By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Star Wars Kinect Looks Beyond Terrible

Tagged games:

oniyide said:
thx1139 said:
thismeintiel said:
killerzX said:
that just look disapointing, really got my hopes up. i was really looking forward to this game, and kinects potential.
unfortunately it looks like it will not come to be.

i remember several months back numerous fans were praising this game, and saying it would be great (i think selnor, michael5 were among them), and that got me really excited for it, but not any more.

i wish they would make a Move starwars game, it seems like the perfect fit.

Definitely.  Controlling the lightsaber 1:1 while also being able to control your character's movement.  That would have been awesome.

I am sure you have the physical acrobat skills to put on the moves of a Jedi. How many backflips you done today?  I never get this argument. People dont have the skills to do 1:1 lightsaber/Jedi moves. A controller being able to track it or not isnt relevant. 

As for the video/game can someone please tell me what looks so bad about it?  I still dont get the backlash.

This is bullshit, you obviously havent played Force Unleashed for WIi. the wiimote was the lightsaber and it worked. THe only problem was that the wiimote sucks for accuracy, so you couldnt pull off the more complicated moves. All he was saying is had Lucasarts not have their head in their ass, they could have easily expanded on the ideas of that game and make something like that for Move, with its better precision, hell not even Move, coudl have done it with motion+. Red Steel 2 did it, the gladiotor portion of Sports Champions did it and the fencing part of WiiSports Resort did it. ANd i dont know where you got backflips from, you would press a button to jump just like we have been doing for decades

And what you described is not 1:1. Using a button is not 1:1.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Around the Network
thx1139 said:
oniyide said:
thx1139 said:
thismeintiel said:
killerzX said:
that just look disapointing, really got my hopes up. i was really looking forward to this game, and kinects potential.
unfortunately it looks like it will not come to be.

i remember several months back numerous fans were praising this game, and saying it would be great (i think selnor, michael5 were among them), and that got me really excited for it, but not any more.

i wish they would make a Move starwars game, it seems like the perfect fit.

Definitely.  Controlling the lightsaber 1:1 while also being able to control your character's movement.  That would have been awesome.

I am sure you have the physical acrobat skills to put on the moves of a Jedi. How many backflips you done today?  I never get this argument. People dont have the skills to do 1:1 lightsaber/Jedi moves. A controller being able to track it or not isnt relevant. 

As for the video/game can someone please tell me what looks so bad about it?  I still dont get the backlash.

This is bullshit, you obviously havent played Force Unleashed for WIi. the wiimote was the lightsaber and it worked. THe only problem was that the wiimote sucks for accuracy, so you couldnt pull off the more complicated moves. All he was saying is had Lucasarts not have their head in their ass, they could have easily expanded on the ideas of that game and make something like that for Move, with its better precision, hell not even Move, coudl have done it with motion+. Red Steel 2 did it, the gladiotor portion of Sports Champions did it and the fencing part of WiiSports Resort did it. ANd i dont know where you got backflips from, you would press a button to jump just like we have been doing for decades

And what you described is not 1:1. Using a button is not 1:1.

what i described it what people are complaining about and what they wanted, you think that Kinect game is going to be 1:1? By your defintion most games arent one to one. What people want is just a better Force Unleashed Wii essentially. or Battlefront 3, they dont want what looks to be another family geared Kinect game, we have Lego SW for that

yeah that looks pathetic to be honest!!

Looks amazing, I'm going to pre-order it now.

So the main complaint is: "This could have been awesome on Wii/Move instead"

Kind of sums up a lot really. The game was never gonna be amazing but it has no chance of getting any praise on this site anyway due to petty jealousy and Kinect haters...

Around the Network
slowmo said:

Kind of sums up a lot really. The game was never gonna be amazing but it has no chance of getting any praise on this site anyway due to petty jealousy and Kinect haters...

Pretty much this

WOW

WAL

Switch!!!

Millenium said:
slowmo said:

Pretty much this

oh please, anyone who cant see how an actual CONTROLLER could benefit this game, needs to stop drinking whatever kool aid MS is feeding them. Im pretty sure that Force Unleashed Wii will be a better game than this. Kinect is just not built for something like this, thats all

oniyide said:
Millenium said:
slowmo said:

Pretty much this

oh please, anyone who cant see how an actual CONTROLLER could benefit this game, needs to stop drinking whatever kool aid MS is feeding them. Im pretty sure that Force Unleashed Wii will be a better game than this. Kinect is just not built for something like this, thats all

And the Wii Motion + and the PS Move aren't godlike "controllers" that can make you a Jedi.

Maybe if you hadn't spend all your posts in this thread bashing Kinect instead of actually making a usefull argument we could talk, but alas it is not so.

That is all.

Edit:

To clarify, I do not own a Kinect, and most likely never will own one for playing games with, nor is MS feeding me anything (unfortunately)

Millenium said:
oniyide said:
Millenium said:
slowmo said:

Pretty much this

And the Wii Motion + and the PS Move aren't godlike "controllers" that can make you a Jedi.

Maybe if you hadn't spend all your posts in this thread bashing Kinect instead of actually making a usefull argument we could talk, but alas it is not so.

That is all.

Edit:

To clarify, I do not own a Kinect, and most likely never will own one for playing games with, nor is MS feeding me anything (unfortunately)

LMAO, you must have me confused for someone else. I didnt bash Kinect in anyway, im just saying it is ill suited for a game like this. Wiimote and MOVe are godlike controllers?? Never said that, stop putting words in my mouth. With those control schemes you can at the very least...move around in a 3d environment, which would be better suited for a game like Star Wars, if you cant understand that...I feel for you