By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Editorial: Zelda has been getting worse since the NES

Hmm... He actually has some points, but while I agree with some of those points I think he is missing a few things. I I agree that the original zelda and zelda II where adventure games at its core no doubts about it, however I feel that all zelda games share the same structure ever since the first game. The main point of the zelda games is not to rescue zelda (that just the reward), eveything is about Link finding its way to get there, to defeat all the bosses, upgrade his equipment, find new items, blow a bomb in an unexpected place (I pretty much burned all the trees from the original zelda to get rupees). How every game manage to show that same structure is what it makes it worse or better depending of your taste.

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Around the Network

you guys analyze too much lol

I did not read that whole thing. Maybe later when I have some time. For now, I will limit my comments to the title.

For me, the pinnacle of the franchise came on the N64. Majora's Mask is my favorite, followed closely by Ocarina of Time. Those are both fantastic games. Twilight Princess is pretty good. I really liked A Link to the Past and the handheld games in the same style like Link's Awakening and Oracle of Ages. I would not mind seeing the franchise split into a 2D and 3D version like Mario has. That would be awesome. Who could complain about more Zelda?

That said, I tried to play the original NES Zelda about two years ago. It is pretty much unplayable by today's standards.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

the original zelda on the NES was the only one i truely enjoyed start to finish. orcarina of time was good too but i would have rather of had a better looking top down adventure that was just much longer then the original.

Zelda 2 is the most underrated in the franchise. I am not sure how in hell anyone can actually think the barely playable first Zelda game is better.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

This is so obvious.

There's always someone that has better ideas. It's easy doing that when a product is finished, but i think it's better to point out what's bad not to make up what could had done better, because, in a matter of fact, we are not game developers and i think if we were probably other mistakes had come out.

I still think i'm a fan of the saga for what it is. I think they have all elements in their games and all feedback to do better on WiiU, that's what we do if one game it's not what we wanted: we pretend a new one with or not the things we appreciate of the saga.

Stop forcing developers on reboots, a the end we will force 'em so and then we will complain because it's a reboot. Like DMC, Tomb Raider and stuff.

Spiders den are not for men.

My gaming channel: Stefano and the Spiders.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MultiSpider87?feature=mhum

I didn't read the whole thing

I don't like these arguments. If zelda was more like demon soul's blah blah blah. Well yes, if it was more like another game you individually liked better. It would be a better game.

I mean, I thought the 2 galaxy's were a step back. From Mario 64, and Even Sunshine. But, I'd be dumb if I didn't realize a lot of people (majority) like the direction Galaxy took Mario.

I personally thought skyward sword was one of the worst zelda's... But that's because of motion controls (which I despise even though skyward's sword was well done) It would probably in the middle without that. But at the end of the day, there's people with different views. His view the original was the best.l I like,basically every zelda but SS more.

For a developer there's a lot of people criticisizing different things. Some people think Skyward Sword is the best zelda. And there's no guarantee that if you make a zelda in the veign of demon soul's or the original zelda, it's going to be successful. Look at all the hate the new DMC's getting. Their ass is on the line it's their decisions.

Sometimes these people that feel that so much needs to change about these games maybe just need to think that the franchise in the current state just isn' their cup of tea anymore. He's essentially complaining about mechanics, that have been in place since ALTTP. That people love and still love, and saying they're broken. So many people disagree with that.