By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Attempt to Burn Retinas with Mario Party 9 Boxart

Tagged games:

Not the best cover in the world, but when you get past the blinding color, you'll notice that it's much better looking then the uninspiring Mario Party 8 boxart.

Check out my art blog: http://jon-erich-art.blogspot.com

Around the Network

This is probably the last big (kind of) exclusive we will see on the Wii so I guess they figured they would go out with a real eyepopper for cover art.I actually like it. Probably good from a marketing stand point too ... your eyes will go straight to it when you see it on a wall with a bunch of other Wii games.

I think if I ever was involved in a retail game market/distribution I would insist that the game has a bright yellow with maybe a little bit of black for the cover art ... and the game would have to start with a letter between C and N so that it sits up there next to the maddens and call of duties catching everyone's eye. I wonder if marketing types in the game industry think about this stuff when they make cover art / come up with game titles.

spurgeonryan said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

That article... was hilarious! :D

Won't be getting the game though.

When u see the reviews for this game you will change your mind!

Heh, they're gonna have to be mind blowing then :P Last game I bought in the series  was Mario Party 5. (MP 7 was pretty awesome though, played it with 5 friends when they brought it over =)

I don't think it's legal for a videogame to have that much colour

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

I love it. It's so Galaxy-ish.
Not buying the game though.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network

Overloaded with characters and too bright.

what an amazing cover!! : )

no jk, i like it

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Come to think of it...

If the cover is this freaking bright, then the actual in-game content must be lethal! O.O  <------ And that would be the look of everyones faces.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

pezus said:
spurgeonryan said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

That article... was hilarious! :D

Won't be getting the game though.

When u see the reviews for this game you will change your mind!

You think? Do mario party games get good/great scores?

Game Rankings                    MetaCritic

Mario Party 77% 79/100
Mario Party 2 74% 76/100
Mario Party 3 76% 74/100
Mario Party 4 73% 70/100
Mario Party 5 70% 69/100
Mario Party 6 73% 71/100
Mario Party Advance 57% 54/100
Mario Party 7 65% 64/100
Mario Party 8 63% 62/100
Mario Party DS 72% 72/100
Mario Party 9 TBA TBA

Apparently not, and especially not the Wii-predecessor. But, on the bright side there's room for a lot of improvement! =)