By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Star Wars Kinect Looks Beyond Terrible

Tagged games:

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Jazz2K said:
Ohh so crappy hahahaha... anyway this game is far from being made for the core it's quite obvious. These devs are bad it has nothing to do with Kinect.

The best car in the world will not make the worst driver drive better.

And children aren't as precise with their gestures as adults so a Kinect game that is too precise will prevents kids from liking the game. Not trying to excuse the poor attempt at a SW game but at the same time they're not trying to do the next KOTOR.

Console is nice...

Kids are playing games with far more depth than what Kinect has to offer technologically right now. Personally, I dont think its an insult to the family, but it is an insult to the core and for them to even pose that we would like this shit shows how out of touch they are with us.

Why are you insulted by this... I have a Kinect and a 360 and I don't care much for this game. It looks beyond bad yes, but I have other Kinect games that are well done and I am bright enough to realise the devs are at fault here nothing else. Playing a game with depth isn't the same as playing a game with gestures. Just ask a kid to be as precise with anything as an adult and he will have some hard time it's the same with motion devices not just Kinect.

Around the Network
Jazz2K said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Jazz2K said:
Ohh so crappy hahahaha... anyway this game is far from being made for the core it's quite obvious. These devs are bad it has nothing to do with Kinect.

And children aren't as precise with their gestures as adults so a Kinect game that is too precise will prevents kids from liking the game. Not trying to excuse the poor attempt at a SW game but at the same time they're not trying to do the next KOTOR.

Console is nice...

Kids are playing games with far more depth than what Kinect has to offer technologically right now. Personally, I dont think its an insult to the family, but it is an insult to the core and for them to even pose that we would like this shit shows how out of touch they are with us.

Why are you insulted by this... I have a Kinect and a 360 and I don't care much for this game. It looks beyond bad yes, but I have other Kinect games that are well done and I am bright enough to realise the devs are at fault here nothing else. Playing a game with depth isn't the same as playing a game with gestures. Just ask a kid to be as precise with anything as an adult and he will have some hard time it's the same with motion devices not just Kinect.

Gestures can be used in core titles, this is what they were trying to prove was so revolutionary about Star Wars Kinect, just as long as you can accurately move through a 3D environment and toggle through powers, RPG- type options, etc. Pretty much that it could be a game where you by pass having a controller. There must be actions which can be done without using buttons to increase depth and immersion. It can be done, but I dont think it will until after next gen.

dahuman said:
I want to buy that bundle without the game for 50-60 bucks less please! Shit is hot!

Hell, they can take of 50 more dollars and keep there Kinect for me

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Jazz2K said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Jazz2K said:

Console is nice...

Gestures can be used in core titles, this is what they were trying to prove was so revolutionary about Star Wars Kinecten just as long as you can accurately move through a 3D environment and toggle through powers, RPG- type options, etc. Pretty much that it could be a game where you by pass having a controller. 

To be honest, I don't care if it had the most fluid Kinect controls ever developed as pretty much everything we have seen for this game (at least 90%) has been based around the awful prequel trilogy. I didn't even need to see the kinect lable before I came to the conclusion that this game was for casuals ... just like every other game / piece of media related to the prequels.

The only Star Wars games in recent years that were targeted at a teen/adult audience were based on the original trilogy (force unleashed) or on the expanded universe in a time period far removed from the saga (Old Republic).

Whether the game was designed for core or casuals is irrelevant. The moment they decided to feature pod racing, battle droids, and Count Dooku (worst name for a bad guy ever) they doomed this game to only be liked by kids and morons ... and, based on what we have been shown, they will be lucky to even secure the casual/idiot crowd. 

DarthVolod said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Jazz2K said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Jazz2K said:

Console is nice...

Gestures can be used in core titles, this is what they were trying to prove was so revolutionary about Star Wars Kinecten just as long as you can accurately move through a 3D environment and toggle through powers, RPG- type options, etc. Pretty much that it could be a game where you by pass having a controller. 

To be honest, I don't care if it had the most fluid Kinect controls ever developed as pretty much everything we have seen for this game (at least 90%) has been based around the awful prequel trilogy. I didn't even need to see the kinect lable before I came to the conclusion that this game was for casuals ... just like every other game / piece of media related to the prequels.

The only Star Wars games in recent years that were targeted at a teen/adult audience were based on the original trilogy (force unleashed) or on the expanded universe in a time period far removed from the saga (Old Republic).

Whether the game was designed for core or casuals is irrelevant. The moment they decided to feature pod racing, battle droids, and Count Dooku (worst name for a bad guy ever) they doomed this game to only be liked by kids and morons ... and, based on what we have been shown, they will be lucky to even secure the casual/idiot crowd. 

The way you worded this gave me a chuckle. You strike true though.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Jazz2K said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Jazz2K said:

Console is nice...

Yea so what they said so? Making a great game takes time and a great dev team clearly both are lacking here why do you guys need to keep the hating is beyond me. To me it's the same as Haze, poor game by poor devs so what they claimed they would do the best game ever and they didn't.

Devs still try to make games with controllers in mind when they do Kinect games except for some that get the hang of it. If all I could play was these broken games yes I would feel bad but it's not the case.

I still think Kinect 1 is good to help in core games where K2 will go further and so on. SWK needs to be forgoten...

Tossing aside all console allegiance, this is an insult to motion gaming in general

Between Wii, Kinect, and Move, somebody this generation should have gotten a lightsaber game worth a damn. Force Unleashed showed that LucasArts was at least sort of thinking in the right direction at one point, then they went and pissed it all away

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Jazz2K said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Jazz2K said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Jazz2K said:

Console is nice...

Yea so what they said so? Making a great game takes time and a great dev team clearly both are lacking here why do you guys need to keep the hating is beyond me. To me it's the same as Haze, poor game by poor devs so what they claimed they would do the best game ever and they didn't.

Devs still try to make games with controllers in mind when they do Kinect games except for some that get the hang of it. If all I could play was these broken games yes I would feel bad but it's not the case.

I still think Kinect 1 is good to help in core games where K2 will go further and so on. SWK needs to be forgoten...

If Microsoft wants to prove Kinect is so great they should do it themselves. Sony and Nintendo already have proven their peripherals can be used for casuals as well as the core (Sony is behind as far as  Move titles though they have some good ones). Kinect is the only one who is having a one sided affair. Microsoft is making promises they cannot keep to an audience like yourself and myself.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

If Microsoft wants to prove Kinect is so great they should do it themselves. Sony and Nintendo already have proven their peripherals can be used for casuals as well as the core (Sony is behind as far as  Move titles though they have some good ones). Kinect is the only one who is having a one sided affair. Microsoft is making promises they cannot keep to an audience like yourself and myself.

What Move game Sony did that prove their peripheral? Playing Forza 4 with Kinect to me adds a lot, I'm satisfied. I like dance games (yeah) the best ones I have played are on Kinect. My all time favorite franchise Mass Effect comes back with Kinect features, bring it on Bioware. I can play with the dashboard without touching a remote control is already a big plus to me. What exactly do you want... I think you fall way too easily into rep babbling, you need to sort the good and the bad in their saying... especially tossing the bad.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mr Puggsly said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

In Microsoft's "Kinect for the Core" campaign this is actually one of the games they are aiming to suck us in with as a core option. The Wii has more aptitude than the Kinect without having to water down everything and put it on rails. Microsoft is leaving these devs with an extremely hard task to prove. Quite frankly, I feel sorry for them. 

This is what I see in my head (LOL):

Microsoft: Hello Lucas Arts, we bought this thing we named Kinect from Prime Sense, and we dabbled with it a little. What we want to do is make a blockbuster Star Wars game for it?

Lucas Arts: Ok.......how?

Microsoft: Just do it, we'll publish it. 

Lucas Arts: Ok... its your money. 

You feel sorry for them? All they have to do is deliver a half decent game and it could potentially sell a few million. I don't think they need your pity.

Dont get me wrong bro, if we're talking casuals you wont hear an argument from me, but if you're campaigning that the core will salivate over this shit you're just crazy. Microsoft is campaigning this as well as a couple of other games to get the cores attention, but the most that can be come up with is voice command on Mass Effect and controls for Ghost Recon which will definitely be second to the controller and barely an option. The casuals? If they even touch those games good luck. 

In my opinion, the core Kinect campaign isn't a genuine effort to appeal to core gamers per se. It just showcases the Kinect library offers more than dance and party games. These core Kinect titles help broaden the audience but clearly they're designed to appeal to Kinect's primarily casual audience.

You're so concerned with Kinect as a core device but that's not the audience is was designed for. Kinect was designed to appeal to casual audiences and its been a massive success at bringing casual gamers to the 360. It doesn't matter if Kinect ever appeals to core gamers, its already been a far bigger success than anticipated.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)