By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rayman Origins will be released in Japan after all

Tagged games:

smbu2000 said:

Wow, that sucks. I guess I'm not getting the game then. I wanted the 3DS one I wonder what happened? The 3DS version has already been released overseas, so I don't know what the problem would be?

Sony Moneyhat? ;-p

Nah, Ubisoft doesn't want the game to be that profitable.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network
manuel said:
RolStoppable said:
manuel said:
I'm not sure...
I was so looking forward to that game. If the 3DS was region free there wouldn't be any problem, but as it stands, I won't buy it. :(

What a relief.

Do you hate me, Rayman or UBI?

Rol is of the opinion that platformers that rely on trial and erron obstacle courses, such as Rayman, are compensating for poor design. He compares them negatively to games like Mario/Donkey Kong Country, where the emphasis is on precision platforming and learning how to do a perfect run eventually, and Kirby/Yoshi's Island, which emphasize exploration in a way that's impossible in trial and error obstacle course games.

I haven't played Rayman, so I don't know what to make of this argument.

Suck that it isn't on the 3DS though. Here's hoping this doesn't mean the 3DS version has been canceled. We still need a solid 2D platformer for the system, and Mario won't be here until the holidays at earliest.

Love and tolerate.

special price???? The game has been selling discounted for awhile. It should never have cost 60 bucks in the first place. If you dont get it your missing out IMHO. Its a damn good game. Get it for PS3 if you have too

Salnax said:
manuel said:
RolStoppable said:
manuel said:
I'm not sure...
I was so looking forward to that game. If the 3DS was region free there wouldn't be any problem, but as it stands, I won't buy it. :(

What a relief.

Do you hate me, Rayman or UBI?

Rol is of the opinion that platformers that rely on trial and erron obstacle courses, such as Rayman, are compensating for poor design. He compares them negatively to games like Mario/Donkey Kong Country, where the emphasis is on precision platforming and learning how to do a perfect run eventually, and Kirby/Yoshi's Island, which emphasize exploration in a way that's impossible in trial and error obstacle course games.

I haven't played Rayman, so I don't know what to make of this argument.

Suck that it isn't on the 3DS though. Here's hoping this doesn't mean the 3DS version has been canceled. We still need a solid 2D platformer for the system, and Mario won't be here until the holidays at earliest.

I'm basically of the same opinion. I like my platformers to be precise. Trial and error is not that much my cup of tea.

But I'd still like to try the new Rayman, because it looks great.

First I thought the 3DS version was just delayed in Japan, but it completely vanished from the official homepage and also from the Square-Enix official store. :/

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

oniyide said:
special price???? The game has been selling discounted for awhile. It should never have cost 60 bucks in the first place. If you dont get it your missing out IMHO. Its a damn good game. Get it for PS3 if you have too

The pricing structure is a bit different in Japan, generally higher than in North America.

The normal, expected price for a game like Rayman would be 4800 or even 5800 Yen ($60 or $72 respectively). I'm sure you'll understand why - under these circumstances - 2500 Yen sounds like a great deal.

By the way, I love your avatar picture!

Around the Network
manuel said:
oniyide said:

The pricing structure is a bit different in Japan, generally higher than in North America.

The normal, expected price for a game like Rayman would be 4800 or even 5800 Yen ($60 or $72 respectively). I'm sure you'll understand why - under these circumstances - 2500 Yen sounds like a great deal.

thats true i get that, I guest the price they are charging is damn good considering it was originally released for 60 in the US. It would not have made much sense for them to release it in Japan for that price.

And thanks i always preferred the original FOXHOUND logo

oniyide said:
manuel said:
oniyide said:

thats true i get that, I guest the price they are charging is damn good considering it was originally released for 60 in the US. It would not have made much sense for them to release it in Japan for that price.

And thanks i always preferred the original FOXHOUND logo

AFAIK they were doing as part of their 25th anniversary, so they priced it at 2500 yen. They are still releasing both the PS3 and Vita versions of the game at the 2500 yen price, so it makes no sense why they wouldn't release the 3DS version as well.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

But why would they take it off all their official sites? :/

oniyide said:

Ubi made a mistake by releasing it in retail form - it should have been released as 15$ download title.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Maybe the 3DS version won't be part of the anniversary promotion anymore... Are there more games launched with the same 2500 yen promotion?

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"