By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Capello quits as England manager!

digitalnasties said:

The first time in years Sunderland win on network TV and Fabio Capello screws us, and everyone forgets about the match.

so true,i was going to tune in but just stayed witht the radio,but you won so have the gooners up next that should get you on tv again

i have a funny feeling you and o'neil coould go all the way to wembley this year,unless you meet the mighty spurs of course 

Above & Beyond

Around the Network
zuvuyeay said:
i hear the money wasn't enough,

being a big tottenahm fan it is kind of worrying,we have a chance to beat the russians and the goons and everything is trying to derail us

i like capello but he never really fitted with england,we don't need tactics we just want wingers and have a bloody good go for 90mins,its a lot more fun

could be fun at the euros now,we are always a threat because we score goals,not the best but defo a danger when we can just roll with the punches blow for blow,the english way

We don't need tactics... This, this is the problem. You'd probably want Gerrard and Lampard in the same team too.

I wonder will 'Appy 'Arry really want the job. Spurs are playing better now than in god knows how long and he has a real chance of winning something major with them (or a better chance than he'd have with England), which would be the highlight of his career. 

And will Levy let him go I wonder. I heard it mooted that he might do both jobs part time 'til May. Not sure if that's the best idea but it looks like the media have given him the job already.

kennyrester said:
zuvuyeay said:

being a big tottenahm fan it is kind of worrying,we have a chance to beat the russians and the goons and everything is trying to derail us

i like capello but he never really fitted with england,we don't need tactics we just want wingers and have a bloody good go for 90mins,its a lot more fun

could be fun at the euros now,we are always a threat because we score goals,not the best but defo a danger when we can just roll with the punches blow for blow,the english way

We don't need tactics... This, this is the problem. You'd probably want Gerrard and Lampard in the same team too.

I wonder will 'Appy 'Arry really want the job. Spurs are playing better now than in god knows how long and he has a real chance of winning something major with them (or a better chance than he'd have with England), which would be the highlight of his career. 

And will Levy let him go I wonder. I heard it mooted that he might do both jobs part time 'til May. Not sure if that's the best idea but it looks like the media have given him the job already.

tell me about capello tactics in south africa,i'm all ears or svens

i'd rather just let them run free with the wind in their hair,we should be about scoring more goals than them,not sitting back and trying to be italian

Above & Beyond

zuvuyeay said:
kennyrester said:
zuvuyeay said:

i'd rather just let them run free with the wind in their hair,we should be about scoring more goals than them,not sitting back and trying to be italian

Next time you wonder why England never wins big tournaments and only one 1 so far just go back to your own posts here and look  for the answer.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

man-bear-pig said:
NiKKoM said:
man-bear-pig said:
Good riddance to bad rubbish! Oh, and England will win Euro 2012. You heard it here first folks.

lol... with no captain and no manager just 4 months before the tournament? who is gonna do it? Redknapp?

Yes redknapp is perfect for the job. He is probably the best manager in England at the moment, and the players can actually understand what he says!

The best manager in England would surely have to be Alex Ferguson, but there isn't a chance in hell of him leaving Man U. That leaves Redknapp as the best option for England.

Around the Network

good riddance, capello.  foreign managers have failed to guide England to a tournament victory.

install an english born manager now! for manager: rednap, hoddle or beckham.

appoint wayne rooney as captain. the best player should be the captain of the national team.

I'm glad he's gone, never did like him.

Hmm, pie.

I'm not sure who I'd like to replace him though, Redknapp, is all well and good but I have bitter taste after he bankrupt us, heck I don't like it he bankrupt Portsmouth either. Not that he can with England so maybe it's for the best to save Tottenham.

England won't win the next tournement, just because we don't win. We'll get to semis and lose to Spain or Germany, it's the rules. 

Our team, well, after the world cup they need to get rid of the old and useless. I don't care if Terry is captain or whatever, he's old and useless, same with lampard. Some of these players treat being picked for England as a right not a privilege.

New team, fill it with inspirational youngster that have proved themselves in the premiership. Phil Jones and Smalling as centre defenders, chamberlain and Walcott on the wings. Let Rooney and Welbeck up front, keeping working pairs together. Parker as hard working captain. Heck, if Ledley King is back give him the reigns.

Hmm, pie.

vaio said:
zuvuyeay said:
kennyrester said:
zuvuyeay said:

Next time you wonder why England never wins big tournaments and only one 1 so far just go back to your own posts here and look  for the answer.

i don't wonder why england don't win big tournaments and does thatgo for all the other major nationsthat don't win big tournaments when only 1 wins every 4 years

i jsut want us to play english style football and enjoy it,i don't care about losing

Above & Beyond

England should get Guus Hiddink, while his last spell at Turkey and Russia didn't go to well, he's still a master in tournament games..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!)