By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Twisted metal PSN demo- launches today!

Tagged games:

M.U.G.E.N said:
yeah yesterday jaffe tweeted about it saying there were some problems with sony servers and they are working on it..chances are they didn't expect this many people lol

That's exactly what I'm guessing!

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
flagstaad said:
Did not like it, not buying.

Yeah you won't be missed

Strange, because you and I have the same taste in wii games, aside from your ridiculous hate for monster hunter.

I was hoping for a good pick and play fun and is a control mess. It gives a very bad first impression and I don't have time to get more than one, I am already very behind in my backlog. I also downloaded 2 more demos yesterday but were way worse than Twisted Metal so the game is not bad, just not good/interesting enough for me to spend my money on it.

I am trying to test the demos of PS3 games to see if my most anticipated games change in the near future, but all I found are old games that I want (that can't be included in the list), not any new ones. I missed a lot of franchises that are now way too deep into the plot to start it from scratch, so sequels usually don't excite me the only exception is Darksiders 2 (I have the first one for PS3) and I think the Wii U version might be the best one, I was really hoping to find Twisted Metal interesting but no dice.

If any one can provide good PS3 games that can be added to my most anticipated list it would be appreciated, but bear in mind that any sequel beyond 2 is out of my reach (Mass Effect 3 and similars are out), and the game must have something more than just an animation video to get me excited (The Last Guardian and FFvs XIII are in that category). I only have one possible PS3 game to add (maybe next month) but the info is still too little.

Changing the topic. Ahhh, the fun times of the elimination game, it was a good run, I was trying to keep Monster Hunter Tri down and I made it a close race till the very end I don't hate the game but I like others a lot more.

flagstaad said:
theprof00 said:
flagstaad said:
Did not like it, not buying.

Yeah you won't be missed

Strange, because you and I have the same taste in wii games, aside from your ridiculous hate for monster hunter.

I was hoping for a good pick and play fun and is a control mess. It gives a very bad first impression and I don't have time to get more than one, I am already very behind in my backlog. I also downloaded 2 more demos yesterday but were way worse than Twisted Metal so the game is not bad, just not good/interesting enough for me to spend my money on it.
I am trying to test the demos of PS3 games to see if my most anticipated games change in the near future, but all I found are old games that I want (that can't be included in the list), not any new ones. I missed a lot of franchises that are now way too deep into the plot to start it from scratch, so sequels usually don't excite me the only exception is Darksiders 2 (I have the first one for PS3) and I think the Wii U version might be the best one, I was really hoping to find Twisted Metal interesting but no dice.
If any one can provide good PS3 games that can be added to my most anticipated list it would be appreciated, but bear in mind that any sequel beyond 2 is out of my reach (Mass Effect 3 and similars are out), and the game must have something more than just an animation video to get me excited (The Last Guardian and FFvs XIII are in that category). I only have one possible PS3 game to add (maybe next month) but the info is still too little.
Changing the topic. Ahhh, the fun times of the elimination game, it was a good run, I was trying to keep Monster Hunter Tri down and I made it a close race till the very end I don't hate the game but I like others a lot more.

Sigh...

It really doesn't seem like you own a ps3, but I'll bite. What games do you have?

Yes! Loving the positive reactions! Can't wait to play demo, but unfortunately not possible until the weekend. I knew Jaffe wouldn't disappoint!

theprof00 said:
flagstaad said:

Sigh...

It really doesn't seem like you own a ps3, but I'll bite. What games do you have?

I just got my PS3 this christmas, that is the reason I missed a lot of first and second version of games, I can play catch up but only if the franchise is still bellow the third iteration (and hopefully not a RPG), and why most of my most wanted list is composed of old games instead of upcomming ones. So my list of PS3 games is:

Darksiders

Dead Space 1

Resistance 1 and 2 (got the bundle, I only wanted the 2 one for the Multiplayer but the offer was too good to avoid it)

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition

Brutal Legend

Battlefield 3

Castlevania Lord of Shadows

DC Universe Online

I am planning to buy a second batch of games during the march-april period, but as I mentioned most are old games instead of new ones, the ones that will never be in my list are those that are beyond the second game... Uncharted is out, Mass Effect is out, Assassin's Creed is out, God of War is out and so on. I wanted to try Twisted Metal because the last time I played one (looooong back) it was fun pick up and play, that is not the feeling of this one, as you can see from other posters that have also mentioned that is not easy to just "jump in" and has a steep learning curve, that is not what I wanted, so game avoided.

Around the Network
pezus said:
Why would you not play games that have more than two iterations :/? The Uncharted franchise is a no-brainer

Because I have to go back to the first one to understand what is happening, and that would require money that does not grows on trees and time that I usually have less and less. A lot of people have told me how great the Uncharted franchise is and I fully trust them but that ship already departed from port and I don't plan to use my rowboat to try to catch it up, if along the way a friend can throw me a rope (lend me the games) I may think about it more seriously, but those games are banned from my shopping list.

flagstaad said:
theprof00 said:
flagstaad said:

Sigh...

I just got my PS3 this christmas, that is the reason I missed a lot of first and second version of games, I can play catch up but only if the franchise is still bellow the third iteration (and hopefully not a RPG), and why most of my most wanted list is composed of old games instead of upcomming ones. So my list of PS3 games is:

Darksiders

Dead Space 1

Resistance 1 and 2 (got the bundle, I only wanted the 2 one for the Multiplayer but the offer was too good to avoid it)

Brutal Legend

Battlefield 3

DC Universe Online

I am planning to buy a second batch of games during the march-april period, but as I mentioned most are old games instead of new ones, the ones that will never be in my list are those that are beyond the second game... Uncharted is out, Mass Effect is out, Assassin's Creed is out, God of War is out and so on. I wanted to try Twisted Metal because the last time I played one (looooong back) it was fun pick up and play, that is not the feeling of this one, as you can see from other posters that have also mentioned that is not easy to just "jump in" and has a steep learning curve, that is not what I wanted, so game avoided.

im sorry mods, i dont swear alot and try to be nice.. but this guy is a fucking idiot!

This post has been moderated ~ Barozi

flagstaad said:
theprof00 said:
flagstaad said:

Sigh...

Darksiders

Dead Space 1

Brutal Legend

Battlefield 3

DC Universe Online

why are you excluding all their best games?

This twisted metal is the exact same game from TM:Black, at least all the controls are the same. There's virtually nothing changed. In fact, Black was more complex as you had to press up right down to fire a selected missile backwards whereas now, you just hit down. Not very confusing.

It's really a quandary what you are trying to do here when you avoid all it's best games (Games have sequels for a reason you know!!), and call a new game that is going to fucking rock, uninteresting and convoluted.

theprof00 said:

why are you excluding all their best games?

This twisted metal is the exact same game from TM:Black, at least all the controls are the same. There's virtually nothing changed. In fact, Black was more complex as you had to press up right down to fire a selected missile backwards whereas now, you just hit down. Not very confusing.

It's really a quandary what you are trying to do here when you avoid all it's best games (Games have sequels for a reason you know!!), and call a new game that is going to fucking rock, uninteresting and convoluted.

I am not excluding ALL the interesting ones, I just set a boundary to my buying and playing plans, my time is limited much more than my money so I have to be very picky. The sequels happen but the problem is when all follow the same story, that is a game breaker for me, for example, Elder Scrolls V is perfectly fine for me, because the last game does not have anything to do with the previous ones, only the game mechanics continue, Final Fantasy whatever is also okay because the plot changes with every game and I don't have to finish all the previous ones to understand the others. But the games that I mentioned previously do require that I play the other ones to get really involved in the plot and I just don't time to catch up.

Going back on topic. When I said loooooong back, I mean it, I never played TM Black, the last one I played was TM 2 in the original PlayStation and that was 16 years ago, it was very easy to pick up and play, this one was not like that.

I am not saying that the new Twisted Metal is uninteresting, just that it is not as I expected, so for me is a disappointment, not a bad game, nor an excesively complicated one, just not as easy to pick up and play as I wanted it to be.

pezus said:

But older games = cheaper

Agreed. But sequels mean many games to buy. I can try different kind of games (also old ones) for the same amount of money. That is the main reason why my most wanted PS3 games right now are old games with very few or not even one sequel.