Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Star Wars Kinect Looks Beyond Terrible

Tagged games:

oniyide said:
Millenium said:
oniyide said:
Millenium said:
slowmo said:
So the main complaint is: "This could have been awesome on Wii/Move instead"

Kind of sums up a lot really. The game was never gonna be amazing but it has no chance of getting any praise on this site anyway due to petty jealousy and Kinect haters...

Pretty much this

oh please, anyone who cant see how an actual CONTROLLER could benefit this game, needs to stop drinking whatever kool aid MS is feeding them. Im pretty sure that Force Unleashed Wii will be a better game than this. Kinect is just not built for something like this, thats all

And the Wii Motion + and the PS Move aren't godlike "controllers" that can make you a Jedi.

Maybe if you hadn't spend all your posts in this thread bashing Kinect instead of actually making a usefull argument we could talk, but alas it is not so.

That is all.

Edit:

To clarify, I do not own a Kinect, and most likely never will own one for playing games with, nor is MS feeding me anything (unfortunately)

LMAO, you must have me confused for someone else. I didnt bash Kinect in anyway, im just saying it is ill suited for a game like this. Wiimote and MOVe are godlike controllers?? Never said that, stop putting words in my mouth. With those control schemes you can at the very least...move around in a 3d environment, which would be better suited for a game like Star Wars, if you cant understand that...I feel for you

Don't have to feel for me as I never claimed Kinect capable of this.

Anyways to end it all of nicely,

cya friend.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:

Alright. Is this game a sick joke?

I hope it is.

https://www.youtube.com/v/nZ4wypo3vUU

I've got a bad feeling about this.

Yeah, it's not pretty and it's mostly because the Kinect eats up a lot of memory which kills what some of these games can look like. The games should look a lot better on the NEXT XBox consoles. I already pre-ordered by SW Kinect console however. It'll be worth a lot once the XBox 360 is discontinued. I'll probably sell it for a $1000 in 2020. It's limited edition and there are millions and millions of Star Wars fanatics out there. I'll probably get the game months later for under $20.

'gaming till I'm gone'

slowmo said:

Kind of sums up a lot really. The game was never gonna be amazing but it has no chance of getting any praise on this site anyway due to petty jealousy and Kinect haters...

To be fair in this case it is a fair complaint if it's just on relative suitability of control scheme - the game does look like it would suit those controllers better than Kinect.  I'd say Dance games suit Kinect better and now whenever I see a dance game on Wii PS3 I think how much better it would be with Kinect.

It's all business in the end,  but often in business commerce reasons take precedence over suitability and I see no reason why - so long as they keep it civil and not bashing the title just because it's only on Kinect - people shouldn't discuss it.

From what I've seen I'd have to figure this game would control at least twice as well on a different device if not even more-so based on Force Unleashed on Wii.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Its not about it not being pretty.

Its an on rails game where you wave your hands pretending youre holding a lightsaber. Microsoft has said THIS game is the one to "Kinect the core" or whatever they call it, and it looks like Carnival Games: Star Wars Edition.

The controller looks cool but a finger print magnet the system looks ugly. The game looks horrible like all other kinect games that dont involve running jumping or dancing.

Around the Network

I understand that some people will enjoy this game. But, for all of the Star Wars fans that have always wanted to weild a light saber in a video game, this is pathetic. Absolutely pathetic.

I don't know what's worse the game or the hosts of that "show".

What am I saying! there both equally rubbish.

Jeez easy on the bashing fanboys and the rest of Kinect haters. Burn it further when its about to come out atleast...

slowmo said:

Yep pretty much this.

Kinect gets all the flack instead of bad devs. Someone even said that the graphics were bad because Kinect sucked up too much memory. I still think Forza 4 is one of the best looking games this gen and it uses Kinect so people can keep their ridiculous comments. Anyway, preordered for the special casing.

Reasonable said:
slowmo said:

To be fair in this case it is a fair complaint if it's just on relative suitability of control scheme - the game does look like it would suit those controllers better than Kinect.  I'd say Dance games suit Kinect better and now whenever I see a dance game on Wii PS3 I think how much better it would be with Kinect.

It's all business in the end,  but often in business commerce reasons take precedence over suitability and I see no reason why - so long as they keep it civil and not bashing the title just because it's only on Kinect - people shouldn't discuss it.

From what I've seen I'd have to figure this game would control at least twice as well on a different device if not even more-so based on Force Unleashed on Wii.

this, someone gets it. But if the game turns out to be actually good, ill ge crow.