By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global UP ! (21st January)

Reasonable said:
happydolphin said:

I find this very insightful. Just out of curiosity, which group (academic or arts/media) chose which platform for your boys' cases?

The academics are all secret online warriors on the 360 while the artists seem to favour the PS3 (LittleBigPlanet being a huge favourite).  TBH I'd be curious to see the results if MS and Sony tried out really targeted marketing on their consoles/games.  For example with the UGC capabilities of a lot of PS3 exclusives like LBP and inFamous 2 I could see a Sony campaign heavily pushing a concept of creation and realizing your own ability to design.

Remember a few years back when Apple started finding popularity again through the arts community, thanks to pushing photoshop and a fancy UI? It could prove lucrative to Sony to take that route. I'm just not sure they would be ready to shed the Man Cave image they have. But if Apple is any indicator, the arts crowd is probably the most vocal, Sony might want to take notes.

Around the Network

I think it depends on the specific region you're in that influences the console preference you see. I personally live in America and most of the people I interact with favor the PS3. Maybe it's just my city.

Similarly, a president may dominate an election, but he still probably lost a few states. And then, there are even smaller regions within every state that probably voted for the opposing party.

I think the same is the case for console preference in the US/UK. Just because the X360 has a large lead in the overall nation doesn't mean that it isn't lacking in a few regions within the larger nation.

kowenicki said:
ethomaz said:
German and France software UP.

German: 19. Gran Turismo 5 (PS3) - 4,937
France: 28. Gran Turismo 5 (PS3) - 2,234
UK: 38. Gran Turismo 5 (PS3) - 2,903

Three countries and OVER 10k in sales.

Wouldnt hold too much by them... Forza4 is in the top 20 in the official UK chart and yet doesnt appear here in the UK top 40!?....

That have to be fixed... I don't know how much Forza 4 sold but I guess at least 4,500 is ok.

Kai Master said:
I don't like the way VGC and you present charts with France always added/cited after Germany even if the France market is bigger. Still some anti-French from Iraq war veto ?

Lol, hows the tin hat?

Around the Network
Kai Master said:
I don't like the way VGC and you present charts with France always added/cited after Germany even if the France market is bigger. Still some anti-French from Iraq war veto ?

Germany's gaming market is bigger. Only if you exclude PC, France would sell more systems and software.

Also we (I'm German) didn't want to help fighting in Iraq either.

Wii nearly below 100k, should be surprised it's gone down so fast but then Ninty expect 80k average this Q so could go a lot lower than that. Could see some sub 60k weeks

kowenicki said:
brendude13 said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
It's weird seeing 360 outsell PS3 like that. Pretty much everyone I know that plays games has a PS3, and maybe only half have a 360.

It's the same for me, It's teh Northerners I tell thee.

Go North of London and you will barely find anyone who has a PS3, it's almost as if the country is divided.

generalising much?

what utter nonsense.

I've only just realised how ignorant and offensive my post was. I apologise.

bursts in with defibrillator, right where's the vita

coming out in eu in feb isn't it,what about the us?

Above & Beyond

zuvuyeay said:
bursts in with defibrillator, right where's the vita

coming out in eu in feb isn't it,what about the us?

February 22