By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Belgium Console and Software Sales 2007 (GfK)

As for Switzerland, PS3 is still the leading console here (besides handhelds obviously)
So "Other Europe" seem to strongly favor Sony.

http://www.siea.ch/home_fr/news/pressreleasesoverview/siea_-_marktzahlen.Pars.0002.File.tmp/pm_siea_071119_f.pdf

Around the Network
MikeB said:
@ koffieboon

Please not this survey crap again MikeB, wishlists is not the same as actual sales. There is no recent news about actual sales in the Netherlands available as far as I know.

I didn't claim that, I just pointed out preference. Personally if my kid (if I had kids) prefers a PS3 but likes the PS2 or Wii as well, I would buy the kid a PS2 or Wii instead and maybe buy a PS3 slimline a christmas in the future.

IMO research data like this isn't crap, I think it's actually very interesting just like any other related data if researched well enough.

It's crap when your using boys 12-18 to judge a whole country...

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

@Videogirl: That report is only about Q3, so it doesn't give any numbers for current marketshare. It does say PS3 was the best selling console in Q3 in Switzerland, but we have no idea about the actual difference between the consoles.

@konnichiwa: Do you happen to have a link to an actual sales related thread? Cause this way it is pretty hard to find. Btw, those are all Belgian forums, are there really a lot of Dutch people there?

@ gebx

IMO not if you specify this clearly like I did, actually I think this survey was actually more interesting for this age group as surveys from other countries showed a preference towards the Wii, ranking above the PS3. Kids and females in general preferring the Wii and the PS3 being preferred by males (aged 16 and upwards) for the US (BTW anyone knows when we will get NPD data?).

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

koffieboon said:

@konnichiwa: Do you happen to have a link to an actual sales related thread? Cause this way it is pretty hard to find. Btw, those are all Belgian forums, are there really a lot of Dutch people there?

^^'' I mean with Dutch forums also  =  Forums in Dutch..

Uhm on OPM forum 30% are from the Netherlands..

I don't know witch thread it is where some MM workers said that PS3 sells pretty well.

If you want I can give you the name of a person who works there and who is on the OPM forum.

Grannd  (Hij is van Den Haag).

Then you also have Yuri  (He is belgian though but also works in MM).  

Around the Network

well i live in holland and just with checking friends ps3 wins, i know 5 with a ps3 about 2 with a 360 and 3 with a wii.

@konnichiwa: Grandd works at MM Den Haag? And Yuri also works in a Dutch MM?

Edit: And since we were talking about how the situation in the Netherlands would compare to Belgium I assumed you would give some info that was related to the Netherlands, not Belgium.

MikeB said:
@ gebx

IMO not if you specify this clearly like I did, actually I think this survey was actually more interesting for this age group as surveys from other countries showed a preference towards the Wii, ranking above the PS3. Kids and females in general preferring the Wii and the PS3 being preferred by males (aged 16 and upwards) for the US (BTW anyone knows when we will get NPD data?).

I'm not saying its a bad poll, or the source is bad. I'm just saying you shouldn't use boys 12-18 as a measurement for a whole country.

Unless you can also add a source that states the buying power of that age group or the influence they have on their parents then those stats are basically useless. 

Clearly stating something unimportant doesn't suddenly make it relevant.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

@ gebx

Clearly stating something unimportant doesn't suddenly make it relevant.

It's relevant, if a kid doesn't want a PS3 for christmas, I think there's a 99.9% chance the kid will not get one, unless of course dad buys one using the phrase "for the kids" as an excuse.

Also these kids will reach maturity before the end of the PS3's lifecycle.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

I have some old SCE Benelux data here (September 2007), but it may be useful to the discussion.

Sony figures:

PS2: 2M (LTD) Attach Rate: 11
PSP: 430K (LTD) Attach Rate: 4
PS3: 100K (LTD) Attach Rate: 3

This is from before the PS3 pricedrop and the report in the first post claimed 1/3 of Belgian sales were in the last six weeks of the year, so I'd guess a very rough ballpark figure of somewhere around 200K PS3 in Benelux now, probably split around 50/50 between Belgium and netherlands. Seeing as they seem to be doing pretty well in Benelux, we may get some updated figures from SCE Benelux soon.

Link

Link