By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo DS Sells over One Million in Korea

Nintendo has World in handful

Vgchartz = Video...Charts

(On Machina request take off from my sign..........)

Around the Network

Wait till they get their Starcraft DS (homebrew) over there. There's be another DS shortage...

BKK said:
Seriously, try finding a game store in any major city in China which don't stock any of the current gen consoles, even though none have been officially released there yet. Same is true in South East Asia. You don't even need to get them "chipped", as the stores have already done it. Granted, demand will go up once it's officially released, as it will be cheaper, and be advertised, but the console market isn't mature enough yet to sell mega numbers. In ten years time it might be a different story. It's not something I've heard, I frequently travel to Shanghai, Hong Kong/Macau/Shenzhen I live in the region.

I can't find any game store in a major city in China, because I'm not there. Interesting that you can find these, then -- why would Nintendo plan an official "launch" if this is the case? I clearly don't understand the Chinese market, because I also didn't know WoW was played largely through cafes.

Any info would be appreciated!

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

That's very impressiv now they just need Starcraft DS.

Think twice before helping a friend in need.

BKK said:
None of the current gen systems are going to sell for 700-800 Yuan any time soon. Especially when hardware is the only way they can turn a profit.

Give Wii about 4 years and it'll be around $99, by then not only will Wii be able to be profitable at around 800 Yuan, but the Chinese market will be a lot more ready for the console

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network

wow DS is really doing great there

Are these sales represented under 'Others'?

The secret to Asia is to sell the systems at a profit and make addictive MMOs with lots of microtransations to suck them dry little by little. Then who cares if it's a pirated copy, in fact, just assume 90% are. You save a ton on producing the disk/box/etc. There's talk Maplestory will be coming to DS in Korea and who knows, maybe Wii as well.

To bad that softwares dont sell so well there ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

hunter_alien said:
To bad that softwares dont sell so well there ...

does it matter that much if you get a profit on the hardware?

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Nice DS, very nice