in AUS.

The Wi-fi model sold out at GAME because they were offering Ridge Racer for free. I don't know which Australia you're living in where it sold out but DSE, Harvey Norman Norman and EB Games still have it very much so in stock. And a lot of it.

So the Vita sales are as low as everyone suspected?

Argh_College said:

When will VGC put their sales preview on the website ?

Did anyone went to midnight openings?

Are you really in college? Because you grammar ain't very good.

NintendoPie said:
Jay520 said:

I heard it BOMBED so hard that the United States Department of Homeland Security filled it as a high-level terrorist threat.

LOL! Perfect Jay. XD

OT: I heard no fuss or any talk about it at school. That isn't a very good sign.

According to your profile you're 13 years old. So, middle school?
Not exactly the demographic Sony is targeting with the Vita.