By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Twisted metal PSN demo- launches today!

Tagged games:

flagstaad said:
theprof00 said:

New Twisted Metal controls: ...

Twisted Metal Black controls: ...

Seriously?

I think you missed the post when I said the last one I played was Twisted Metal 2 on Playstation. Believe me the controls were easier. By the way sorry to resume your post but I don't like over quoting.

theprof00 said:

And also, I played uncharted 2 before playing 1, and it was fantastic. But, you prefer to miss out on great games because you have some hangup that literally NOBODY else has, then keep on keepin' on.

I tried with a few games and I was not able to feel engaged by them and if you add that the plot is one of the strong points of the game even worse. I have 2 questions for you. After you played U2, did you played all the other ones? Will you be able to play only the third one without knowing anything else from the franchise and enjoy it the same?

D-Pad Left or Right direction/steering
D-Pad Down reverse
D-Pad Up accelerate
D-Pad use to perform advanced and combo attacks
Select + Down or Up Buttons change camera view
Select + Right Button rear view mirror
Start Button pause
L1/R1 Buttons toggle between special weapons
L2 Button fires the currently active weapon
R2 Button fires machine guns
Square Button accelerate
Triangle Button turbo
Circle Button brake
X + Square Button execute a tight turn
  1. Shoot freeze backwards= l,r,d,l,r,u From: Randy Moore
  2. Land mines=Right,left,down. From: Lawrence J Lane
  3. Napalm=Right,left,up.
  4. From: Lawrence J Lane Shield=up,up,right. From: Lawrence J Lane
  5. Temporary Invisibility=Right,Down,Left,up. From: Lawrence J Lane

THat's twisted metal 2. Believe me. I've played them all, and I played them back when they were out. The controls have NEVER changed. These controls are actually easier.

Around the Network

And no, I only briefly played 1, and haven't played 3 yet. I still play 2, beaten single player 4 times, and tons of multiplayer. Currently, rather than getting UC3, I'm getting Twisted Metal, and saving for a Vita.

Every game is designed to be playable by anyone without having to play the previous ones. Just because a game has (oh noez) STORY doesn't mean it's like a chapter from a book. The only exception would maybe be mgs4, which was really much MORE enjoyable having played the first ones, buts till enjoyable even if you've never played mgs. All the other MGS games are fine standalone.

Series are always MORE ENJOYABLE when you've played them all, because you notice things more. It's exactly like Final fantasy. You've never played FF, so you go around etc etc. If you've played before, you know the tactics, you know that Cid has been in every game, you automatically know that there is a tonberry king in among the tonberry somewhere. You get references to things mentioned. That's the point of playing a whole series. That doesn't make ff7 not enjoyable as your first ff. It's the same with silent hill, or megaman, or any series really. I have no idea what your problem is. Nobody has this problem, because game makers don't design their games to only be enjoyable by people who've played the previous games.

even though I'm buying a Vita day 1 i will also now have to pick up Twisted metal

Who ever is buying this game add me up if you wanna battle online m100165

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.

Ill be playing insanely much aswell:
PSN = Aldro

Around the Network

Never played the series, but I will go in after the first reviews if 80 up...

Here's some gameplay I recorded earlier. Hope some of you enjoy it.

I'm not the one screaming in the video,just so you know.

The gameplay is absolutely awesome. Count me in!

Oddly, I'm not downloading this, just going to buy the game and enjoy.

Hmm, pie.

I just received my copy of Twisted Metal! I live in germany and preordered the limited US edition and it came in today.
I was already sitting in the multiplayer room for about... 10 minutes but i met noone. But singleplayer works fine.

So i just opened the game and felt like doing a video to show you the first scenes and so on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1p7Q5xH9wc&feature=youtu.be

Pleas excuse my bad english, i am still drunk from yesterday evening.
If you want, you can add me on PSN. I will use my US account to play (i want to be able to buy coming dlc). I's "Verderber666"

must-have-list for platforms i don't own yet:

WiiU: Donkey Kong

XBone: Dead Rising 3, Ryse