By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Sales 1/23 ~ 1/29

Tales of innocence R=port of a 4 year old DS game, anybody with a DS or 3DS can play the game.

So why is anybody surprised it didn't sell massively?

Around the Network
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
NintendoPie said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
VGKing said:
Vita > PSP + 1 Vita game in Top 3!
Thank God. Now let's see how websites spin this.

My guess: "Only one Vita title made it to this weeks top 20! Even the old PSP managed to get 100% more titles than the Vita up there!"

Just like they did with the 3DS.

They did? :O

Lol you didn't notice?

NintendoPie said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
NintendoPie said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
VGKing said:

My guess: "Only one Vita title made it to this weeks top 20! Even the old PSP managed to get 100% more titles than the Vita up there!"

Lol you didn't notice?

Well, yeah... But not as massively as my example xD

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
NintendoPie said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
NintendoPie said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
VGKing said:

Lol you didn't notice?

Well, yeah... But not as massively as my example xD

True but there are still those troll-y critics out there! XD

Claymore said:

Tales of innocence R=port of a 4 year old DS game, anybody with a DS or 3DS can play the game.

So why is anybody surprised it didn't sell massively?

No, it wasnt a port. It was a remake. New graphics, remade story, remade gameplay, more party members.

The game was a half assed effort when it released on the DS and its a full proper game in the Vita.

But, the sales raise an important fact. A straight tales of the abyss port on the 3DS (no adeed content aside some 3D on story sequences) sold more than a full fledged Tales of Innocence Remake on the PS vita.

I hope Namco gets the hint. They should be releasing these on the 3DS if they want more sales.

It is very interesting to see that the 3DS seems to be gathering both old PSP owners and DS owners. I think this is due to the 3D polygons capabilities that seemed to be severely lacking on the DS.

Around the Network

Still, the VITA's doing better and the 3DS is holding up well, thats great news overall!

NintendoPie said:
Still, the VITA's doing better and the 3DS is holding up well, thats great news overall!

I agree - anything is better than seeing actual video game companies giving up on handhelds because of smartphones. 

Vita needs Monster Hunter.

RazoDigimax said:
NintendoPie said:

I agree - anything is better than seeing actual video game companies giving up on handhelds because of smartphones. 

I don't think the Handheld industry will be gone so soon. They are still doing good.

3DS > Everything, as it should be.

Carl2291 said:
3DS > Everything, as it should be.

Do you have a 3DS?