By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - console market ohh noes ... Sonys doom!!

@Hus, 

"pussy" like uh.... the cat?

or pussy like in...uh... when you pop a pimple? 

Around the Network

yep like a pussy cat.

people, my girlfriend is from slovakia and she learned me some

words in slovak / czech language

when you translate HUS from slovak to english it means

GOOSE

its weird to think every day about goose !

but the best is: HUS makes me every day smiling :) 

your mother said:
stof said:
FishyJoe said:
You didn't perhaps work in the former Iraq Information Ministry?

Worse. He's from Fox News.

No, from the Iraq Information Ministry.

Fox News would hire native-English-level staff who are capable of expressing themselves in full sentences...

Maybe because Fox is a news network in an English speaking country???

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

ckmlb said:
your mother sd:
stof said:
FishyJoe said:
You didn't perhaps work in the former Iraq Information Ministry?

Worse. He's from Fox News.

No, from the Iraq Information Ministry.

Fox News would hire native-English-level staff who are capable of expressing themselves in full sentences...

Maybe because Fox is a news network in an English speaking country???

O rly?

I think you are missing the point by a nautical mile... 

Around the Network
Hus said:
USa March sales.

PlayStation 2 280K
Wii 259K
Xbox 360 199K
PlayStation 3 130K
GameCube 22K

Console market share.

Sony - 46%
Nin - 31%
MS - 22%

46% market share - looks good for Sony then, doesn't it?

PS2 beat Wii and 360 while PS3 slaughtered the Gamecube, with these numbers they're surely heading for a bright future.

Vienna said:

people, my girlfriend is from slovakia and she learned me some

words in slovak / czech language

when you translate HUS from slovak to english it means

GOOSE

its weird to think every day about goose !

but the best is: HUS makes me every day smiling :) 

Well hus in Swedish = house...

Back to the topic...PS2 will sell at least until 2009, might continue to give Wii a lot of games. Which also means that Sony can continue to cash in on PS2.

PS3 is saldy not that good, it desperate needs some big name games. Motorstrom might be a great game (I haven't played it) but it is unproven.

Sony has the total biggest consol market, Nintendo has the total game machin sells and the nex gen hardware.

So overall we could say that Sony could have waited untill end of 2008 with the PS3 worked longer with it and launched it for a cheaper price, and tons of good games.

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

@ robjoh

So overall we could say that Sony could have waited untill end of 2008 with the PS3 worked longer with it and launched it for a cheaper price, and tons of good games.

From a larger perspective the PS3 helps Sony with HDTV sales and enhances the prospects for Blu-Ray movies for the long term.

Globally speaking the PS2 is competitive with the Nintendo Wii and the PS3 is competitive with the XBox 360. I don't think a PS3 delay would have been beneficial to the big picture. I think the real next gen wars will start next christmas. By then PS3 Home and some high profile games will be available.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Delaying the PS3 wouldnt have helped .The problem Sony has is that no games are being released for it in Japan ,few exclusives in NA and Europe .That and the price ,of course .The games problem comes from the fact that it is receiving ports from PC and X360 games ,and the japanese product that can differentiate it (Unknow Realms ,Ninja Gaiden Sigma ,Hot Shots Golf 5 ,My Summer Vacation 5 ,PES ,Devil May Cry 4 ,White Knight Story ,MGS IV ,Final Fantasy XIII ,XIII Versus ,Fatal Inertia ,Hundred Year War Bladestorm ,Eye of Judgement ,Tekken 6 ) is taking way too much time arriving to stores .

Games as HOt Shots GOlf and Fatal Inertia were said to be well advanced for july last year ,the issue is that with the delay of the PS3 to november and the impression they needed to refine their games to be in the tech edge many developers have adopted a wait and see approach while they develop their titles .The PS3 is suffering righ now in Japan of a software drought of high magnitude .On the other markets it simply has too few exclusive games and even the multiplattforms are only ports from the X360 .

Sony can turn the tide .For Japan they need a price drop and some good games ,for Occident they need that and some extra things (Home ,keep free online ,better Store ,exclusives ... ) .

Hus said:
souixan said:
Hus said:
USa March sales.

PlayStation 2 280K
Wii 259K
Xbox 360 199K
PlayStation 3 130K
GameCube 22K

Console market share.

Sony - 46%
Nin - 31%
MS - 22%

damn....
Why are we leaivng out GBA, DS and PSP? Those %'s would change pretty quickly ^^;

CONSOLE.

I call console hardware handhelds are hardware according to every chart I've ever read but then I guess difference of opinion..

I refer to them as handheld gaming platforms which would make them handheld consoles