By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Greece 'can't take anymore cuts' and Eurozone States 'want Greece out'

Greece could take a cue from UK on solving its money problem.

Around the Network

The Greeks financial problems were created mainly by corrupt government officials who run the country. Greece has a culture of tax evasion, corruption in politics, financial/economic mismanagement by government and business leaders. The average Greek citizen is a hard working law abiding citizen and is not to blame for the problems created by the financial mismanagement and failures of government and the system.

Bye Greece.

Player1x3 said:
Kai Master said:
They'd better say they won't give money back and don't use the market/finance to get money but just the taxes (they're just at the equilibrium at this time, they can drop the markets), Greek won't lose anything, only the business men, which is not an issue in my opinion (I hate finance).
I've heard Greek didn't change and still continue to fraud (heavy black market), they're stupid and cupid people IMO, they don't deserve our euros.

Those stupid and ''cupid'' people are founders of western civilization.  You dont deserve their democracy

The Roman empire may have contributed to certain facets of modern day society, but to insinuate that we owe something to the modern country Greece due to what an empire that was centralized there 2000 years achieved is barking mad.

And don't pretend that (modern) democracy is such a great achievement either.

EDIT: Not to mention that the modern form of democracy never existed there either

Dark_Lord_2008 said:
The Greeks financial problems were created mainly by corrupt government officials who run the country. Greece has a culture of tax evasion, corruption in politics, financial/economic mismanagement by government and business leaders. The average Greek citizen is a hard working law abiding citizen and is not to blame for the problems created by the financial mismanagement and failures of government and the system.

You're mistaken Greece for USA. Oh wait...

Around the Network

Doomed if you do and doomed if you don't we will find out which option they have open to them on Monday. It really has gone beyond the people. Whether they have corrupt politicians or not they are the ones the people voted in to make the decisions and the decisions is they will go for the lesser level of doomed if the EU will stomach it.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.
scottie said:
lordmandeep said:
Well just because you were great in the past does not mean your forever great.

Italy is the root of the most powerful empire in history, The Roman Empire.
However Italy has been a joke country for a while now. However with Grown up leadership taking charge, things appear will change.

The problem with these countries, Portugal, Spain, Italy and Greece is the govt is too large but a country that does not generates a far lower level of tax revenue then the Northern European Countries.

The Scandinavians can give all these services as they tax their citizens to death.

Totally off topic here, but do you really consider the Roman Empire to be more powerful than the British at it's height?

Roman empire lasted for a lot longer time. That why at least I would consider it as a more powerful empire. Don't know how this has anything to do with thread though.

"
Roman empire lasted for a lot longer time. That why at least I would consider it as a more powerful empire. Don't know how this has anything to do with thread though."

Were a bunch of guys on message boards, we can talk about anything lol!

Cassiel said:

Michael-5 where are you reading all this nonsense?The retiring age over here is 65 and it always was like that.Lazy bums?Guess you never read my post.People here work way more than poeple in any other developed country.And also get paid way less and overtime stays unpaid.Now they are lowering wages ever more too.And prices are higher than the rest too (the highest in Europe at least).But ok it's always EASY talking about things you DON'T know, cause you don't live here and really never cared to learn cause it doesn't affect you (for the meantime).

Currently the average age of retirement in Greece is 61, though it is not uncommon for public sector workers to retire in their 50s.

Under the planned changes, the retirement age, which is currently 65 years for men and 60 years for women, will be linked to average life expectancy.

??

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

I'm well aware that it's not necessarily true, but over here the Greeks do have a reputation for being lazy and unwilling to work - I imagine that would make countries less likely to want to bail them out.

I have no idea where all the money went anyway- I didn't even think that most Greek people lived in air conditioned homes, let alone a quality of life to rival Western Europe

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~