By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Greece 'can't take anymore cuts' and Eurozone States 'want Greece out'

man-bear-pig said:
Yep. Germany, France and the UK are bearing the brunt of these bailouts just to postpone the inevitable. It is complete madness. MADNESS I TELL YOU!

More sorry I feel for my own country (Finland). We have almost zero debt in these crisis countries and still we are bailing them out with billions. That's madness.

Around the Network
man-bear-pig said:
Yep. Germany, France and the UK are bearing the brunt of these bailouts just to postpone the inevitable. It is complete madness. MADNESS I TELL YOU!

its part of being in a union. you have to stick it out during the tough times and reap the rewards during the good times. If countries start leaving/getting kicked out of EU what will that do to peoples confidence in it? I think the EU has to overcome this obsatcle to show they are needed and can help, if not why bother with it.

This crysis hopefully will bring an end to the Euro and to the mad vision of the United States of Europe,

Slimebeast said:
This crysis hopefully will bring an end to the Euro and to the mad vision of the United States of Europe,

The good from the Euro and the EU itself outway the bad.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Greece is doomed either way the question is are they more doomed in the EU or out. I suspect they will be more doomed outside of the EU but regardless of this the cold facts are that Austerity is here to stay and the Greeks need to understand that and either support its Government on its path to funds with the EU of go it alone without the EU.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.
Around the Network

If they aren't willing to get their shit together than cut them off, kick them out of the EU, and let them go broke. Problem solved.

If I ran a country I would NEVER settle for a deficit budget.

Kai Master said:
They'd better say they won't give money back and don't use the market/finance to get money but just the taxes (they're just at the equilibrium at this time, they can drop the markets), Greek won't lose anything, only the business men, which is not an issue in my opinion (I hate finance).
I've heard Greek didn't change and still continue to fraud (heavy black market), they're stupid and cupid people IMO, they don't deserve our euros.

Those stupid and ''cupid'' people are founders of western civilization.  You dont deserve their democracy

Well just because you were great in the past does not mean your forever great.

Italy is the root of the most powerful empire in history, The Roman Empire.
However Italy has been a joke country for a while now. However with Grown up leadership taking charge, things appear will change.

The problem with these countries, Portugal, Spain, Italy and Greece is the govt is too large but a country that does not generates a far lower level of tax revenue then the Northern European Countries.

The Scandinavians can give all these services as they tax their citizens to death.

I'm a frequent visitor of this site.Yet I never signed in, because I stopped talking about vidoegames online years ago (too busy for that). However after reading all those things posted in this thread I decided to sing in and post some things about the subject. The truth is, that anyone who doesn't live over here in Greece, well he/she knows nothing at all about our 'lifes' and the real situation.Because there are soooo many things wrong and loads more misconceptions about it take a look at this 9gag post for a 'summary' in clear and simple language:

http://9gag.com/gag/2681884

The thing is, there never was a choice for us.There never was democracy. Those corrupted politicians did whatever they wanted and still do. Demostrations don't do a thing. They never did. It was all about two 'families' passing the government between them for decades. And they voted for them (there wasn't much else to vote anyway unless they wanted communism),and they kept taking loans,and money kept dissapearing.And then the 'crysis' happened, which didn't start because of Greece btw, but yeah people seem to forget that.Because of that, they couldn't keep their dirt hidden any longer. And now the whole country is where it's at.A place with no future and no hope. All the simple folks (yeah that's all of the 10 million of us) just barely make it or they don't make it at all (some don't even have electricity or worse,food). Thousands of businesses have dissaperead,wages have been cut to absurd levels (I mean there used to be an average of 850 euros and now some are 'happy' if they get 400 euros or something),prices have risen as much as tenfold, they made us pay hundreds of euros because we own a house just for that fact only.

I mean it's absurd!!!No one has the means to live like that!The younger generation is doomed!There are no means anymore to leave your family and start your own.You can't even live by yourself anymore!You can't even find any job at all! Take me for example. Just a bit before finishing my masters degree (which I'm paying for through savings, cause my parents can't afford it), speaking 4 languages, and having some more qualifications in other areas and no job. Cause they don't take people with qualifications cause they cost.Cause they are no jobs anyway.

When was the last time -you- thought that everything you strived for tons of years was meaningless?When was the last time -you- thought that whatever you do there is -no way- you can change anything, because the 'root of evil' is more than all your people can manage?When was the last time -you- thought that you can not afford a future, because others decided it for you in advance? So if you still think anyone living over here owes anything to anyone (which we don't cause it wasn't us getting any money in the first place), then you can cladly come over here to live reality.OUR reality.We are the victims here.Compared to us, you really never had any 'crysis' going out there, sorry to blow it up for you. And we are the first to go yeah.The rest will follow one by one don't worry if we go.That's how it starts.But you know what, we'll make it as usual.Much to the sorrow of those who want Greece to go down.That will never happen.

Watching the events of the cosmos unfold in tears and solitude

Cassiel said:

All the simple folks (yeah that's all of the 10 million of us) just barely make it or they don't make it at all (some don't even have electricity or worse,food). Thousands of businesses have dissaperead,wages have been cut to absurd levels (I mean there used to be an average of 850 euros and now some are 'happy' if they get 400 euros or something),prices have risen as much as tenfold, they made us pay hundreds of euros because we own a house just for that fact only.

I just wanted to comment on this part of your post.  After reading this I can draw a lot of similarities between Greece and Germany (pre WW2).  It seems like your country is ripe for fascism.