By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Twisted metal PSN demo- launches today!

Tagged games:

PlaystaionGamer said:

im sorry mods, i dont swear alot and try to be nice.. but this guy is a fucking idiot!

In case any mod is reading I don't find the comment inappropiate so don't do anything to him (or the post).

Just because I made a choice to avoid certain kind of games (the ones with more than two interconnected sequels), does not mean that I don't recognize that is a good game or franchise. To give you a counter example, if you choose to never play a Mario game (praised by many, with multiple awards, and for many the only reason to buy Nintendo consoles), I suppose you have good reasons, maybe you don't like that there are so many colors on the screen, or don't like that the game has no plot at all, or even that you consider that is a game for childs only.

I made my choice based on the amount of free time/money and the taste for trying different kinds of games, and the games with the mentioned characteristics will "force me" or at least put a lot of preassure to complete the saga or collection, that is all.

Around the Network

Hell yeah won a Nuke and was the highest Scorer! this game is ADDICTIVE

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Hey anyone know when the review embargo is lifted for TM?

flagstaad said:
PlaystaionGamer said:

im sorry mods, i dont swear alot and try to be nice.. but this guy is a fucking idiot!

In case any mod is reading I don't find the comment inappropiate so don't do anything to him (or the post).

Just because I made a choice to avoid certain kind of games (the ones with more than two interconnected sequels), does not mean that I don't recognize that is a good game or franchise. To give you a counter example, if you choose to never play a Mario game (praised by many, with multiple awards, and for many the only reason to buy Nintendo consoles), I suppose you have good reasons, maybe you don't like that there are so many colors on the screen, or don't like that the game has no plot at all, or even that you consider that is a game for childs only.

I made my choice based on the amount of free time/money and the taste for trying different kinds of games, and the games with the mentioned characteristics will "force me" or at least put a lot of preassure to complete the saga or collection, that is all.

You know, if you spent about an hour a night playing the uncharted games, it might take 3 weeks to compelet the first two. But, Uncharted is kinda like a can pringels, "once you pop you can't stop". You're missing out big time on one the best IP of this gen.  When most of the games you're playing are mostly forgetable aside from Resistance. If your into puzzel games, you should pick up Cathrine. As much as I love the Uncharted series, Cathrine took my GOY over Uncharted 3. 

Ill prob try this tomorrow

Around the Network
Mmmfishtacos said:

You know, if you spent about an hour a night playing the uncharted games, it might take 3 weeks to compelet the first two. But, Uncharted is kinda like a can pringels, "once you pop you can't stop". You're missing out big time on one the best IP of this gen.  When most of the games you're playing are mostly forgetable aside from Resistance. If your into puzzel games, you should pick up Cathrine. As much as I love the Uncharted series, Cathrine took my GOY over Uncharted 3. 

Catherine is in my not buy but play list, a friend has the game and he tells me is not very long so I can give it a try and don't spend any money on it, the perfect combination (also is a stand alone game, no prequels or sequels, yet). I played a little bit of Uncharted 3 in a release event I was invited, the plot did not make any sense to me (it was my first try of the game) and the demo available was also very, very linear, it played like a long quicktime event more than like a proper game. I know that is not the full game and it has a better balance (otherwise it would not have such a great number of fans), but that is another reason I left that one in the backburner, I may NEVER BUY the games but I am not saying I will never play them.

About Twisted Metal (to keep talking about the demo), I remember my playing days so many years ago, the controls were simpler and easier to pick up, I could play with all my friends even if they had never tried the game before. The demo almost requires you to play the tutorial otherwise you will feel overwhelmed by the controls itself. I am sure that the game/demo grows on you (or you can became addicted like M.U.G.E.N.) but that was not what I wanted, at least not at this moment nor for full price.

flagstaad said:
Mmmfishtacos said:

Catherine is in my not buy but play list, a friend has the game and he tells me is not very long so I can give it a try and don't spend any money on it, the perfect combination (also is a stand alone game, no prequels or sequels, yet). I played a little bit of Uncharted 3 in a release event I was invited, the plot did not make any sense to me (it was my first try of the game) and the demo available was also very, very linear, it played like a long quicktime event more than like a proper game. I know that is not the full game and it has a better balance (otherwise it would not have such a great number of fans), but that is another reason I left that one in the backburner, I may NEVER BUY the games but I am not saying I will never play them.

About Twisted Metal (to keep talking about the demo), I remember my playing days so many years ago, the controls were simpler and easier to pick up, I could play with all my friends even if they had never tried the game before. The demo almost requires you to play the tutorial otherwise you will feel overwhelmed by the controls itself. I am sure that the game/demo grows on you (or you can became addicted like M.U.G.E.N.) but that was not what I wanted, at least not at this moment nor for full price.

square=accel

x=quick spin
double tap x= turbo
circle=brake
triangle= never used it
left trigger, =machine gun
right trigger= shoot weapon
left and right buttons, switch weapons

down shoots missile backwards
left drops a mine
right, I'm not sure, shield?

twisted metal black:

Triangle Button rear view
Circle Button brake
X Button tight turn
Square Button gas
Square Button (twice) turbo
D-Pad Up forward
D-Pad Down reverse
D-Pad Left or Right steer
L1 Button cycle weapons left
R1 Button cycle weapons right
L2 Button fire weapon
R2 Button fire machine gun
Left Analog Stick steer
Right Analog Stick gas, brake
R3 Button turbo
L3 Button tight turn
Start Button pause
Select Button change view or weapon display
Be Invisible Left, Left, Down, Down
Charged up mine Right, Left, Down (hold down for like 2 seconds)
Freeze Up, Down, Up
Freeze Attack RIGHT, LEFT, UP
Have energy shield Right, Right, Down, Down
Mine Right, Left, Down
Shoot weapons from back Left, Right, Down+Button to fire weapon

Seriously?

And also, I played uncharted 2 before playing 1, and it was fantastic. But, you prefer to miss out on great games because you have some hangup that literally NOBODY else has, then keep on keepin' on.

Being a huge fan of Black, I'd be interested in this. But after trying the demo, it seems a bit childish, controls a bit too loose, random heavy metal/ghostface killah rap (what does he have to do with twisted metal, i'll never know), and plays like a game from the 90s. Now, that's not saying something bad, but it doesn't feel..perfect. Although, I'll admit, its fun chasing someone and shooting missiles at em. And driving through houses as if they're made out of paper. 

All of this, of course, is just my opinion.

Skyrim 100%'d. Dark Souls 100%'d. 
Dark Souls > Skyrim.
Halo 4 is the best damn FPS since Halo 3.
Proud pre-orderer of 2 PS4's and an Xbox One. 

Currently Playing: Dark Souls II, South Park
Playstation 4: MGS V GZ, Killzone: Shadow Fall, NBA 2k14.

theprof00 said:

New Twisted Metal controls: ...

Twisted Metal Black controls: ...

Seriously?

I think you missed the post when I said the last one I played was Twisted Metal 2 on Playstation. Believe me the controls were easier. By the way sorry to resume your post but I don't like over quoting.

theprof00 said:

And also, I played uncharted 2 before playing 1, and it was fantastic. But, you prefer to miss out on great games because you have some hangup that literally NOBODY else has, then keep on keepin' on.

I tried with a few games and I was not able to feel engaged by them and if you add that the plot is one of the strong points of the game even worse. I have 2 questions for you. After you played U2, did you played all the other ones? Will you be able to play only the third one without knowing anything else from the franchise and enjoy it the same?

This game is fucking EPIC! It's like Mario Kart on Roids. The sound track for it is crazy as well. I don't even care about the campaign. I'm buying this game just for the online.

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.