By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Did GT5 pass 1 million sold in UK? UPDATE: UK sales over 1.1m

yo_john117 said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
thehusbo said:
enrageorange said:
thehusbo said:
enrageorange said:
thehusbo said:
enrageorange said:
thehusbo said:
Rabble

Rabble

Rabble

Rabble

Rabble

Rabble

Rabble

your right. forza is probably the most bundled game there is. given away with every 360 model. most of its sales come entirely from being bundled. i dont know why people even saying uncharted was bundled cause looking at past uncharted's, it can stand on it own 2 feet and sell 5-6 million on it own. without bundles forza would just about scrape 500k. forza needs to be bundled, uncharted doesnt, thats the difference.

I wasn't going to post in this thread but I saw this and had a solid case of the WTF's. Tell me you're just taking a piss and not being serious.

yea well theres alot of ridiculous stuff said around here, so thought i'll have my turn. people seem to be overexaggerating on uncharted 3 bundling, the first thing that came in to my head was forza. every single one of them was bundled as soon as they released

Around the Network
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
yo_john117 said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:

I wasn't going to post in this thread but I saw this and had a solid case of the WTF's. Tell me you're just taking a piss and not being serious.

yea well theres alot of ridiculous stuff said around here, so thought i'll have my turn. people seem to be overexaggerating on uncharted 3 bundling, the first thing that came in to my head was forza. every single one of them was bundled as soon as they released

Well that's not true but yeah a lot of overexaggeration in this thread but that doesn't mean you have to join in on the crap throwing.

Forza is the second choice racing sim for those that couldn't find a second job. O-)

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

ethomaz said:
dsage01 said:
It all depends on how much Killzone 3 sold for the year. But Uncharted 3 couldn't make 350k and its number 17. So I doubt it did probably still at 850k. GT5 is hardly bundled anywhere so it's even more of a chance that it never passed a million.

GT5 sold near 800k in 2010 just in UK... so VGC shows 90k for 2011 and the news here shows near 200k... I guess GT5 is near to reach 1 million in UK... this year is for sure.

GT5 sold around 735k in 2010, with another 210k LTD till the end of 2011 945k. And since it still charting in top 40 it should pass 1m quickly. LTD maybe 1.2m in uk which will be huge since previous GT games never passed 1m. All we know is that they sold over 600k.

shanbcn said:
ethomaz said:
dsage01 said:
It all depends on how much Killzone 3 sold for the year. But Uncharted 3 couldn't make 350k and its number 17. So I doubt it did probably still at 850k. GT5 is hardly bundled anywhere so it's even more of a chance that it never passed a million.

GT5 sold near 800k in 2010 just in UK... so VGC shows 90k for 2011 and the news here shows near 200k... I guess GT5 is near to reach 1 million in UK... this year is for sure.

GT5 sold around 735k in 2010, with another 210k LTD till the end of 2011 945k. And since it still charting in top 40 it should pass 1m quickly. LTD maybe 1.2m in uk which will be huge since previous GT games never passed 1m. All we know is that they sold over 600k.

That's great. More than I expected anyways. So by the looks of it... it looks undertracked. 

Around the Network

didnt know GT5 was the highest selling in the series in the UK.

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
didnt know GT5 was the highest selling in the series in the UK.

Stop twisting the knife you all! You're making all those poor haters sad pandas!!!   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

GT5 haters are the funniest. At first it was just Forza fans saying the game had 2D trees. They can't attack the large fanbase, great graphics, amazing sales, largest selection of cars and tracks etc. Now they seem to be wanting to attack the sales by calling it "poor" but as soon as they look at Forza sales *trying to ignore the fact that Forza, LBP, Fable and now Halo aren't the most bundled games on the planet* start to weep.

leatherhat said:
kowenicki said:
Carl2291 said:
GT3 was only "excessively" bundled in Anerica wasn't it?

Forza 3 was "excessively" bundled WW.

Plus, doesn't the OP say GT5 is on the way to become the FIRST GT to cross a Million in the UK?

ffs....  I'm really not interested.

I was commenting on Forza... its building, its done incredibly well in the UK in 2010, the 3rd best selling exclusive for all consoles in 2010 and 2nd best for the 360...

I realise I made the terrible error in mentioning GT in anything other than glowing terms... I am so so so sorry.

That is all

You dragged Forza into a GT thread. You knew what you were doing and you knew what it would cause. Don't play the victim.

He has a habit of doing that.

dsage01 said:
GT5 haters are the funniest. At first it was just Forza fans saying the game had 2D trees. They can't attack the large fanbase, great graphics, amazing sales, largest selection of cars and tracks etc. Now they seem to be wanting to attack the sales by calling it "poor" but as soon as they look at Forza sales *trying to ignore the fact that Forza, LBP, Fable and now Halo aren't the most bundled games on the planet* start to weep.

quantity does not equal quality