By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Vgchartz ranking game -- The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Tagged games:

How was Skyward Sword?

GOTY! 80 44.20%

My favorite Nintendo game ever! 9 4.97%

Linktastic! 26 14.36%

Very nice. 20 11.05%

Mediocre/meh. 18 9.94%

Twas a bad game. 9 4.97%

Yes I know I am very bori... 19 10.50%

Total:181

ghettoglamour said:

This is the first Zelda I've bought and played through. Overall a good game but to me, it just can't be the masterpiece people claim it is.

+ Great combat system
+ Great dungeon design
+ Lots of intelligent, well-designed puzzles
+ Some beautiful moments
+ Some great bosses
- Weakest first 2 hours EVER this gen.
- The game feels stretched out, recycling bosses and dungeons.
- The story is very childish yet it wants to be epic. It just doesn't fit to me. Couldn't care less about it and its characters.
- VERY ANNOYING T-Pain's sister Fi, ridiculous Emo-F** Ghirahim (really, WTF???)
- Some very aged mechanics
- Art-style too sesam street like to me. No real dark contrasts. With Mario, DK, LBP, Rayman I have no problems with it, but then again, this game SHOULD be epic right?

SCORE: 7.0 out of 10

always been annoyed by said train of thought, that story needed to be "dark" to be good

also, nothing's emo about Ghirahim,

aw well everyones opinion is their own

Around the Network

Brilliant game with great controls (screw whoever says they're 'clunky' ;) ), good soundtrack, epic dungeons and a good length. Would've been nice to have more minigames, quests and a linked overworld.

Still, my 2nd favourite game ever and best Zelda IMO.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:

Brilliant game with great controls (screw whoever says they're 'clunky' ;) ), good soundtrack, epic dungeons and a good length. Would've been nice to have more minigames, quests and a linked overworld.

Still, my 2nd favourite game ever and best Zelda IMO.

I'm guessing that was directed toward me? XD

shadowii said:

always been annoyed by said train of thought, that story needed to be "dark" to be good

also, nothing's emo about Ghirahim,

aw well everyones opinion is their own

Like I said, there are cute games out there, I play them, like them, it's ok. Like I said again, it's ok if Zelda has its "cuteness", but at least it should have a little bit of contrast, bad-ass monsters that look evil and dangerous. Like the final boss for example, which is okay. But if it wants to be "epic" it can't be just about cute NPC's, cute levels and cute monsters. It just doesn't fit (TO ME).

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

10. second best zelda game ever. i dont understand what these people see in video games if they cant like this one. this is a standard.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Smeags said:

Oh, and I'm waiting for The Legend of Groose. Make it happen.

10/10 (Masterpiece)

Remember the Tingle European game that came out? They better release the Groose game here! If it ever happened.

*shutters* They made a Tingle game?! Nintendo must have been trolling Europe then 

NintendoPie said:
spurgeonryan said:
Smeags said:

10/10 (Masterpiece)

Remember the Tingle European game that came out? They better release the Groose game here! If it ever happened.

*shutters* They made a Tingle game?! Nintendo must have been trolling Europe then 

uh they didnt make a tingle game

They've made three (two of which are japan exclusive)

NintendoPie said:
spurgeonryan said:
Smeags said:

10/10 (Masterpiece)

Yeah, this is it.  Japan got it too.  I haven't played it, but people tell me that it is underrated.

shadowii said:
NintendoPie said:

uh they didnt make a tingle game

They've made three (two of which are japan exclusive)

Ohhh! Why they didn't release here?!

Tingle!

Koloo-limpah

:(

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

MrT-Tar said:
NintendoPie said:
spurgeonryan said:
Smeags said:

10/10 (Masterpiece)

Yeah, this is it.  Japan got it too.  I haven't played it, but people tell me that it is underrated.

Tingle still looks scary... not as bad in chibi form though.