By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resident Evil: Attracting CoD fans 'the dream,' says Capcom. 'Action route makes sense'

Tagged games:

I'm actually interested in seeing Resident Evil's multiplayer, so maybe I'm not as worried as I should be.

Love and tolerate.

Around the Network

Wow haha. First time I've seen that trailer. Didn't know some stuff of RE6 was out already.

Sad to see the direction the series is going. Frankly I don't mind action, but now it follows the same Hollywood recipe of the other games that pleases the teen drones over North America and Europe - some boys blowin' shit up. Not to mention the uninspired and generic apocalyptic scenario...

I was probably gonna pass on 6, but this confirms it even more. Cant even be mad at Capcom, 5 is the best selling one, so that means more than forum goers who didnt like 5 as much (myself included). no biggie thats 60 bucks i wont have to spend

I don't understand why resident evil 4 is often times considered the best in the series and 5 the worst. As others mentioned with the introduction of 4, resident evil changed from survival horror to an action game that just happened to include zombies. 

Anyway I'll probably get resident evil 6. The only thing I hate is the fucking gun weilding zombies. Biggest reason why I felt ninja gaiden 2 and resident evil 5 were lame. Giving random enemies guns when it clearly makes no sense for them to have guns is such a lame and boring way to make harder enemies. 

so whats the point then? it'll just be another shooter except with zombies as the enemy

Around the Network

RE4 is one of the greatest games ever. Though perhaps not survival horror in the same way as previous entries in the series, it was tense as hell. It was a spectacular game, way ahead of its time. I can't believe that someone actually prefer the dated and clumsy RE games that came before it.

RE5 was also great, but less scary and too similar to RE4 in gameplay.

This is a day one purchase for me.

Pretty much confirms I won't be buying it, I was burnt with a day one buy with RE5 (which I never even finished)and thats a mistake I'll not make again.

mjo011 said:
RE4 is one of the greatest games ever. Though perhaps not survival horror in the same way as previous entries in the series, it was tense as hell. It was a spectacular game, way ahead of its time. I can't believe that someone actually prefer the dated and clumsy RE games that came before it.

RE5 was also great, but less scary and too similar to RE4 in gameplay.

This is a day one purchase for me.

Many people don't like change. Understandable, but that's not what I think

This 'me too' thinking will never make Resident evil franchise trailblazing again. But I guess as long as they keep making an announcing them as a big gaming event, there is hope.

Sweet, quick-scope zombie headshots should be awesome!

They should just rename the franchise Gears of Evil... has a nice ring to it.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.