By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo announcements through Swapnote

It would be nice to have some kind of breaking news announced through Swapnote.

Make Niki the host and put her awesome drawing skills to work.

It will make the announcement interesting while promoting Swapnote at the same time.

Around the Network

I have something to unveil... I'm in love with Nicki and she's in love with me. She also sent me a valentine's day card through swapnote *blushes*.

So I'm definitely with you. Nicki should supply us with specific Nintendo information

Great idea.

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

trasharmdsister12 said:
I've gotta be honest. I was pretty stoked to hear Reggie's voice come from my Swapnote inbox this morning. They should definitely use Swapnote more for news and announcements.

I assume you are full of it but I'm going to check my swapnote just to be sure...

trasharmdsister12 said:
sethnintendo said:
trasharmdsister12 said:
I've gotta be honest. I was pretty stoked to hear Reggie's voice come from my Swapnote inbox this morning. They should definitely use Swapnote more for news and announcements.

I assume you are full of it but I'm going to check my swapnote just to be sure...

So? Am I full of it?

I don't know.  I'm actually kind of full of shit myself right now so I need to do a bathroom break.  I suppose I can bring my 3DS in there with me. 

Around the Network

Okay you were right... It sounded like a joke though. I like how he is limited to the 4 or 5 secs of speech too. He could only introduce himself then had to rely on text... PS.. His Swapnote penmanship needs some work. I write way better than him. 

lol read the second word he wrote.  It is supposed to be forward I assume but it looks like torword...

I'm hoping for the some news on the "missing" games and a mention of the WiiU. (Since we haven't heard anything since last month. (They did say they were going to release information as we head towards E3. Though I'm not expecting anything ground breaking maybe what they decided about the name, and maybe some info on games we know about.)

Hoping for the revealing of the newest Nintendo first-party games(excluding Kid Icarus), as well as possibly some new free downloadable software.

EpicLight said:
Hoping for the revealing of the newest Nintendo first-party games(excluding Kid Icarus), as well as possibly some new free downloadable software.

Probably Pokemon.  It has to be pretty damn big.  They wouldn't do this for Luigi's Mansion 2, Animal Crossing, etc...  Pokemon and Mario are actual system sellers.  As much as I love Animal Crossing it would never be that big of a release for a hype message to be sent out through Swapnote.

I think they would at least give the release dates of Luigi's Mansion 2, Paper Maio, AC, and more. They cover quite a bit in the Nintendo Directs; However, most First Parties get recognized through Direct.. like Fire Emblem, which was announced last Direct, I think.

The message was sent out because it's time for Nintendo to release a new Direct.. you know, more information about upcoming games and software. It wasn't some to release a big event, although that may be the case with Pokemon since it's rumored. Also, Swapnote wasn't around at the time of the last Direct, so they couldn't send out the announcment any other way but through the Internet.