By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Did GT5 pass 1 million sold in UK? UPDATE: UK sales over 1.1m

pezus said:
A want a good ol' undertrackedz! thread

I would too but ethmoaz gets way way too much hate for them..undeserving too

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

Are those German numbers lifetime or just 2011 sales?

Carl2291 said:

Lifetime... all games that reached these milestone sales in 2011.

thehusbo said:
enrageorange said:
thehusbo said:
enrageorange said:
thehusbo said:
enrageorange said:
thehusbo said:
Those bundles are doing well for forza :) gt5 doing really well too

ya too bad microsoft didn't bundle it as much as uncharted 3. Can't imagine what the sales would have been if they had. :)

Nice. Except uncharted isn't bundled in the uk.. It was for a limited time in America. Keep it relevant.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-PlayStation-Console-Uncharted-Blu-ray/dp/B005PVOMTO/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1327111260&sr=8-5

http://press2reset.com/2011/12/09/sony-christmas-marketing-aimed-at-360-and-wii-users/

and it's still bundled in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, France, Germany, Spain, and Italy... 

Why are you just picking out any deal that has uncharted in it? There's was loads of ps3 deals going on over Xmas and uncharted was just one of many. Nearly EVERY Xbox offer had forza in over Xmas and it still does, all over europe. And the second bundle was for a limited time and no longer exists. Your trying though I'll give you that. 

What you said makes 0 sense.  Why am I suppose to show you deals without uncharted in them??? Whats next you want me to show you all the deals without even a playstation 3 in them? There were plenty of 360 deals without forza as well. 

You claimed uncharted only had bundles in North America for a limited time and you were clearly wrong. It has plenty of bundles everywhere most notably the UK. So then you change your arguement because you have been clearly proven wrong and again posted a blatant lie. You are claiming nearly every 360 had forza yet it is very easy to see that in Europe a lot more 360s were sold than copies of forza. 

Its okay buddy. Not the end of the world that uncharted is being bundled rather heavily. Plenty of other ps3/360 games have been as well.

I don't think you realise this conversation is about the uk.. If you lived in the uk you would see how bundled forza was since it was released. Yes uncharted had a few bundles but nowhere near to the extent you, and a few others seem to make out. I live here so im telling you that. Uncharted has sold well, forza is doing ok, just move on. 

your right. forza is probably the most bundled game there is. given away with every 360 model. most of its sales come entirely from being bundled. i dont know why people even saying uncharted was bundled cause looking at past uncharted's, it can stand on it own 2 feet and sell 5-6 million on it own. without bundles forza would just about scrape 500k. forza needs to be bundled, uncharted doesnt, thats the difference.

ethomaz said:
Carl2291 said:

Is there a 2010 version?

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
ethomaz said:
Carl2291 said:

Is there a 2010 version?

Yeap... every year but I can't found the PDF.

http://www.biu-online.de/de/presse/newsroom/newsroom-detail/datum////biu-sales-award-fifa-11-erfolgreichstes-spiel-in-2010-weihnachtsgeschaeft-beschert-17-biu-sales-aw.html

Edit - There are a news about the awards every month like that for Battlefield 3, FIFA 2012 and FOOTBALL MANAGER 11 in October: http://www.biu-online.de/en/press/newsroom/news-detail/datum////biu-sales-award-battlefield-3-fifa-2012-und-football-manager-11-received-biu-sales-awards-in-octob.html

It all depends on how much Killzone 3 sold for the year. But Uncharted 3 couldn't make 350k and its number 17. So I doubt it did probably still at 850k. GT5 is hardly bundled anywhere so it's even more of a chance that it never passed a million.

dsage01 said:
It all depends on how much Killzone 3 sold for the year. But Uncharted 3 couldn't make 350k and its number 17. So I doubt it did probably still at 850k. GT5 is hardly bundled anywhere so it's even more of a chance that it never passed a million.

GT5 sold near 800k in 2010 just in UK... so VGC shows 90k for 2011 and the news here shows near 200k... I guess GT5 is near to reach 1 million in UK... this year is for sure.

Carl2291 said:
ethomaz said:

I guess a little less than 240k... Moshi Monsters: Moshling Zoo sold 216,232 and Driver sold near 200k.

So mostly like GT5 sold 210k.

Killzone 3 and LittleBigPlanet sold near/over 200k too

Undertracked.

Here we go again

Thread?

According to VGC, GT5 sold in UK less than 1/10 of its total Europe 2011 sales. Check what's the UK/Europe ratio for other important PS3 games, consider that racers are generally quite big in UK on any platform and a doubt could spring to your mind.

Add that GT5 haters will be pissed off as hornets by anybody suggesting undertracking and you should be sold!   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
thehusbo said:
enrageorange said:
thehusbo said:
enrageorange said:
thehusbo said:
enrageorange said:
thehusbo said:
Rabble

Rabble

Rabble

Rabble

Rabble

Rabble

Rabble

your right. forza is probably the most bundled game there is. given away with every 360 model. most of its sales come entirely from being bundled. i dont know why people even saying uncharted was bundled cause looking at past uncharted's, it can stand on it own 2 feet and sell 5-6 million on it own. without bundles forza would just about scrape 500k. forza needs to be bundled, uncharted doesnt, thats the difference.

I wasn't going to post in this thread but I saw this and had a solid case of the WTF's. Tell me you're just taking a piss and not being serious.