By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo announcements through Swapnote

Pretty cool. And it was one of their goals, sending people info through the system itself. More things like this could be expected from the future and not just system updates.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network

Yeah, thanks to Swapnote.

I rly love swapnote, I love the music and I love Nikky lol. I wish i could use the app more often, i rly do, but when I can simply text my friends with my phone I see no reason to use it. To be honest I think today was the 3rd time ive been using the app. The first time was when I first downloaded it, the second time was for valentines day. So I rly hope nintendo uses it more often, to wish us happy holydays, happy bday and to promote theyr E3 press conference etc...

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Yeah, it really helps when you have plenty of 3DS friends too, so you can send each other pics and such..

Hahah.. I see what you did there..

Around the Network

Did Iwata and Reggie read this post?

sethnintendo said:
EpicLight said:
Hoping for the revealing of the newest Nintendo first-party games(excluding Kid Icarus), as well as possibly some new free downloadable software.

Probably Pokemon.  It has to be pretty damn big.  They wouldn't do this for Luigi's Mansion 2, Animal Crossing, etc...  Pokemon and Mario are actual system sellers.  As much as I love Animal Crossing it would never be that big of a release for a hype message to be sent out through Swapnote.

I doubt they will reveal someting that big through Swapnote. My guess is a 3rd party game. 

Metrium said:
I rly love swapnote, I love the music and I love Nikky lol. I wish i could use the app more often, i rly do, but when I can simply text my friends with my phone I see no reason to use it. To be honest I think today was the 3rd time ive been using the app. The first time was when I first downloaded it, the second time was for valentines day. So I rly hope nintendo uses it more often, to wish us happy holydays, happy bday and to promote theyr E3 press conference etc...

Hey now!!! You better back off!!!  Nikki is mine!!  I might just have to tell her you misspelled her name to make sure I am her favorite. 

Also, sure Swapnote might not be the best way to communicate with actual friends but it is a pretty damn funny way to communicate with the VGC Nintendo community considering I am not friends with any of them in real life.   Also, I like the feature that shows you how they started and finished the drawing (showing you start to finish).  If you pay attention then you can see how other people draw. 

I also enjoy Swapnote a heck of alot. All my VGChartz buddies send me fun stuff on it, It's good that Nintendo uses it to send us personalized messages, I embrace it. BUT, there should be an opt-out option for them.

Nikki was my valentine, but then i heard that she was millions of other peoples valentine too.

that cheating, good for nothing %+*"!