By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - console market ohh noes ... Sonys doom!!

Looking at the figures the PS3 made the same if not more money back from hardware sales compared to the Wii. Of course Sony is selling them at a loss so really thats a mute argument...

Good to see this site is still going 

Around the Network
your mother said:
stof said:
FishyJoe said:
You didn't perhaps work in the former Iraq Information Ministry?

Worse. He's from Fox News.

No, from the Iraq Information Ministry.

Fox News would hire native-English-level staff who are capable of expressing themselves in full sentences...

You ever watched Fox news? Hus would fit in pretty damn well, right between John Gibson and Bill O'reilly.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

This is what I hate about sale stats:

You can always turn em around like the way you want em... (Look at HUS' post...)

And then he replies: Ah go cry little fanboys, go kiddy go...

Fact is: Wii is poownin PS3... Ds is poownin PSP... U'r just trying to say Sony is winnin (Which it isn't, just as much as you want it...) I do recognize however, that PS2 is still strong but that is Last GEN!

THE NETHERLANDS

I had to post how you use "hus" in Finland. It's when, for example you drive a cat from the table, you say "hus" to it. So in english the comparable word would be something like "shoo" (did i write it correctly?).

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

These sales whildt bad in the short term are also having a long term impact i.e people see that the PS3 isnt doing great so that makes more people wait to get one because they dont want to pay more money for something which could flop a la saturn, this then makes next months sales slower as people wait and see which again deters more people creating a cycle, i really want to be a PS3 fanboy and buy one but im not sure its worth the risk

Hi, i'm solojohlo and i'm pretty fucking awesome

Around the Network
Hus said:
USa March sales.

PlayStation 2 280K
Wii 259K
Xbox 360 199K
PlayStation 3 130K
GameCube 22K

Console market share.

Sony - 46%
Nin - 31%
MS - 22%

damn....

No no Hus, you've got the quote wrong there. It goes:

"There are three types of lies: Lies, damned lies, and Statistics" - Benjamin Disraeli

"There are three types of lies : Lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli ( Made famous by Mark Twain )

PSN ID: DeviantPathways

Wii Number: 0081 3044 1559 2355

Ok guys. I'm gonna stand beside Hus for once... maybe the only time.

But guys, your saying you can twist numbers any way you want?

Saying that you have to count handhelds. Look Nintendo Dominates the handheld market.  The Handheld market is NOT a home-console. Diffrent people buy them. People are more inclined to buy more than one. They are easier to break, and when they break your most likely gonna be buying a new one. (the quality applies more to the PSP than DS but still)

Sony is cleaning up the home console market... STILL. When the games come to the PS3 the sales will go up (percentage compared to 360/wii (if it's not still supply constrained)). The big question... When will the PS2 sales drop?!

Will the PS2 be the first console in history to win 2 generations in a row!?!?! 

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

MikeB said:

@ robjoh

So overall we could say that Sony could have waited untill end of 2008 with the PS3 worked longer with it and launched it for a cheaper price, and tons of good games.

From a larger perspective the PS3 helps Sony with HDTV sales and enhances the prospects for Blu-Ray movies for the long term.

Globally speaking the PS2 is competitive with the Nintendo Wii and the PS3 is competitive with the XBox 360. I don't think a PS3 delay would have been beneficial to the big picture. I think the real next gen wars will start next christmas. By then PS3 Home and some high profile games will be available.

First I should read what I write before posting I meant 2007.

Second what do you mean with the real nexgen war? I mean al three contendors are out.

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

These numbers are GROSS sales.

PS2 - 36,400,000 - 14%
Wii - 64,750,000 - 25%
360 - 74,625,000 - 29%
PS3 - 78,000,000 - 30%

Total - 253,775,000

And for the brand names.

Sony - 44%
Microsoft - 29%
Nintendo - 25%

OMGZOR. Everyone hates sony, and no-one is buying their stuff. Looks like the most money is being spent on sony products... Sony has lost. 

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Ok, so if the Wii sells 80M, and PS3 only sells 40M, then by your definition PS3 wins because people spent more money total on it?  I doubt devs will see it that way. ;>

Don't forget that Wii would've sold double if it had had the supply out there, and PS2 got a temporary bump from GoW2.  The fact that it's the PS2 isn't really relevant, if the GC or Xbox had won last gen it'd be that one up there, it has no bearing on the current gen cycle.