NintendoPie said:
sales2099 said:
pezus said:
NintendoPie said:
pezus said:
sales2099 said:
Lol Nintendo timed it perfectly

Resident Evil > Tales of Innocence

Didnt even make Vita crack 20 000, nevermind the 84000 the 3ds did.

I don't think the release date has anything to do with Nintendo ( or Sony)

I think Nintendo has to except the release dates of games, no?

I don't know, but this was mostly Capcom's work.

But Nintendo ultimately decides a specific date or week. 

Either way, no matter how you slice it, RE released the same week as Vitas first semi-relevant title. This caused 3DS to gain more spotlight and minimalize the Vita boost. 

Excellent move by Nintendo, coincidence or not. 

Its not a coincidence. They've done it several times now. XD

lol timing Mario Kart, Mario 3D and Monster Hunter when the Vita launched was too funny! We all know the sales difference there :P

You can call it a smash attack. :S I never saw this side of Nintendo, usually it was always the competition I saw do that, but this is counter-measure eye-poppingly anticipative (especially monster hunter, how did they keep it secret so close to release? Announced Sept '11, Released Dec '11).

@NintendoPie. I also expect a Fall release. The template, engine and much of the art already exists for it. Hopefully they will use the remaining time to add some exciting innovations. I sure believe so. ;)

Around the Network
happydolphin said:
sales2099 said:
NintendoPie said:
sales2099 said:
pezus said:
NintendoPie said:
pezus said:
sales2099 said:
Lol Nintendo timed it perfectly

Resident Evil > Tales of Innocence

Didnt even make Vita crack 20 000, nevermind the 84000 the 3ds did.

I don't think the release date has anything to do with Nintendo ( or Sony)

I think Nintendo has to except the release dates of games, no?

I don't know, but this was mostly Capcom's work.

But Nintendo ultimately decides a specific date or week. 

Either way, no matter how you slice it, RE released the same week as Vitas first semi-relevant title. This caused 3DS to gain more spotlight and minimalize the Vita boost. 

Excellent move by Nintendo, coincidence or not. 

Its not a coincidence. They've done it several times now. XD

lol timing Mario Kart, Mario 3D and Monster Hunter when the Vita launched was too funny! We all know the sales difference there :P

You can call it a smash attack. :S I never saw this side of Nintendo, usually it was always the competition I saw do that, but this is counter-measure eye-poppingly anticipative (especially monster hunter, how did they keep it secret so close to release? Announced Sept '11, Released Dec '11).

@NintendoPie. I also expect a Fall release. The template, engine and much of the art already exists for it. Hopefully they will use the remaining time to add some exciting innovations. I sure believe so. ;)

What are you replying? Which game are you talking about? XD

Nintendo is 

NintendoPie said:
happydolphin said:
sales2099 said:

What are you replying? Which game are you talking about? XD

Nintendo is 

I was replying to Sales, but took the opportunity to address your reply to Rol. We do that here. ;) I was talking about Super Mario 2D for 3DS.
I like the gif :)

RolStoppable said:
happydolphin said:

The Wii was deliberately launched on November 19th, 2006. Two days after the PS3. All the positive mainstream media press went to Nintendo.

Maybe that's why you think that many things about the Wii were mistakes, because you don't realize the magnitude of the things that Nintendo did right.

@bold. Quite possible.

@Wii launch. That's ... . Oh Rol. It's Chrsitmas season, and Nov is a trad year for Nintendo to release its consoles. The cube came out in NA on November 18th 2001. It has nothing to do with eclipsing Sony. Even the 64 came out in Sept 2006, which is in the typical fall season. It gives Ninty enough time to ramp up holiday sales on their console and ensure a solid base. But you didn't figure that one since in europe, the cube was launched on May 3rd 2002 and the N64 in March 1997, as Wikipedia tells me. Just wanted you to know.

RolStoppable said:
NintendoPie said:
RolStoppable said:
The 3DS needs the recently announced 2D Mario game as soon as possible. All doubts in the platform need to be erased.

From the comments on here not many people have doubts in it anymore. Everyone is saying that its great its great its doing well, which it is doing well. 

That 2D Mario doesn't need to be released until Spring... It actually must come out before the Wii U so it won't side-track potential Wii U customers. My Holiday 2D Mario for the 3DS prediction has been erased I now predict it will come out Spring to early Fall of this year or Holiday of next year.

It's not important what people on this forum say. It's about third parties who constantly doubt the longevity and viability of a Nintendo system.

Then again, I have to say something to the people on here who say that the 3DS is doing great: No, it's not. You just got used to the pitiful Japanese hardware charts of the last couple of years. The DS was pushing 150k units per week on average and it could have been more, if it hadn't been for production shortages. The 3DS isn't even close at this point. There's no time for Nintendo to take it easy yet, there's still a lot of work waiting ahead.

I never said Nintendo needed to take it easy. The truth is they don't, like you said, they should always be working and keeping their guard up. Nintendo is stepping out of their own little world into a broader area. They are trying to get into online better, making HD, and competing head on with the other three companys. They do need to keep striving for better and better because the other companys are becoming real competators. Last gen Nintendo had the new thing, this gen they really don't. They still have their Popular Franchises but not the magnitude of innovation like last generation. So yes, they cant slouch.

No one was comparing the 3DS's sales to the DS's. If you do look at it that way though they don't look as impresive. They are for sure better than what it was doing though and compared to all the other consoles in Japan the 3DS is leading.

Around the Network

PSVita finally managed to jump ahead of the PSP. About time. Good Resident Evil Revelations numbers as well. How is the PS2 still selling? I'm aware that it's only like 700 units but still. Who in their right mind would think to themselves, "Hmmmm I think I'm going to go pick up a PS2 even though the thing is 10+ years old, it's succesor has been out for 6 years, and it's succesor's succesor will be out in the next couple years (or at least I think so)." It's basically like going and buying a Gameboy Adavance or an Xbox (I know they aren't making those anymore. It's just some examples). Just something that has always confused me.

monkeymonk65 said:
PSVita finally managed to jump ahead of the PSP. About time. Good Resident Evil Revelations numbers as well. How is the PS2 still selling? I'm aware that it's only like 700 units but still. Who in their right mind would think to themselves, "Hmmmm I think I'm going to go pick up a PS2 even though the thing is 10+ years old, it's succesor has been out for 6 years, and it's succesor's succesor will be out in the next couple years (or at least I think so)." It's basically like going and buying a Gameboy Adavance or an Xbox (I know they aren't making those anymore. It's just some examples). Just something that has always confused me.

Just sayin'; if my Nintendo 64 broke I'd buy a new one asap. Replacement is mainly what these sales are about.

RolStoppable said:
happydolphin said:

@bold. Quite possible.

@Wii launch. That's ... . Oh Rol. It's Chrsitmas season, and Nov is a trad year for Nintendo to release its consoles. The cube came out in NA on November 18th 2001. It has nothing to do with eclipsing Sony. Even the 64 came out in Sept 2006, which is in the typical fall season. It gives Ninty enough time to ramp up holiday sales on their console and ensure a solid base. But you didn't figure that one since in europe, the cube was launched on May 3rd 2002 and the N64 in March 1997, as Wikipedia tells me. Just wanted you to know.

That's a double standard. You can't praise 3DS releases coming out near the Vita launch during the holiday season and then go on to call the Wii launch a normal holiday thing that had nothing to do with the launch date of the PS3. A launch date that was known since E3. Then a couple of months later it became clear that Sony had problems with the production of PS3 units which would lead to a limited launch. Nintendo hadn't announced a launch date at this point and then in September they picked November 19th. It was a deliberate move to launch in the same week as Sony, because the launch of the PS2 successor would get great media attention and the Wii eclipsing those numbers would make for a good story.

Besides, your historical evidence doesn't hold water.

"One console launched in September, another in November, so it's normal for Nintendo to launch in November."

But honestly, this is actually so silly that you must be joking.

Bud, it's never happened before, to have a Mario, a Mario Kart and a Monster Hunter release nearly at the same time (Fall to Holiday release), all at the same time RIGHT at Vita launch. This isn't a double-standard, and as I've said the typical launch of those games is not at that period of the year necessarily. Last time, NSMB DS was released in May in 2007 in Japan. Monster Hunter Freedom Unite March 2008 (JPN), Mario Kart DS Dec 8th 2005, but Mario Kart 7's release was pre-emptive that we know for a fact via interviews. (Retro being called in to help?) Yeah.

Wii was ready to launch. And Nintendo was starting to speed up delivery times since then and improve on being faithful to timelines post announcement. The DS also was a quick announcement iirc. Don't you think reeling in the holiday dough is a much more intelligent reason, and PS3's release was a coincidence? Do you realize the XBOX also launched on Nov 15th2001 in NA? That date is NOT a surprise...

Don't call my post silly, you Kim Possible loving shmuck! :P Love you Rol :B (I am kidding in this last line, just so you know)

morenoingrato said:
From now, 3DS doesn't have anything big until KH3D in late march?

A lot of other people have pointed it out but while the 3DS doesn't have anything REALLY BIG until Kingdom Hearts it does have a pretty strong line up through Feb and March. Should at least keep sales reasonably level if not see some increases. Games that should get over 100K either at launch or within a few weeks
New Love Plus. 
Tekken 3D
Harvest Moon
Mario And Sonic
Metal Gear Solid
Kid Icarus
Hatsune Miku

And the wild card of Theatrhythm. Then things like If I were locked in a room with a girl and Hime Girl Paradise. 

So yea I wouldn't say anything on that list is going to do mind blowingly fantastic in Japan but I expect the first list to all at least break 100k and keep the 3DS chugging along. 

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.

RolStoppable said:
NintendoPie said:
RolStoppable said:
The 3DS needs the recently announced 2D Mario game as soon as possible. All doubts in the platform need to be erased.

From the comments on here not many people have doubts in it anymore. Everyone is saying that its great its great its doing well, which it is doing well. 

That 2D Mario doesn't need to be released until Spring... It actually must come out before the Wii U so it won't side-track potential Wii U customers. My Holiday 2D Mario for the 3DS prediction has been erased I now predict it will come out Spring to early Fall of this year or Holiday of next year.

It's not important what people on this forum say. It's about third parties who constantly doubt the longevity and viability of a Nintendo system.

Then again, I have to say something to the people on here who say that the 3DS is doing great: No, it's not. You just got used to the pitiful Japanese hardware charts of the last couple of years. The DS was pushing 150k units per week on average and it could have been more, if it hadn't been for production shortages. The 3DS isn't even close at this point. There's no time for Nintendo to take it easy yet, there's still a lot of work waiting ahead.

Third parties won't care if 3ds follow the same sales pattern as ds because a lot of ds sales were attributed to the brainage audience who wont buy their software. So if Nintendo release a smash-hit, brainage like game tommorow and 3ds sales see a 2x boost it won't really matter for third parties. That's just 80,000 people that will never, ever buy their software(unless it's brainage like).

What third parties would care about, however, is if 3ds pulls a PS2 like scenerio. This is where 3ds becomes the go to system for any 'hardcore' gamer. This can only be done by releasing AAA after AAA exclusives (from first and third parties) until even the anti-Nintendo gamers give in and buy the system. 3ds seems to be headed in that direction in Japan i think.

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)