By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Sales 1/23 ~ 1/29

cyberninja45 said:
RolStoppable said:
NintendoPie said:
RolStoppable said:
The 3DS needs the recently announced 2D Mario game as soon as possible. All doubts in the platform need to be erased.

From the comments on here not many people have doubts in it anymore. Everyone is saying that its great its great its doing well, which it is doing well. 

That 2D Mario doesn't need to be released until Spring... It actually must come out before the Wii U so it won't side-track potential Wii U customers. My Holiday 2D Mario for the 3DS prediction has been erased I now predict it will come out Spring to early Fall of this year or Holiday of next year.

It's not important what people on this forum say. It's about third parties who constantly doubt the longevity and viability of a Nintendo system.

Then again, I have to say something to the people on here who say that the 3DS is doing great: No, it's not. You just got used to the pitiful Japanese hardware charts of the last couple of years. The DS was pushing 150k units per week on average and it could have been more, if it hadn't been for production shortages. The 3DS isn't even close at this point. There's no time for Nintendo to take it easy yet, there's still a lot of work waiting ahead.

I think third parties won't care if 3ds follow the same sales pattern as ds because a lot of ds sales were attributed to the brainage audience which wont buy their software. So if Nintendo release a smash-hit, brainage like game tommorow and 3ds sales see a 2x boost it won't really matter to third parties. That's just 80,000 people that will never, ever buy their software(unless it's brainage like).

What third parties would care about, however, is if 3ds pulls like a ps2 like scenerio. Where 3ds becomes the go to system for any 'hardcore' gamer. This can only be done releasing AAA after AAA exclusives (from first and third parties) until even the anti-Nintendo gamers give in and buy the system. 3ds seems to be headed in that direction in Japan i think.

It still wouldn't matter, all the 3rd party developers still have that bad taste in their mouths from the Wii and DS last gen. It will take 3rd parties awhile to migrate back to Nintendo.

Around the Network

RolStoppable said:

I am not saying that the timing of the 3DS releases wasn't deliberate. I am saying that the Wii launch was just the same. Why do you want to deny it?

I told you why Rol. Here in Canada, the Xbox, the Cube, the PS3 and the Wii all launched nearly on the same day (Nov 15th, Nov 20th, etc. etc.). With the global launches of late, it's my understanding they adjusted them all to the NA timeframe, so as to capitalize on holiday sales.

It's my POV, what do you want me to say? I understand what you're saying about the short announcement, and I remember that. But you didn't either appreciate the argument I gave you about the DS and its quick announcement, which launched in June, on its own beat. So if I'm listening to you and accepting your points, but you deliberately ignore mine, what to do?

What do you want to do, do you have more arguments on it? You have my POV with the launches here, with all the advertising, we remember those dates and times, lots of consoles released here mid-Nov. Then we have global launches of home consoles aligning with NA timeframes. I don't know how else to express my POV.

RolStoppable said:

Nintendo was ready to launch earlier though. They could have gotten a little headstart over Sony (even if it was only a couple of weeks), but instead they opted to launch two days after the PS3.

What is that argument about the DS? The DS didn't launch in June. You can't expect me to accept your point of view when it's factually wrong.

My bad Rol, that was the DS Lite. The DS actually launched in NA on November 21st 2004. LOL? 

3DS is still killing it! It's pretty cool to see that little handheld that everyone doubted pulling great numbers.

Also, I didn't know that RE was popular in Japan.

Looks like the Vita finally got a good "app" for the Japanese audience but it didn't really help to sell all that much hardware. Too expensive I guess and better games on the 3DS.

Vita needs Monster Hunter.

RazoDigimax said:
3DS is still killing it! It's pretty cool to see that little handheld that everyone doubted pulling great numbers.

Looks like the Vita finally got a good "app" for the Japanese audience but it didn't really help to sell all that much hardware. Too expensive I guess and better games on the 3DS.

RE is actually pretty popular in Japan. 

Those numbers need to keep coming though or there is no use to them.

Around the Network

Vita > PSP + 1 Vita game in Top 3!
Thank God. Now let's see how websites spin this.

RazoDigimax said:

LMFAO!

VGKing said:

My guess: "Only one Vita title made it to this weeks top 20! Even the old PSP managed to get 100% more titles than the Vita up there!"

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
VGKing said:

My guess: "Only one Vita title made it to this weeks top 20! Even the old PSP managed to get 100% more titles than the Vita up there!"

Just like they did with the 3DS.

NintendoPie said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
VGKing said:

Just like they did with the 3DS.

They did? :O