By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Star Wars Kinect Looks Beyond Terrible

Tagged games:

S.T.A.G.E. said:
HappySqurriel said:
Carl2291 said:
It's so bad that Microsoft have removed the video from the channel.

Hilarious.

Here's another link for anyone interested - https://www.youtube.com/v/nZ4wypo3vUU

It makes me wonder what kind of reaction they were expecting ...

Did you know that Microsoft has an "Xbox for the core" page on Facebook?  Marketing without substance is their goal.

I have no doubts that this is entirely marketing, but (from what I have seen) people who are good at marketing tend to have an ability to predict how their marketing will impact people. While it can be argued that their backgrounds may not be well suited to the videogame industry, I highly doubt Microsoft has a poor quality marketing department which makes me wonder what they were trying to achieve from this video.

On top of that, I would actually be very interested in finding out whether people were more upset with what they saw of the Star Wars game or if it was the awful and annyoing people presenting it.

Around the Network
Adobo said:
oniyide said:
Adobo said:
This game is suited for younglings stop bitching you trolls. Good looking console though :)

so young kids shouldnt have good games to play??? Thats funny, Lego SWs says hi, and i know I played good games when I was a youngun, hell the SUPER star wars series wasnt half bad

I am sure other kids who plays real lego star wars may even appreciate this. The same with any other kids video games.

Some of the legos games are pretty good. The batman game was for sure.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Adobo said:
oniyide said:
Adobo said:
This game is suited for younglings stop bitching you trolls. Good looking console though :)

so young kids shouldnt have good games to play??? Thats funny, Lego SWs says hi, and i know I played good games when I was a youngun, hell the SUPER star wars series wasnt half bad

I am sure other kids who plays real lego star wars may even appreciate this. The same with any other kids video games.

Some of the legos games are pretty good. The batman game was for sure.

I personally put the Batman one in the middle with the best being the star wars ones and the worse indie, I can't comment on pirates since I haven't had a chance to play it yet.

Former something....

HappySqurriel said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
HappySqurriel said:
Carl2291 said:

Hilarious.

Here's another link for anyone interested - https://www.youtube.com/v/nZ4wypo3vUU

Did you know that Microsoft has an "Xbox for the core" page on Facebook?  Marketing without substance is their goal.

I have no doubts that this is entirely marketing, but (from what I have seen) people who are good at marketing tend to have an ability to predict how their marketing will impact people. While it can be argued that their backgrounds may not be well suited to the videogame industry, I highly doubt Microsoft has a poor quality marketing department which makes me wonder what they were trying to achieve from this video.

On top of that, I would actually be very interested in finding out whether people were more upset with what they saw of the Star Wars game or if it was the awful and annyoing people presenting it.

This was posted earlier by he OP. Microsoft: Inside Xbox Live took down the video (LOL). They shouldn't seeing that its a weekly installment. Microsofts marketing is awesome...no doubt out of the three they have the best marketing for catering to a US audience. The question is whether there is any substance to what they are preaching? Here is the other page OP linked and take a deep breath at the insults.

https://www.youtube.com/v/nZ4wypo3vUU

1 like

62 dislikes

Adobo said:

There are lots of negatives that can be forgiven when it comes to games designed for children, but being all-around bad isn't one of them ...

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
HappySqurriel said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
HappySqurriel said:
Carl2291 said:

Hilarious.

This was posted earlier by he OP. Microsoft: Inside Xbox Live took down the video (LOL). They shouldn't seeing that its a weekly installment. Microsofts marketing is awesome...no doubt out of the three they have the best marketing for catering to a US audience. The question is whether there is any substance to what they are preaching? Here is the other page OP linked and take a deep breath at the insults.

I found the "I'd rather spend the night in a ton-ton carcass that play this game." comment pretty funny ...

HappySqurriel said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
HappySqurriel said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
HappySqurriel said:
Carl2291 said:

Hilarious.

I found the "I'd rather spend the night in a ton-ton carcass that play this game." comment pretty funny ...

LOL! I thought" I would rather cut my balls off, set myself on fire and drive into the Grand Canyon than play Star Wars Kinect." was one of the funnier quotes.

I want to buy that bundle without the game for 50-60 bucks less please! Shit is hot!

Ohh so crappy hahahaha... anyway this game is far from being made for the core it's quite obvious. These devs are bad it has nothing to do with Kinect.

The best car in the world will not make the worst driver drive better.

And children aren't as precise with their gestures as adults so a Kinect game that is too precise will prevents kids from liking the game. Not trying to excuse the poor attempt at a SW game but at the same time they're not trying to do the next KOTOR.

Console is nice...

Jazz2K said:
Ohh so crappy hahahaha... anyway this game is far from being made for the core it's quite obvious. These devs are bad it has nothing to do with Kinect.

The best car in the world will not make the worst driver drive better.

And children aren't as precise with their gestures as adults so a Kinect game that is too precise will prevents kids from liking the game. Not trying to excuse the poor attempt at a SW game but at the same time they're not trying to do the next KOTOR.

Console is nice...

Kids are playing games with far more depth than what Kinect has to offer technologically right now. Personally, I dont think its an insult to the family, but it is an insult to the core and for them to even pose that we would like this shit shows how out of touch they are with us.