By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Belgium Console and Software Sales 2007 (GfK)

MikeB said:
@ Neos

I strongly doubt the 360 sells better in the Netherlands, based on the rate I saw PS3 units disappearing from Media Markt pallets compared to the 360 around christmas and based on research surveys, the PS3 was even more preferred amongst Dutch kids than the Wii for Christmas.

So you claim, i see other stuff happening at the mediamarkt where my mate works at..

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network
Neos said:
MikeB said:
@ Neos

I strongly doubt the 360 sells better in the Netherlands, based on the rate I saw PS3 units disappearing from Media Markt pallets compared to the 360 around christmas and based on research surveys, the PS3 was even more preferred amongst Dutch kids than the Wii for Christmas.

So you claim, i see other stuff happening at the mediamarkt where my mate works at..

Strange on some Dutch forums they say PS3 sells better (from people who work in MM)...

@ Neos

Anyway the only objective data we have right now:

Top 5 christmas wishlist for my country (Dutch aged 12-18, consultancy bureau Ernst & Young survey):

Girls:

1) shoes or accessories (72 percent)
2) laptop (54 percent)
3) new mobile phone (46 percent)
4) weekend trip (45 percent)
5) iPod (42 percent)

Boys:

1) laptop (48 percent)
2) new mobile telephone (44 percent)
3) Playstation 3 (43 percent)
4) iPod (43 percent)
5) PSP (39 percent)

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

MikeB said:
@ Neos

Top 5 christmas wishlist for my country (Dutch aged 12-18, consultancy bureau Ernst & Young survey):

Girls:

2) laptop (54 percent)
5) iPod (42 percent)

Boys:

1) laptop (48 percent)
4) iPod (43 percent)
5) PSP (39 percent)

woot lol!, i've done a presentation for Ernst & Young =)

Ps3 IS doing well in EU....

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
MikeB said:
@ Neos

Girls:

2) laptop (54 percent)
5) iPod (42 percent)

Boys:

1) laptop (48 percent)
4) iPod (43 percent)
5) PSP (39 percent)

Please not this survey crap again MikeB, wishlists is not the same as actual sales. There is no recent news about actual sales in the Netherlands available as far as I know.

koffieboon said:
MikeB said:
@ Neos

Girls:

2) laptop (54 percent)
5) iPod (42 percent)

Boys:

1) laptop (48 percent)
4) iPod (43 percent)
5) PSP (39 percent)

Please not this survey crap again MikeB, wishlists is not the same as actual sales. There is no recent news about actual sales in the Netherlands available as far as I know.

ignore it, we know better..

konnichiwa said:
Neos said:
MikeB said:
@ Neos

Strange on some Dutch forums they say PS3 sells better (from people who work in MM)...

Just out of curiousity, which forums are those? I wonder what exactly they have to say.

koffieboon said:
konnichiwa said:
Neos said:
MikeB said:
@ Neos

Just out of curiousity, which forums are those? I wonder what exactly they have to say.

You can find some people who work in Mediamarkt on those forums:

Gunk:
http://forum.gunk.be/index.php

Game Mania:

http://www.gamemania.be/go2/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=index

OPM:

http://forum.playstationmagazine.be/forum/index.php?act=idx

@ koffieboon

I didn't claim that, I just pointed out preference. Personally if my kid (if I had kids) prefers a PS3 but likes the PS2 or Wii as well, I would buy the kid a PS2 or Wii instead and maybe buy a PS3 slimline a christmas in the future.

IMO research data like this isn't crap, I think it's actually very interesting just like any other related data if researched well enough.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales