By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Capello quits as England manager!

What about Rafa Benitez? I'm spanish and I wonder how's his reputation in England now :)

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Around the Network

Warnock is a buffoon... But he's funny

Carl2291 said:
Warnock is a buffoon... But he's funny

Surely Holloway would have the comedy value vote...

VGChartz

Holloway would be brilliant, but I like Blackpool and want him to stay

I agree. The Bristolian legand Holloway is the best choice for the job.

Around the Network
zuvuyeay said:
vaio said:
zuvuyeay said:
kennyrester said:
zuvuyeay said:
i hear the money wasn't enough,

being a big tottenahm fan it is kind of worrying,we have a chance to beat the russians and the goons and everything is trying to derail us

i like capello but he never really fitted with england,we don't need tactics we just want wingers and have a bloody good go for 90mins,its a lot more fun

could be fun at the euros now,we are always a threat because we score goals,not the best but defo a danger when we can just roll with the punches blow for blow,the english way

We don't need tactics... This, this is the problem. You'd probably want Gerrard and Lampard in the same team too.

I wonder will 'Appy 'Arry really want the job. Spurs are playing better now than in god knows how long and he has a real chance of winning something major with them (or a better chance than he'd have with England), which would be the highlight of his career. 

And will Levy let him go I wonder. I heard it mooted that he might do both jobs part time 'til May. Not sure if that's the best idea but it looks like the media have given him the job already.

tell me about capello tactics in south africa,i'm all ears or svens

i'd rather just let them run free with the wind in their hair,we should be about scoring more goals than them,not sitting back and trying to be italian

Next time you wonder why England never wins big tournaments and only one 1 so far just go back to your own posts here and look  for the answer.

i don't wonder why england don't win big tournaments and does thatgo for all the other major nationsthat don't win big tournaments when only 1 wins every 4 years

i jsut want us to play english style football and enjoy it,i don't care about losing

Tell you about Capello and Sven's tactics? Why don't you tell me about McLaren's? Is that what you mean when you say English style football? You might not care about winning tournaments but he didn't get you to the Euros at all. Do you really want to go back to that?

England have been trying to find the Right Man For The Job for 46 years now, and with Capello they had a proven winner on their hands, one of  the most successful managers in the world winning trophies everywhere he went. Until he came to England. Makes you think the problem is a much deeper one than just finding a good manager.

There's a major trophy every two years, not four and off the top of my head I would guess that England have gone a lot longer than any other major football nation without winning a trophy.

All that said I do think 'Arry is a pretty decent manager and he'll probably do as well as anyone i.e. get knocked out by the first good team they play.

I just think the "Tactics? Fuck off back to Europe" attitude of the fans and media holds back the England team. Which, being Irish, is fine by me.

kennyrester said:
All that said I do think 'Arry is a pretty decent manager and he'll probably do as well as anyone i.e. get knocked out by the first good team they play.

I just think the "Tactics? Fuck off back to Europe" attitude of the fans and media holds back the England team. Which, being Irish, is fine by me.

who is saying tactics fuck off,in such a horrible way,we've italian tactic for 12 years without a semi final

i'm not saying our way is the best at all,we are not,and why are you so angry,you are not even english

bobby robson got us to the semis in 90 he is english,do you think he is shit like mclaren

i don;t understand why you are portraying us so one dimensional,iliked sven he got us to the qurter finals,we lsot to brasil in searing humidity with danny mills and trevor sinclair playing and were undone by a freak ronaldhino freekick

what exactly is your problem,are you looking for perfection or what,after capello i'd like to be able to understand a sentence the english manager is saying

what about argentina,holland,portugal,france are their so superior tactics winning them world cups every touranment

so what if we get knocked out by good teams,it happens to everyone except the winner,

i don't mind hiddink or mourinho if he wanted but i don't mind giving an englisman the chance to manage his own country either

Above & Beyond

zuvuyeay said:

freak ronaldhino freekick

Ah... I remember that.... but a bit different....

I only saw an old man who couldn't jump up

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:
zuvuyeay said:

freak ronaldhino freekick

Ah... I remember that.... but a bit different....

I only saw an old man who couldn't jump up

haha,yes well he was blamed but i like to think ronny was really crossing even he didn't think seamne was that shit

if you know who danny mills and trevor sinclair is,we did well to even battle brasil in that kind of heat

Above & Beyond