By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - console market ohh noes ... Sonys doom!!

Oh, is it free to create a new control scheme?

I'll tell you. EA didnt spend a dime on inproving the PS3 graphics... ya'know how I know? The PS3 version looks like the Wii version. HA! 

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Around the Network
Kwaad said:
DoesWhatNintenDont said:

Oh I have no doubt that Sony will try and milk Playstation for all it's worth. But I should specify here, Nintendo continued to manufacture NES systems until 2003.

First of all you fanboy you are WRONG. The NES had it's production scrapped in 1996. a full 7 years EARLIER than you said. the SNES was canned in 2003. However I dont recall EVER seeing games for it after 1998. I saw PS1 games commonly up untill 2005. That gave it a actual 10 year cycle. I dont think the SNES was over 8 years.

So your 21 year lifespan on the NES dropped down to about 10.

Try not to bash sony, with AMAZINGLY wrong numbers. Thanks.

EDIT: And just to say this agian. Sony can NOT produce the PS3's fast enough. Stores are buying them as fast as they make them. Meaning Sony is shipping them the minute they are made. That means sony is NOT lying, Sony is stating the facts. Sony for... 'console' sales, only cares if it is sold to a retailer. Sony is still selling out to retailers. Ok. Sony is not lying. (sony never says it is not on store shelves)

Kwaad, you amuse me at times.

Are you familiar with what my screen name is from? If so that will tell you where my fanboy standings are. NES was my first system that I bought, ( before that I received an Atari 2600) but Nintendo has never been my favorite gaming company.

Also, I've due to Sony's hardware failing me, I have owned more Playstation consoles than you...so doesn't that make me a bigger Playstation fanboy than even yourself?

Also it would be nice if you actually read my posts once in awhile.

The 2003 number refers to JAPAN. I mentioned in a previous post in this thread that 1995 Nintendo of America stopped supporting it. It helps when you look at the full facts.

Just for reference, here is my exact statement:

"Do you know how long was NES around for example? NES was first available in 1983, Nintendo of America officially stopped supporting in 1995. In Japan the NES was officially supported until 2003! NES officially was supported for --TWENTY-- years!"

Again, this refers to the actual NES hardware production.

Perhaps it would be worth the time to read my quote from Ben Franklin in my profile. ...

"There are three types of lies : Lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli ( Made famous by Mark Twain )

PSN ID: DeviantPathways

Wii Number: 0081 3044 1559 2355

TalonMan said:
Kwaad said:
DoesWhatNintenDont said:

Oh I have no doubt that Sony will try and milk Playstation for all it's worth. But I should specify here, Nintendo continued to manufacture NES systems until 2003.

First of all you fanboy you are WRONG. The NES had it's production scrapped in 1996. a full 7 years EARLIER than you said. the SNES was canned in 2003. However I dont recall EVER seeing games for it after 1998. I saw PS1 games commonly up untill 2005. That gave it a actual 10 year cycle. I dont think the SNES was over 8 years.

So your 21 year lifespan on the NES dropped down to about 10.

Try not to bash sony, with AMAZINGLY wrong numbers. Thanks.

EDIT: And just to say this agian. Sony can NOT produce the PS3's fast enough. Stores are buying them as fast as they make them. Meaning Sony is shipping them the minute they are made. That means sony is NOT lying, Sony is stating the facts. Sony for... 'console' sales, only cares if it is sold to a retailer. Sony is still selling out to retailers. Ok. Sony is not lying. (sony never says it is not on store shelves) 

Didn't good 'ole Jack once dare anybody to find a PS3 on the shelves a few months ago??? While there were, even at that time, units to be found in just about any store you walked into?!?!?

Yeah - Sony never said such a thing... 

He even offered to give them $1,200 for each system they find.  Which caused the humorous penny arcade comic where they found 11 in less than an hour and demanded their $13,200 from Sony.