By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox 360 exclusives vs. PS3 exclusives vs. Wii exclusives

Which console has the best exclusives?

Xbox 360 101 14.45%

PS3 405 57.94%

Wii 191 27.32%

Total:697
man-bear-pig said:
Xbox 360, cos halo is the best series of all time. Oh, and it also has Forza, gears, Alan wake and fable!

Replace Halo with Metroid, Forza with Mario Kart, Gears with Xenoblade, Fable with Zelda and Alan Wake with all other amazing Nintendo stuff and you're good to go =)

(JK, xbox is awesome too! :P

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

The Wii, of course. Consumers vote with their wallets and on the Xbox 360 and PS3 they routinely choose third party multiplatform games over exclusives.

Having shitty 3rd party support makes that vote pretty easy for Wii owners.

I vote PS3 for it's unrivaled quantity, quality and especially it's variety. I also appreciate the mix of established franchises like Gran turismo and God of War with the brilliant new IPs introduced on PS3 like Uncharted and LittleBigPlanet.

IMO.

360 gets a lot of shit, but I think they have a great library of exclusives like Gears of War, Halo and Forza, and although on the retail side of things they're still far behind PS3 and Wii, when it comes to downloadables (XBLA), 360 is well ahead.

Xbox 360, because its the only one with Kinect exclusives.

Ps3 because of huge variety of quality games. Wii has some great games too but they aren't really to my liking.

Around the Network

Why is this different from the previous thread?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=139732&page=1

In the long-run, the results will likely be the same too. So I'll say exactly the same thing I said there here:

"I thought the consensus was Nintendo>Sony>Microsoft?

Nintendo has released games that are iconic and still playable decades later (Mario World, LttP, Fire Emblem etc.), and the ambassadors for the 3DS got to experience this first hand. They're timeless classics.

I just don't see any Halo game or Uncharted game, or any other game by MS or Sony, being remembered the same way as Skyward Sword or Galaxy will be.

Finally, they have the widest range of exclusives IMO. From Mario to Zelda to Metroid to Fire Emblem to Mario Kart to Wii series to Pikmin to Kirby to Donkey Kong to RPG's, and everything else inbetween."

In short, Nintendo. They have more variety, more genres, more games and more HUGE exclusives and names than the other two.

In 20 years, we'll still be talking about Mario, and Zelda, and Pokemon, and Metroid, and many, many others, including those newer IP's (Professor Layton, Wii___ series, Xenoblade). Whereas the original Halo, Uncharted, Gears of War etc. are already fading into mere memories.

In addition, no other system will have exclusives with such selling power. Nintendo have 7 games (Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resort, Wii Play, Wii Fit, Wii Fit Plus, Mario Kart Wii and New Super Mario Bros. Wii) above 20 mil, 2 of which are above 30 mil. They also have Brawl above 10 mil and Galaxy will be at 10 mil in a matter of months. That's 9 games which have sold over 10 mil made by Nintendo, whereas no game released by Microsoft or Sony ever (if I'm correct) has reached that number, or come close. Surely that's got to count for something...

One more thing- I feel as though comparing the ranks of Sony and Nintendo to Microsoft is an insult. They are in two completely different leagues, with several leagues between them.

Nintendo>Sony>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Microsoft. End of.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Nintendo has always offered the best exclusives . so it's a no brainer . sony a close 2nd

it is hard to deny Wii has alot of good exclusives this entire gen some went under achieved under rated and ignored entirely. such as zack and wiki manhunt 2 no more heroes no more heroes 2 house of the dead overkill-was exclusive ,
goldeneye etc

but then it has the successes such as super mario bros wii super mario galaxy super mario galaxy 2 wii sports play wii fit , donkey kong country 2 zeldas 2 kirby games . mario sports titles mario party fortune street etc .

how can you pass them up . its a variety over a truck load of first person shooters thats for sure

ps3 may have gt5 uncharted mgs 4 resistance killzone socom and mod nation racers . but i find mariokart amoung other titles on wii slightly better

because of the vast variety your never playing the same type of game more then 3 times ,.

somthing microsoft screwed up with this entire gen if you look at their exclusive list the majority are fps or racers

halo 3
halo 3 odst
halo reach

• halo cea
halo 4
fable 2 3 and 4
crack down 1 and 2
pgr 3/4
forza 2 /3/4
race pro
gears of war 1/2/3
saints row
test drive unlimited 1
banjo kazooie 3
pd0
kameo
viva pinata 1/2
and a bunch of rare kenict titles(kenict sports)
there is hardly anything remarkable about many of these games rule out fable 2 /3 and forza 3/4 pgr series .
and gears of war everything else is average at best .
and when the market is flooded w fps the last game i want to play is halo

so with that said im choosing nintendo only because they did it right this gen as far as variety on their console even by 3rd party

wiis library is totally different minus the big guns like nfs cod madden wwe tony hawk , there is not many 360 ps3 titles on the wii, and that is a good thing .

that means theres actually reason to own a wii and a hd console of your choosing cause you wont see the same games on either combo

and i hope that wii u can still offer this alongside its hd counterparts . i dont care what people say ...
i rather have a vast choice and a varied library then a fps loaded one with a racing game or 2 on the side ,.

and whats this with wii not having 3rd party  titles it does so it just does not have all the same titles as 360 ps3 as stated before just major ones that benefit from all 3 platforms

let me list a handful   of notable games i think is worth noting .  (i play a variety of games ) so ya 

1. mini desktop racing (for those looking for a micromachines like game)      
  2. my sims series - this is alot more well story based ,    not life sim like the sims 3 which is also available on wii if you like that style better
  3. petz dogs 2-  a dog version of my sims    but by ubisoft   i found this one good . 
  4. manhunt 2   
  5. zack and wiki
  6. no more heroes 1/2
  7. conduit 
  8. goldeneye
  9. red steel 2 
  10. red steel 1-for those looking for split screen multiplayer besides cod goldeneye this is for you
  11. bloom box
  12. driver san francisco 
  13. driver paralell lines
  14. bully scholarship edition
  15. nascar 2011 
  16. nascar unleashed
  17. madden series
  18. cod obviously
  19. brothers in arms dt -2 games is better then one obviously so ya
  20. medal of honor vanguard
  21. medal of honor heroes 2  
  22. house of the dead series
  23. resident evil series -0 1/4 uc /dc
  24. cursed mountain  , this one plays some what like the original re i just never got far into it ,.   
  25. silent hill shattered memories
  26. family feud
  27. monopoly
  28. family game night series -the later 3 are definatelly fun party games if you want a break from marioparty or fourtune street
  29. guitar hero series

of course theres plenty more obscure games , im just getting tired of listing them for people. who are in capable of looking and trying new things

but to say wii has no 3rd party support is a lie .      if anything it just offers a different variety . then your hd twins  

I have to give it to the Wii. Nintendo will always be first or second in the exclusives running because of their timeless lineup of greats ... Mario, Zelda, Kirby ect.

Second place is a toss up for me. Xbox 360 has less in terms of quanity, but I would rather play a Halo, Gears, or even a crappy Fable game over most of what PS3 is offering, and it would seem most Sony fans would agree based on the lackluster sales of most of the Sony exclusives. Uncharted seems like the only break out exclusive Sony has this gen, and it is a game I could never get into.

Although I usually purchase the major exclusives for all 3 consoles, I find that I really only end up playing them for any length of time on the Wii. The best games of this gen are all third party so it really does not matter which has the better exclusives between PS3 and 360 in my eyes.

how many times will this generic, tired, beaten, lazy, post count increasing, circle beating, noob thread be created?

This topic should be banned

It's still the Wii, even tought recently I bought Demon's Souls and that made my choice harder.
I'm still halfway trough the game but I'm already quite sure it's in my Top3 for this gen.