By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Greece 'can't take anymore cuts' and Eurozone States 'want Greece out'

IMF/World Bank dictating globalist economic policies to the world is part of the huge problem. Globalisation economic policies have driven more western nations into huge debts that can never be paid back, the developing Asian nations are the western world's creditors. Both sides of politics have accelerated the globalisation movement over the last 30 odd years.

Around the Network

Oh poor Greeks after the cuts they will have minimal wages at the level of Poland after 23 years of development and after 2 milions of our people emigrated to western Europe to look for work...

I think I'll start to organize huge protests for someone to bailout us too ;)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

sethnintendo said:
SpartenOmega117 said:
You know the Arab empire was pretty powerful as well. And don't forget the Han dynasty.
Anyways, do any of you think Greece may end up starting a war to get themselves out of this crisis?

Who would they attack?

Turkey. North Cyprus would be a good place to start, proxy war there to drag Turkey in, then get a war economy running

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
sethnintendo said:
SpartenOmega117 said:
You know the Arab empire was pretty powerful as well. And don't forget the Han dynasty.
Anyways, do any of you think Greece may end up starting a war to get themselves out of this crisis?

Who would they attack?

Turkey. North Cyprus would be a good place to start, proxy war there to drag Turkey in, then get a war economy running

Isn't Turkey more powerful?

sethnintendo said:
Mr Khan said:
sethnintendo said:
SpartenOmega117 said:

Who would they attack?

Probably, but Greece would have a fighting chance. If Georgia was stupid enough to provoke Russia in 2008, Greece could certainly try taking a crack at Turkey.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

Public servants live it up at tax payers expense: cut Public servant positions and reduce their salaries. Reduce the public sector and grow the private sector. The savings to tax payers through tax cuts can be spent on the Greek economy and encourage economic growth and economic recovery.

Mr Khan said:
sethnintendo said:
Mr Khan said:
sethnintendo said:
SpartenOmega117 said:

Who would they attack?

Probably, but Greece would have a fighting chance. If Georgia was stupid enough to provoke Russia in 2008, Greece could certainly try taking a crack at Turkey.

There's no chance in hell for something like that.The Greece of now doesn't start wars,even while Turkey provokes for decades by by flying it's planes over the Aegean sea.It's more like if Greece gets kicked out of the eurozone, then it's more likely to be attacked, not the reverse.As for the military,well they barely have any money for it.That's why they are going to raise the military service duration again.

Watching the events of the cosmos unfold in tears and solitude

Player1x3 said:
Dr.Grass said:
Player1x3 said:
Kai Master said:
They'd better say they won't give money back and don't use the market/finance to get money but just the taxes (they're just at the equilibrium at this time, they can drop the markets), Greek won't lose anything, only the business men, which is not an issue in my opinion (I hate finance).
I've heard Greek didn't change and still continue to fraud (heavy black market), they're stupid and cupid people IMO, they don't deserve our euros.

Those stupid and ''cupid'' people are founders of western civilization.  You dont deserve their democracy

The Roman empire may have contributed to certain facets of modern day society, but to insinuate that we owe something to the modern country Greece due to what an empire that was centralized there 2000 years achieved is barking mad.

And don't pretend that (modern) democracy is such a great achievement either.

EDIT: Not to mention that the modern form of democracy never existed there either

Roman culture, religion and social structure is basically the greek one. They borrowed almost everything for it. And I don't think we owe them anything, just some respect (same with any other country, but Greeks dint seem to be getting any), and they don't deserve to be called stupid by arrogant westerns, who don't know jack shit about actual economic struggle and poverty but yet constantly bitch and whine about it.

And democracy is far superior to dictatorship or theocracy, there's no doubt there

You DO realize that the relation between Greece right now and Greece of old is somewhere between jack and shit (read: geography). At best, you can call current greeks Macedonians, but that wouldn't be quite accurate either. Greece has been owned by Macedonia, then Rome, then BYzantine, then Ottomans. It would be one thing if they had fought for their culture throughout all of it, but they integrated VERY will with Macedonia and Rome. Current Greece has nothing to do with the Greece of old, and they don't deserve any of that respect. Not even slightly.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

vlad321 said:
Player1x3 said:
Dr.Grass said:
Player1x3 said:
Kai Master said:
They'd better say they won't give money back and don't use the market/finance to get money but just the taxes (they're just at the equilibrium at this time, they can drop the markets), Greek won't lose anything, only the business men, which is not an issue in my opinion (I hate finance).
I've heard Greek didn't change and still continue to fraud (heavy black market), they're stupid and cupid people IMO, they don't deserve our euros.

Those stupid and ''cupid'' people are founders of western civilization.  You dont deserve their democracy

The Roman empire may have contributed to certain facets of modern day society, but to insinuate that we owe something to the modern country Greece due to what an empire that was centralized there 2000 years achieved is barking mad.

And don't pretend that (modern) democracy is such a great achievement either.

EDIT: Not to mention that the modern form of democracy never existed there either

Roman culture, religion and social structure is basically the greek one. They borrowed almost everything for it. And I don't think we owe them anything, just some respect (same with any other country, but Greeks dint seem to be getting any), and they don't deserve to be called stupid by arrogant westerns, who don't know jack shit about actual economic struggle and poverty but yet constantly bitch and whine about it.

And democracy is far superior to dictatorship or theocracy, there's for what no doubt there

You DO realize that the relation between Greece right now and Greece of old is somewhere between jack and shit (read: geography). At best, you can call current greeks Macedonians, but that wouldn't be quite accurate either. Greece has been owned by Macedonia, then Rome, then BYzantine, then Ottomans. It would be one thing if they had fought for their culture throughout all of it, but they integrated VERY will with Macedonia and Rome. Current Greece has nothing to do with the Greece of old, and they don't deserve any of that respect. Not even slightly.

WTF are you talking about? Geography? The Ancient Macedonia IS IN GREECE, and those Macedonians that live there are 100% Greek, they are all people of hellenic heritage. And Ancient Greece predates Rome, Byzantine (which was more Greek than roman anyway) and Ottoman Empire. Macedonians are Greeks just like Russians are Slavs. And what do you mean ''fought for thier culture''? Romans pretty much borrowed everything from it and spread it on their empire. And Im gonna say this for 10th time by now: The history has shown that Greeks (Hellenic peoples) are far from stupid and without them and Rome, most of Europe population would be savage barbarians for a very long time (probably until Muslims or Persians havent conquerd entire Europe and made us all convert to Islam).  I dont think we owe them anything but respect (like with ANY other nation) and the credit for their contributions to our civilization

Cassiel said:
Mr Khan said:
sethnintendo said:
Mr Khan said:
sethnintendo said:
SpartenOmega117 said:

Who would they attack?

There's no chance in hell for something like that.The Greece of now doesn't start wars,even while Turkey provokes for decades by by flying it's planes over the Aegean sea.It's more like if Greece gets kicked out of the eurozone, then it's more likely to be attacked, not the reverse.As for the military,well they barely have any money for it.That's why they are going to raise the military service duration again.

Extremely crappy economics breed extreme politics though. Greece nowadays ressembles a lot the Weimar republic. Even though Turkey is a NATO member, here's what they could do. Accuse Turkey for taking over some Aegan sea island, start a war over european Turkey and Northern Cyprus, have Germany to invervene and end the war after a few months.

Germany talks it's way out of the military limitations imposed by international treaty, indirectly assumes control over Greece, sets military domination over the region, uses revolts of the turk immigrants in Germany as an excuse to expel them. After a few years Greece resumes sovereignty with a sizeable chunk of western/european Turkey and it's economy back on track, besides national pride restored.

And everything keeps going according to plan for Germany.