By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Announces Wii U News!

BlkPaladin said:
GhaudePhaede010 said:
BlkPaladin said:

At this meeting they also announced a new function for the Tablet Controller. They are adding NFC to the controller to allow for credit payments (the credit cards that you hold an inch off the reader and it reads an RF chip in the card) and for functionality similar to the Skylanders game.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/121/1217362p1.html

That sounds farly awesome

Yeah it seems like they are taking their philophy with the DS (Throw in everything but the kitchen sink) and bringing it to the console side of things.

Also it sounds like on the network side of things finally dusting off what they had with the SNES in Japan, which was simular to Xbox Live. (Hopeful thinking on my part.)

Why am I left out? :(

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

A lot of revelaitons last night. Good!

That's feel like a E3.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:

That's feel like a E3.

I hope you meant to spell revelations like that.

Well this really shouldn't surprised, Nintendo did say it was going to start letting information flow on the Wii U coming up to E3. And the 3DS was announced at a similar investor meeting. (If not the same meeting last year.)

To KitchenSink: I'm guessing it is because you are too expensive. ;p

Mummelmann said:
Aj_habfan said:
"With this, for example, the ease of using a video game system when the hardware is shared by multiple family members, which has been a challenge we needed to tackle, shall be improved, and we will also be able to construct and offer the system by combining a variety of different services and content."

That's a lot of words without really saying anything.

I interpret it more like this; "In other words, we are making a system that is exactly like the one you've found on the HD consoles since they launched."

Not exactly like the other consoles.

Variety of services and content would point to the rumours/leaks of Origin, Steam, Apps, E-reader, etc being on the system.

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
Pavolink said:

That's feel like a E3.

Yes, He did.

fedfed said:
NN i like it.

Wii U i like it

Nintendo i like it

Good times to be a Ninty fan. They are finally starting to adapt. It isn't perfect, but they are staying with the times. It doesn't mean they need to stop being who they are, but learn from their competitors' strengths is a step in the right direction as far as I'm concerned.

Now let's dance! :P

Play4Fun said:
NintendoPie said:
Pavolink said:

That's feel like a E3.

Yes, He did.

I know that's why I put a winky face. ;)

Mummelmann said:
Aj_habfan said:
"With this, for example, the ease of using a video game system when the hardware is shared by multiple family members, which has been a challenge we needed to tackle, shall be improved, and we will also be able to construct and offer the system by combining a variety of different services and content."

That's a lot of words without really saying anything.

I interpret it more like this; "In other words, we are making a system that is exactly like the one you've found on the HD consoles since they launched."

I'm very happy that Nintendo have finally come aound to the idea of being flexible on online solutions and interface and that they don't shy away from more mainstream tech simply to set themselves apart, especially when implementing that tech makes a lot of sense in a broader perspective (formats, online functionality, media functionality, storage, accounts etc).

Hopefully Nintendo implements it better than Microsoft did with the XBox ...

While it doesn't impact me directly, having witnessed how clumsy switching profiles is at my brother's house (when he realized he was signed in under my nephew's profile), it is fairly clear that multiple profiles per XBox was an afterthought for Microsoft.

NobleTeam360 said:
tell me when the real next gen consoles come out.

Will do: When Wii U (or whatever it'll be called) hits the stores!

Funny how Sony and MS - both current gen - copied a last gen; Wii. Because it's all about the graphics, right? Is my understanding that that's your view of a new gen?

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.