By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - horror news: ''Final Fantasy's Hironobu Sakaguchi Plans 3 iOS Projects''

Euphoria14 said:
badgenome said:
Euphoria14 said:

Wasn't it said that he wouldn't work on a Sony platform? If so, that might explain why the game is not on Android. Google and Sony are partners, so maybe now he hates Google too.

My understanding is that it's just Playstation, and it was because he doesn't like Ken Kutaragi.

Ken hasn't been there in years, so what's his gripe now?

Well, he's been pretty busy ever since Kutaragi left: first he was tied up with Microsoft for a while doing Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey, then he made those shitty DS games and wasted a bunch of time on Cry On, and then he did Last Story for Nintendo. And now he's free, but like I said, I think he's out of money and no one will give him any. So, iOS it is!

He should try Kickstarter!

Around the Network
rccsetzer said:
badgenome said:
Euphoria14 said:

Wasn't it said that he wouldn't work on a Sony platform? If so, that might explain why the game is not on Android. Google and Sony are partners, so maybe now he hates Google too.

My understanding is that it's just Playstation, and it was because he doesn't like Ken Kutaragi.

Sony tried to destroy Hironobu Sakaguchi because of one big flop distributed by columbia pictures:

Ah, now it makes sense. He showed them by destroying himself first.

Euphoria14 said:
rccsetzer said:
badgenome said:
Euphoria14 said:

Sony tried to destroy Hironobu Sakaguchi because of one big flop produced by columbia pictures:

I remember going to the theater to see that movie back in the day. Me and my friends walked out with looks of disgust.

After that movie Square was never the same. A good, short read about the matter: http://www.1up.com/features/decade-tragic-missteps?pager.offset=1

badgenome said:
Euphoria14 said:
badgenome said:
Euphoria14 said:

Ken hasn't been there in years, so what's his gripe now?

Well, he's been pretty busy ever since Kutaragi left: first he was tied up with Microsoft for a while doing Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey, then he made those shitty DS games and wasted a bunch of time on Cry On, and then he did Last Story for Nintendo. And now he's free, but like I said, I think he's out of money and no one will give him any. So, iOS it is!

He should try Kickstarter!

I remember all the things he worked on, I even bought Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey and will check out Last Story, but still, the man confuses me.

I think he should make an old school style JRPG (Similar to the SNES/PS1 overhead camera view) and release it on E-Shop, PSN, XBLA, Android and iOS. That or at least Android and iOS. All he is doing right now is working on a game and going to release it into a crowded market place, and better yet just (1) crowded marketplace.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Sweet, I just got an iPhone ^_^

Around the Network

He needs the money!!

Euphoria14 said:

I remember all the things he worked on, I even bought Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey and will check out Last Story, but still, the man confuses me.

Well, if he's spent most of the past decade being subsidized by first parties, and Sony has shown no real inclination to pursue JRPGs this generation and doesn't have a lot of money to throw around besides... it's kind of obvious why he's done what he's done.

According to this the game is called Party Wave, so it's probably just Gooch taking a page from Miyamoto's book and making a game based on what he's been doing lately, i.e. surfing. If this were Mizuguchi I'd be excited about the awesome synaesthesia possibilities, but as it is... it's probably no loss for non-iOS users.

Euphoria14 said:
Oh come on! ...

What is with this guy and choosing just (1) platform and ignoring all the rest? At least make them iOS and Android...

Is that REALLY that hard?

That depends on his resources. Android could require additional investment that he either can't afford or isn't ready to make. Also, so far he seems like a guy who likes to make the most of one platform with his games, rather than trying to bring his games to several platforms, and all the different Android hardware out there could mean he doesn't want to deal with it. Not at first anyway.

I wonder what he's going to make though...

meh... I'm not surprised.. I totally expected this...

Anyway the best JRPG this gen still is Chaos Rings on iOS.. nice to see some extra anal loving..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

What a waste of talent, resources, and time.