By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GamrDebate: Is the Playstation Vita already doomed?

Is the Vita 'dead on arrival'?

Yes! 323 45.69%

No! 283 40.03%

See results. 100 14.14%

Total:706

It doesn't need to be number 1 in order to be successful. I think Sony learned their lesson now and we will see a steady stream of games being pumped out throughout the year. With the PSP, I think Sony was successful in creating their own niche for themselves.

Around the Network

Like so many others have said, it's not doomed just because it sells low or bad. As long as it makes profit it's all good (unlike Sony as a whole).

And why not discuss this After they release it instead?

It's not dead on arrival but if they don't start to advertise, like right now, then it could be a problem. I have not seen one tv advert or anything here in the Uk. Except for the hardcore gamers, most other people i know don't even know that the vita is. Not good enough..

thehusbo said:
It's not dead on arrival but if they don't start to advertise, like right now, then it could be a problem. I have not seen one tv advert or anything here in the Uk. Except for the hardcore gamers, most other people i know don't even know that the vita is. Not good enough..

Now, this is a valid discussion. Every single time I talk about Vita no one never have a clue about what I'm talking about. The truth is that most people even completely forgot about the PSP as it's been frecuently overshadowed by the DS and, in recent times, smartphones.

Advertisement helped the 3DS a lot. PSV needs the same treatment!

I was just at gamestop and the first thing you see is the psvita rack with Uncharted, hot shots gold, army corps of hell, ninja gaiden, blazblue, MVC3, wipeout and more. Thats pretty hard to argue with. IF its not a success it won't be through lack of effort.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Around the Network
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
thehusbo said:

Now, this is a valid discussion. Every single time I talk about Vita no one never have a clue about what I'm talking about. The truth is that most people even completely forgot about the PSP as it's been frecuently overshadowed by the DS and, in recent times, smartphones.

Ye, not only is it lacking consumer awareness but another issue is that people that have heard of it just think its a new psp with a touchscreen and a few new features. Sony really needs to convince people this is not the case, because until then existing psp owners who felt let down by its support may be turned away.

Idk if I can stand seeing another article talking about the Vitas "doom". For an industry that talks about its concern for its future, its amazing how much game journalists and the like have done to try to bring this consoles failure before its release. I wonder how many ppl have been deterred from even considering a Vita bc of all the doom news they've read.

Vita released in a country that likes a particular type of game, and American/European style games are NOT this type of game. This is Sony's fault for prioritizing the release of Vita in Japan before the West bc of the games in the launch lineup. But none of this means the Vita will fail in America/Europe. Its a brilliant, sleek device with an unprecedented launch lineup. It has an incredible amount of stuff going for it. Sony does need to appeal more to the younger crowd in the near future and probably drop the price eventually as well.

If Vita ends up failing, then so be it; but just let the thing release first.

Well, I would say that poor sales in Japan is a fairly bad sign since that was the PSP's strongest territory. Japan was its best shot.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
thehusbo said:

Yeah, it needs to be in a Justin Bieber music video also! lol

DOA? Lol. Will almost certainly not reach PSP numbers, as 3DS won't reach DS's.