By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is Playstation Vita worth buying at launch?

Tagged games:

Is it?

Yes 137 41.90%

No 120 36.70%

We'll have to see 30 9.17%

See results 40 12.23%

Total:327
EpicLight said:
Nope. Not unless I see the chances of a defected Vita with hardware problems as reported.

You mean the spots you see on the screen ONLY when it is off? Good point. Last thing I would want is to see spots when I am playing my Vita while it is turned off.

From what I know the black screen blotting is a common thing with OLEDs and has no effect at all when the screen is on. Even LCDs have this issue.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

If you have the money then do as you wish. But personally, I think you should wait until a price cut comes around or until more games come out. The launch ones look fun, but I'm not sure their going to last for long.

From the games I played on the demo unit at Best Buy(Uncharted: Golden Abyss and Gravity Rush), I didn't really feel controls in the games because of the small buttons. The touch controls were also unresponsive in Uncharted, at least when I wanted to climb things. The sword cutting touch controls are pointless.

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

Wow some people are really weird - Vita is criminally expensive ? If you go shopping for phone you can barely buy single core models with 800x480 display and apart from second hand Samsung galaxy they will be normal LCDs.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Pokemonbrawlvg said:

If you have the money then do as you wish. But personally, I think you should wait until a price cut comes around or until more games come out. The launch ones look fun, but I'm not sure their going to last for long.

From the games I played on the demo unit at Best Buy(Uncharted: Golden Abyss and Gravity Rush), I didn't really feel controls in the games because of the small buttons. The touch controls were also unresponsive in Uncharted, at least when I wanted to climb things. The sword cutting touch controls are pointless.

All you had to was touch and it works fine.

Go the 1:00 mark.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Blacksaber said:
hatmoza said:
Not if any of the games you are looking forward to aren't launch titles. Like in my case.

It depends, and I hate to sound so subtle, on the individual.

Sadly I'm in the same situation, I'm only intrested in Gravity Daze and thats not coming out until late May. There really isn't anything anounced either (thats exclusive) that I want from it, hopefully E3/TGS gives me a reason..

Agreed with you two, namely Blacksaber, because it seems May will be the best time for me to pick it up. Blacksaber it will have to be TGS, because E3 will just be announcement of the next killlzone or little big planet kart like title. 

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
Pokemonbrawlvg said:

All you had to was touch and it works fine.

Go the 1:00 mark.

It works fine there, but the demo wasn't responding well. I tried tapping and sliding, but nothing happened.

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Haters spreading so much garbage... The touch controls in Golden Abyss work perfectly, I just finished the game..... The throwing grenade mechanic worked perfectly and after playing it on Vita I will miss being able to climb using touch controls, so much easier.

ipod touch 250, Vita 250.... Umm vita is hardly expensive. Why does apple seemingly get away with gross high prices but Sony who has a perfectly reasonable price for the tech gets hate? Dont give me that games price garbage either, the game soccer moms play waiting for their kids are in another planet then what vita offers. Golden Abyss was as good as uncharted on ps3.

@Bigspleen It is expensive. 3DS is $170, PS3 is the price, and there are hidden costs,such as the memory cards, that add to the set price. And there's AT&T for the 3G...

Pokemonbrawlvg said:
@Bigspleen It is expensive. 3DS is $170, PS3 is the price, and there are hidden costs,such as the memory cards, that add to the set price. And there's AT&T for the 3G...

Whast 3ds got to do with anything? LMAO the tech in vita is quite a bit more advanvced. The 3ds is not worth as much but a fair amount.  Again, ipod 250, vita 250, vits is reasonably priced for thet tech you get please. 4 Gb card only cost 15 bucks, and is fine for hundreds of saves. Only need a bigger card if your buying digital.

People who say vita is too expensive are ignorant to how advanced the tech is, the screen alone pouts most devices to shame.