Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Star Wars Kinect Looks Beyond Terrible

Tagged games:

Still better than the force unleashed

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Around the Network
landguy1 said:
Quit your bitching, you won't know till you play it. Like all wii/kinect motion control games, they are not meant to replace controller based games. They are meant to be alternatives.

I wont know that it looks beyond terrible until I play it?

The whole point of videos like these are to sell you the game. If the videos are as laughable as this and the game looks just that bad, why on Earth would I want to buy it?

Also as for your bolded, can you play Kinect Star Wars with a regular 360 controller?

I dont care how bad the game turns out, that is one good looking 360!!!

quit trolling, dat geek chick was hot

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Carl2291 said:

Alright. Is this game a sick joke?

I hope it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiKpvdISyos&feature=related 

I've got a bad feeling about this.

That video was exactly what was expected of Kinect. Nothing more....nothing less. It confirmed all the reservations I had about this game. The game has 17 likes and 284 dislikes out of 482 views (WOW). My comment is going to have to be approved. Way to not censor me Microsoft. :)

Around the Network
landguy1 said:
Quit your bitching, you won't know till you play it. Like all wii/kinect motion control games, they are not meant to replace controller based games. They are meant to be alternatives.

In Microsoft's "Kinect for the Core" campaign this is actually one of the games they are aiming to suck us in with as a core option. The Wii has more aptitude than the Kinect without having to water down everything and put it on rails. Microsoft is leaving these devs with an extremely hard task to prove. Quite frankly, I feel sorry for them. 

This is what I see in my head (LOL):

Microsoft: Hello Lucas Arts, we bought this thing we named Kinect from Prime Sense, and we dabbled with it a little. What we want to do is make a blockbuster Star Wars game for it?

Lucas Arts: Ok.......how?

Microsoft: Just do it, we'll publish it. 

Lucas Arts: Ok... its your money. 

HappySqurriel said:
Wow ...

Lucasarts didn't make an exclusive lightsaber fighting game for the Wii in 5 years, and they produced this for Kinect?

This is what I am saying, Microsofts PR can turn shit into a candy bar. They know how to make even shit products visible to the masses. If the Wii or Move got this IP theres way more that could be done with it.

HappySqurriel said:
Wow ...

Lucasarts didn't make an exclusive lightsaber fighting game for the Wii in 5 years, and they produced this for Kinect?

If I don't get Star Wars Battlefront 3 Wii U with lightsaber motion combat and IR aiming next gen, I will...I will...I will do bad things!

That's never stopped casuals before.

The YouTube link is quite funny.

17 Likes
292 Dislikes