By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox 360 exclusives vs. PS3 exclusives vs. Wii exclusives

Which console has the best exclusives?

Xbox 360 101 14.45%

PS3 405 57.94%

Wii 191 27.32%

Total:697

360 easily. your not a true gamer if you haven't played through the gears of war series. Though MS needs more exclusives for xbox what we do get is top notch.
Inb4 banned because not sony or wii fanboy.

Around the Network
usrevenge said:
360 easily. your not a true gamer if you haven't played through the gears of war series. Though MS needs more exclusives for xbox what we do get is top notch.

You're*

usrevenge said:

OMFG IM NOT A TRUE GAMER ????????????

shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

-_-

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Torillian said:
dark_gh0st_b0y said:
Torillian said:
Conegamer said:

I just don't see any Halo game or Uncharted game, or any other game by MS or Sony, being remembered the same way as Skyward Sword or Galaxy will be.

Perhaps it won't be remembered by you, but I will certainly remember Valkyria CHronicles, LBP, and even Killzone 2 longer than I will either of those.  Always see this fallacious assumption based argument by Nintendo fans that Nintendo are the only ones that makes games that people will remember for decades, but the only reason you think that is they're the only gaming company that's been around that long..  Trust me I will remember SotC for the rest of my life and I'm sure others will remember the first halo forever.  Nintendo doesn't have the market cornered when it comes to future classics, they just have the market for current classics because they've been around that long.  

talk about yourself

we've seen how Halo Anniversary sold compared to the original, and compare that to how Ocarina is selling, not 10 years later but 14

Conegamer is right

You don't honestly think that Skyward Sword is going to sell those kind of numbers if they remake it in 14 years do you?  Yeah OoT as a game is more renowned as a classic than Halo, but that doesn't mean every Zelda game gets that same treatment.  I have an incredibly hard time believing people will remember a random Zelda that didn't even sell that hot more so than the game that made an entire console company viable (Halo).  

Skyward Sword will be remembered for its awesome Wii controls (i know, there's nothing on earth that everyone likes), Phantom Hourglass will be remembered for the excellent use of the DS, Spirit Track not as much, now only the future can show what will be remembered

but definitely Halo sales don't indicate that people remember it, unlike God of War and Pokemon for example

also, many misunderstood me in here, just to clear it out, i may support Wii and Nintendo the most, but i have all 3 consoles, and i'm a fan of all 3 companies, i played Halo ODST (and it was awesome of course), same for Forza and some Ps3 exclusives like GoW3

it's that Wii fits more to my lifestyle, i like movement, but i find it pathetic that people have enforced the anti-Wii/Nintendo spirit because the Xbox360 is catching up, it deserves to sell, but Nintendo also deserves the 1st place it's got this gen

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Shinobi-san said:
usrevenge said:

-_-

Yeah you should probably throw your playstation in a lake and forget about your passion. You haven't played gears of war. You aren't a true gamer, like me and usrevenge.

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
i vote ps3 cause 360 only have one exclusive that i could pay for it (gears) and nintendo have 2 (zelda and metroid)

I dont see much of a difference with Sony's and MS's line up in terms of genres other than Sony release exclusives for more genres. But for the most part they deal with the same genres : Racing, action adventure, TPS, FPS.

Basically what im saying is...since you only like one 360 game...id imagine you dont like a hell of a lot of the ps3 exlcusives either. That or you find that the ps3 exclusives are way beyond 360 exclusives in quality...in which case matacritic does not agree with you.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

dark_gh0st_b0y said:
pezus said:
dark_gh0st_b0y said:
pezus said:
dark_gh0st_b0y said:

Wii

the answer is so obvious that it does not even deserve a thread and a poll, whatever the result will be

edit : after watching the result i can see it's actually a voting about which company has the most fans on this site, and is Sony as it seems, nothing wrong with that, but so people can finally stop blaming poor Nintendo fans for supporting what they like

No, PS3 is ahead because it deserves it. Stop trying to say "Oh but Nintendo this and Nintendo that". They haven't done jack shit for the Wii except Zelda in more than a year. I remember more years where there were only 1-2 memorable exclusives. I remember the year that Animal Crossing came out as another example (2008).

It annoys me greatly that you can never recognize the PS3 for its exclusives and always insist it's ONLY because Sony fans outnumber the other ones. Nintendo won the poll in the other exclusives thread. Why is that?

Wii is where it is (30m above the Ps3) only and only because of its exclusive titles, it's a fact, not an opinion

Yeah, because of Wii Fit, Wii Sports and NSMBWii...I'm sure you'll reflect back in a few years on how Wii Fit and Wii Sports were such great games because they sold in the tens of millions. 

Edit: And you're living in the past. Nintendo hasn't made a system seller for Wii in years. Oh and if those few Wii exclusives have such staying power, why is PS3 selling considerably more currently and in 2011?

because Nintendo choose, instead of releasing Wii Sports 3, Wii Fit 3, NSMBW2, Mario Kart Wii 2, Galaxy 3, Kinect Wii, Vitality sensor, Super Smash 4, nunckuck plus and so on so forth, decided to focus on 3DS and WiiU, it's common sense

HD fans just got the chance to revive the ''Wii is shit'' thing because it's not selling that good in 2011/2012

Wii sold because of it's exclusives, the Nintendo ones

there is no reason to count million sellers since we already know that Wii exclusives gave it the 1st place this gen, it has the most software sales by far, whether you like the games or not, and it won't change

You mean like Gamecube?

At some point this sales=quality notion needs to die.

The success of a system depends on a whole lot of things. Innovation / lowest price / best exclusives / time of release /marketing/hype etc. Anything alone is not enough. It's all or most of these things put together.

Here's the reasons I bought a wii in 2008.

1)The ps3 was bloody expensive, I didn't have much money and due to bad press I was under the impression that Sony were making a huge profit on each console because they were greedy.

2)The hype of Wii Sports was insane. I played the game for a few months (though spent about 30 hours in total) and was quite bored after that

3)I wanted to play WiiFit to lose wait. I played it for about 20 hours and was hugely disappointed. I had tons of fun playing Naruto (wii) though (my first Naruto game on an next generation  console).

I also bought Super Mario Galaxy due to hype and because the Wii offered no other games that interested me. I played it for a few hours, but didn't enjoy it that much (nevertheless, I think it's a 9,5/10 game, just not for me).

I bought a ps3 in 2009 and have about 130 games vs 8 wii games (though I have no doubt that there are tons of wii games that I never got to play that are brilliant)

This is not a Wii Sucks post. I'm just trying to show that the success of a game or console can depend on many reasons, quality might be one of them, but definitely not the only, and for everyone.

Shinobi-san said:
usrevenge said:

-_-

SEEMS LEGIT

RolStoppable said:
naruball said:
RolStoppable said:

The Wii, of course. Consumers vote with their wallets and on the Xbox 360 and PS3 they routinely choose third party multiplatform games over exclusives.

I totally agree. I mean we all know Zumba fitness is miles better than Mass effect.

Looks like you didn't understand my point. The sales comparison I am applying here is limited to each system's own library, not one against another.

On the Wii, exclusives sell by far the best. On both the 360 and PS3 it is multiplatform games dominating the bestsellers list, so the exclusives on these systems can't be as great as the heavily biased sample we have in this thread suggests. On the Wii, you can say with absolute certainty that its exclusives are the best games on the system. On the HD consoles, you can't. If those exclusives were as great as this thread suggests (well, this goes first and foremost for the PS3), then owners of these consoles wouldn't choose multiplatform games over exclusives. If someone wants to convince others that the PS3 has the best exclusives, then they should start by explaining why PS3 owners are hesitant to spend their money on exclusives.

The other option would be to just look at this thread in the way of "What is your favorite console?", but this would be boring.

Agreed with bolded, disagree with italicized/underlined. It's like saying that Call of Duty mw/ bo is better than Mass Effect/Forza 3 etc. They buy the game because of hype or many other possible reasons.

I absolutely despise FPS (always get dizzy when I play them), but still bought Killzone 2 and 3 because some friends of mine like them (plus they were really cheap). It's a reason to invite them over and then play Tekken 6

naruball said:

You mean like Gamecube?

At some point this sales=quality notion needs to die.

The success of a system depends on a whole lot of things. Innovation / lowest price / best exclusives / time of release /marketing/hype etc. Anything alone is not enough. It's all or most of these things put together.

Here's the reasons I bought a wii in 2008.

1)The ps3 was bloody expensive, I didn't have much money and due to bad press I was under the impression that Sony were making a huge profit on each console because they were greedy.

2)The hype of Wii Sports was insane. I played the game for a few months (though spent about 30 hours in total) and was quite bored after that

3)I wanted to play WiiFit to lose wait. I played it for about 20 hours and was hugely disappointed. I had tons of fun playing Naruto (wii) though (my first Naruto game on an next generation  console).

I also bought Super Mario Galaxy due to hype and because the Wii offered no other games that interested me. I played it for a few hours, but didn't enjoy it that much (nevertheless, I think it's a 9,5/10 game, just not for me).

I bought a ps3 in 2009 and have about 130 games vs 8 wii games (though I have no doubt that there are tons of wii games that I never got to play that are brilliant)

This is not a Wii Sucks post. I'm just trying to show that the success of a game or console can depend on many reasons, quality might be one of them, but definitely not the only, and for everyone.

there's not a single thing on earth that likes to everyone, if that was the case Wii would have sold 150m +, the thing is what likes to most people, and in this case, the sales of Wii exclusives speak by themselves, this site is all about sales, and therefore the answer to the thread title but of course the point is that everyone tells his/her opinion

it depends on many things, but  Nintendo games in this case is the main reason Wii succeed, people got it because it was cheap, in order to play Nintendo games which they heard from others are awesome and that's why many Nintendo Wii's games had the legs of 20m

sales mean a higher chance to be quality in someone's eyes actually

like Rol said, consumers vote with their wallets, same for music and movies, now if VGC members like PS3 exclusives the most, nothing wrong with that, i like them too, just not as much as the Wii exclusives

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^